ROCK STAR: Supernova

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Myrddin
Regular
Regular

Post by Myrddin »

or Dave Matthews....ZING! :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/sharkmansix/jedimaster.jpg[/img]
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

So they kicked off the dude last night and kept the Latina girl who looks like Bridget Fonda--which I have no problem with---but this girl BLOWWWWWWS something horrible. Her rendition of "Call Me" was atrocious. Is Tommy Lee and the rest of his group tone deaf? She hit more flat notes than William Hung. I don't get it. Are they keeping the chicks for the (se)X factor or what?

Nevertheless Storm Large (has to be a moniker) is smokin' beautiful and her voice is bigger than a lot of dude's voices which I like cuz I hate chicks who sing soprano. She's gonna give the Ani-meets-Linda a run for her money. They're both worth watching the entire show for IMHO.
man I love those certain things
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

i've been watching sporadically. i dont think lucas is going to cut it. i also dont think they're going for a female.

right now, my $ is on the aussie guy.
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

the aussie guy.
God I hope not.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Storm is hot and a GREAT singer. But something about her seems a little white bread for those guys.

The Ani - Perry chick is crusty enough to hang with the boys
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

Storm is hot and a GREAT singer. But something about her seems a little white bread for those guys.

The Ani - Perry chick is crusty enough to hang with the boys
True enough. But when she gets that crazy look in her eyes, growls, tosses the mic and then stage dives FRONT FIRST into the audience....I'm thining more seven-grain, whole kernel bread myself. Not to mention that some dude in the audience had an opportunity to catch her via her special little "handles". Damn. How do you get tickets to that show?
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I haven't watched more than a couple of minutes here and there since the first show, but I will say this.

That "Storm" chick...way too cheezy.

Lukas Rossi = still my pick to win even though I've only seen him perform once. He was clearly a cut above the rest of the other guys when I did see him perform. I'd be really surprised if the remaining guys who performed that night stepped it up enough to even be considered in the same league with him.

As for the females...every last one of them reminds me of the lead singer of that horrible house band at Piere's (Yummy). Especially with the cheezy stage antics (some may call it stage "presence"...i call it crap) They have great voices (most of them) but they're not "rock" stars. I, too, doubt that a female will be picked.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

That Lukas guy look like he would get the gig and immediately die from a celebratory jack of heroine into his arm.

Hes a d*ck and a junkie. They wont tolerate him.

I think the guys WOULD consider a chick, just to be different.

ANI-PERRY to win, Alex.
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

Yeah, Lukas seems REALLY self-absorbed and, from outward appearances at least, a drug addict of some kind. He practically yawns when the others are on stage and has a real arrogant air about him. But he is good. But he's also too small. All the dudes in Supernova are 6 foot or taller. He would look like junkie hobbit standing amongst gothic elves on stage. Not good. Same with Ani-meets-Linda. She is incredible, but, like 4' 11". Storm has to be 5' 10" or so. My ex-girlfriend from high school is in business with Brooke Burke the host and she sent me pics of her standing next to Brooke and they are about the same height---5' 9". Brooke has freaking platform heels on every night during the show and Storm is as tall as she is. So....

God I'm scaring myself. I don't even like this kind of music. What am I doing? Reality TV sucks in yet another victim. God help us all.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

doubleshot wrote:Yeah, Lukas seems REALLY self-absorbed and, from outward appearances at least, a drug addict of some kind. He practically yawns when the others are on stage and has a real arrogant air about him. But he is good. But he's also too small. All the dudes in Supernova are 6 foot or taller. He would look like junkie hobbit standing amongst gothic elves on stage. Not good. Same with Ani-meets-Linda. She is incredible, but, like 4' 11". Storm has to be 5' 10" or so. My ex-girlfriend from high school is in business with Brooke Burke the host and she sent me pics of her standing next to Brooke and they are about the same height---5' 9". Brooke has freaking platform heels on every night during the show and Storm is as tall as she is. So....

God I'm scaring myself. I don't even like this kind of music. What am I doing? Reality TV sucks in yet another victim. God help us all.
What about these guys' history tells you they would shy away from a drug addict???

On another note, I find I've preferred "The One" more... They keep ripping on the Ben Harper/Bob Marley/Michael Franti wannabe guy, but I think he's really interesting. Most of the rest of them are good too, although I can't figure out why the judges saved the chick they did last night. I thought the other one was a lot better. She was horribly off-pitch and running around the stage barefoot singing Barricuda kind of badly... not that good.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Because thay are all clean and have had their former bands implode because of drug addled asshats.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Oliver's Army wrote:Because thay are all clean and have had their former bands implode because of drug addled asshats.
Probably true. Although Tommy Lee was the drug addled asshat...

I think it would be mighty difficult to hide any habit living in that house and being on that show under that kind of scrutiny, let alone a heroine habit.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Here's a pic of that girl, Storm Large:

Here's some more but they aren't exactly SFW:

http://www.domela.com/

8)
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I wonder if Vegas has odds on this show.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I also wonder if I said that right.