sansamp bass di

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

sansamp bass di

Post by bassjones »

Anybody using one of these? My church has one for a di but not the manual with the sample settings. I'm trying to dial up a nice clean R&B/Gospel type sound, but that thing just seems to want to be gritty all the time. It's a great rock/funk box, but I'm not happy with the clean tone - AT ALL!
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

Check out Countryman, they can't be beat. L.R. Baggs is a close second though.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I'm thinking about a Radial Bassbone, actually. The question is getting a good sound out of the Sansamp in the meantime. Part of the problem is the MFD pickups in the G&L are EXTREMELY hot, so they overdrive almost any di without a pad on it. I love the tone, but it limits my choices for di boxes.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

Jeff, who plays bass with me has the Sansamp, and yeah, he keeps his L-2000 in the case alot. The active pickups (or those ones anyway) seem way hot for it.