POSTING GIGS? - EVERYONE READ!

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

POSTING GIGS? - EVERYONE READ!

Post by cwallace »

Hey all...

We always see your posting of shows, events, and activities on the boards...especially in this thread. HOWEVER, these are quite often missed on the calendar. If you can spend a few minutes posting here, click on over too:

http://www.fortwaynemusic.com/calendar/calendar.php

and post it on the actualy calendar. We are going to be hitting the callendar hard from now on with updated content so it is only appropriate that you the user and band member submit your shows there as well as here.

This goes for venue owners and managers as well. If you have shows GET THEM ON THERE. It is your responsibility as the venue to promote the shows you book. this is a simple and FREE step...cheaper than advertising in the local music rags...

Outside of the actual band members and venues other users are free to submit events as they notice they have been missed or overlooked. Once the submission has been made the final approval will go through the staff. It is a quick click and go for us and someone will be on it all day everyday from now on.

This process only helps YOU the band member and YOU the visitor to the site. The calendar is used alot from outside sources who never check the message boards so you might as well use the free word. You are what makes the system work and the scene happen.

Mr. Wallace
Last edited by cwallace on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

30 new shows and 4 new calendar posts...

Please RE-READ the above..:)

C-Dub
Last edited by cwallace on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

I just hit it up.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I applaud you...I will go check now..

OTHERS!!! ???

C-Dub
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

bump...

Let's fill up the calendar peeps..:) I am promoting it in a few places right now and would love to see the content rise for the traffic that rolls through.

Chris
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Seriously...if you just got BORED and wanted to enter REAL and known events from ANY source to our calendar feel free. Pick up the paper...grab whatz up...I could care less where the content came from as long as it is legit and local. Local event...not just local talent. Big shows coming to the area? Post 'em...local band playing somewhere else? Post 'em. It is up to everyone to fill the calendar..and that content leads to hits on the web from EVERYWHERE as long as we post high on the search engines...

Do it!

Chris
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

30 new shows posted here...two new calendar submissions. I don't think some of you get it sometimes...simple click and post of info...much faster than even the little posts here...AND it goes to a wider audiance...well a wider OUTSIDE audiance...the one that goes directly to the calendar and never reads the boards....

As of now the direct calendar links are almost outnumbering the single user boards links...I keep saying it, but some of you aren't listening...you all think the boards are the main draw here...yeah they are...amongst you all...but not show seekers.

ADD YOUR SHOWS TO THE CALENDAR....it makes the site look better. :)

Chris
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

More shows posted here and nothing new on the calendar. Things must change people. We are seriously considering changing the focus of this forum to show discussion and not promotion and announcing.

The majority of people that visit this site do NOT visit the message boards. So posting your show annoucments here get the word out to less than half the actual visitors to the site.

The logs prove this to be true...

I am glad people can use the boards in a constructive manner, but it is counter productive to the site in many ways.

I am not going to go into the technical aspect of it all, but trust me...USE the calendar...it is better all around for EVERYONE...

Chris
omalley
Troll
Troll

Post by omalley »

You're right, Chris. The calender is pretty easy to use. Hopefully everyone else will fall in line and start using it.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

BUMP...

getting MUCH content again lately...thank you. Please keep it up and as I have said in the past feel free to enter any shows you read about or know about. We will edit and approve as needed.

Thanks,
Chris
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Just wanted to point this out to everyone again.

Of course we are back to seeing MANY public posts of shows, but only a handful of them making it to the calendar.

I have been back to checking it regularly...like at least once every ever other day...usually in the evenings. So...toss them on there. Make sure you don't do it day of show also...I have noticed a few of those lately. Get it up there early so not only people here can make plans, but also so the spiders that crawl from the search engines index the shows...I won't go into what that means, but trust me the earlier the better.

Anyway...POST ON THE CALENDAR!!

Chris. :)
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Ok...with the new site design in the works I must stress how the calendar must be used once again.

I will personaly start deleting public posts of upcoming shows that are not listed on the calendar in the next few weeks and months.

I am currently writting a significan't amount of backend programming to suport the use of dynamic content and I will not let my efforts go to waste because individuals choose not to make simple form inputs of show information.

The calendar is currently over 60% of our actual server traffic. A large majority of that is DIRECT link usage...meaning they must have it bookmarked and go NOWHERE else on the entire site.

Not posting your show in the calendar is like telling less than half of you potential audience.

So basically use it. This forum will most likely eventually be moderated to only allow post show discussion unless there is significant content additions to the existing calendar.

Chris
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

bump for purging safety
pheenbass
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by pheenbass »

Hey C-dub, I need something deleted off of the calender.

we were booked at Legends for the 9th of September, we are still playing but the other two bands are not, and know it is the Hurricane Katrina relief show.

So if you want the calender to be accurate, then there you go, I F#(#&D UP

Thanks
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Wow...two shows on the October calendar...thanks for helping out the cause people.

Chris