Hi.

Use this forum to start a thread about yourself. Please take the time to read to rules and regs before posting.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Hi.

Post by Sankofa »

Greetings, I'm Mister B, Mr. Bryden, Stephen, Sankofa aka erehwoN naM depending on the other end (preK-2, 3-5, friends, rap folk). Born and raised in Australia, moved to MN just in time to catch the advent of YO! MTV Raps, spent a year in China after college and-after following that music thing in LA and hiking 662 miles of the Appalachian Trail, I ended up in Fort Wayne. Consider me 31 years ancient and happily found by a beautiful tornado (pictured below).

You might have seen me with the beautiful tornado, walking around town, volunteering at AFW, borrowing lots of DVDs from the library, maybe even rocking shows (of which I've averaged around 2 a month for a year or so), or earning dollars in the name of subbery. I've been fortunate to make music with talented friends and my latest effort (Still Means Something) is one of the Whammys Best Local CD nominees. I am quite inefficient, requiring much food and sleep. I recently joined forces with Left Lane Cruiser to start a band called Lenin's Jukebox and the chance to instantly alter the texture of a song is dope and a half. I'm in no rush to complete my next album (appropriately entitled The Tortoise Hustle) and consider myself to be a very fortunate fellow.

When not on stage, I prefer to be invisible, making this rocking shows thing an interesting test in stretching my socialization skill set. I'm loathe to self-promote and am thankful for those who have taken the time to hear my music.

Below are the covers of all but one of my releases (one a year since 1998)

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I don't really listen to any music other than that which inspired me in the days of yore, I'd rather make it.

I made some tee shirts a while back and have a few left (figure I'll drop them off at Convolution tonight). They look a lot like this:

I've been slacking on entering the battle of the bands even though I know I should.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

I have one of those shirts. They're awesomeness in 100% cotton.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

i DESPERATELY need to make it to convolution to pick up my shirt/cd. i promise i will do it friday!!!!
mattjericho
RockStar
RockStar
Location: Dayton, first in flight, last in minor leauge hockey attendance.

Post by mattjericho »

you better - or St Louise will be very angry
[b]Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, well, he dropped by and he brought a copy of About Last Night and a four-pack of Bartels & James and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now.
[/b]
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

adam atherton wrote:i DESPERATELY need to make it to convolution to pick up my shirt/cd. i promise i will do it friday!!!!
I asked Kimberly to put any remaining pre-orders on the racks and believe Oliver's Armadillo is now the proud owner of the black XXL upon which you had dibs.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Sankofa wrote:
adam atherton wrote:i DESPERATELY need to make it to convolution to pick up my shirt/cd. i promise i will do it friday!!!!
I asked Kimberly to put any remaining pre-orders on the racks and believe Oliver's Armadillo is now the proud owner of the black XXL upon which you had dibs.
Nope, I got a grey one.

The black shirt was left behind to hang out with the other guys.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

(going sooner rather than later)