The maplestory itself needs to be more powerful with AFK'er

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

StevenCao

The maplestory itself needs to be more powerful with AFK'er

Post by StevenCao »

I've had several instances where a player has been afk the entire match of One Card, and also a couple of games where all 3 of my competitions were afk. This drags on the sport far too long and frequently times the game just stops. No cards are played with anybody and the only way to play a different sport is to stop and receive a 10 minute ban for "cheating". There clearly could be individuals who misuse this, but I see it doing far more good than bad.

The game becoming stuck has nothing to do with AFK'ers. It happens buy maplestory mobile mesos when someone chooses a color (later playing a Color Change or Irena card) overly slow. And when that happens, the last thing you should do is stop. The sport out time, 11 minutes after the cards were dealt, and you'll get points as to get a maximum-length game.

If you stop you get no points and can not perform for 10 minutes anyway, so you're better off staying in the game and hoping everyone else can too. Since if one person stops, the game becomes partly unstuck: players still can not click on their cards, but turns do move from one to the other and also the AI plays for everybody. And at the end (which generally happens at the identical 11-minute timeout) the game punishes everybody for "AFK'ing" because they didn't play with their cards and let the AI do it for them...

In terms of voting people out: no.It would indicate that anybody who is down to one card would get kicked out by another three, who may not be buddies but are in agreement that they don't want him winning.As Loonacm explained, the match itself needs to be stricter with AFK'ers. It decides one is AFK after 3 rounds of them not playing. Thus, it should just kick them out, instead of continuing to play for them after awaiting their ends out.BTW, in my experience, there are not that many AFK'ers. A great deal of botters, but the bots do play, so that they are much less of an annoyance. Nobody gains anything from truly AFK'ing, therefore individuals don't do that on purpose anymore.

This is mostly about the Madhouse, however, it applies to a lot of events in Maple, which have a part of RNG and restricted efforts. Thus, also things like the Dark Lords of Darkness, Hunter's Club, SAO (although that you had a paid component), etc. An event needs to have a means to be certain everybody wins, given they strive hard enough.

Examples for your Madhouse event: Permit going back in when reaching the Escape room, without using up another pass. It is still possible not to find a particular page, even if allowed to wander the Madhouse eternally, but it becomes vanishingly unlikely. Make it feasible to buy any diary page you are missing by paying some (large) amount of coins.

Make the chance of getting a page from the appropriate reactor MS2 Mesos go up with the number of efforts you make, until it reaches 100% or till you get the webpage. So, if the chance of a Test Tube dropping Page 2 starts out in 5 percent, then every time you activate a Test Tube it will go up by another 5 percent, until after 20 Test Tubes you're guaranteed of getting that page. Once you get the webpage the chance resets to 5 percent and remains there.

I am sure different methods can be considered. The key part is, again be sure everybody who makes a true effort can finish the occasion. Real Life does that, but we play games to escape the temptations of real life, not to get more of these.