98.9 The Bear Reviews

City Planning, Ordinances, Events, Radio Stations, and other topic regarding to Fort Wayne.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

[quote="Garr"]um. . .yeah. . .

I quite think you're a dullard. I quit expecting decent writing from posters. I will be quiet now. Would you like a quilt?[/quote]

You kill me. For some reason that just made my day.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Garr wrote:
jforbes wrote:Does anybody actually listen to that weak ass attempt at a morning show.
Seriously four minutes and i am ready to beat my head against a wall until I pass out!
Yeah. . .TURNER NEEDS TO DIE! He is terrible. He's not really funny, his slurred words and nasally whine makes me want to punch babies. The morning show is uninspired and worn out. In person, I like those guys, but I don't think the broadcasts are very strong. Jerr-dog is probably the best thing it has going for it. . .
I just choked on my coffee.
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

it's only good when Christopher Walken occasionally appears on the morning show :P
GoDownProductions
Regular
Regular

Post by GoDownProductions »

I can't stand The Bear! Same crap songs all day long, everyday. Why are they still playing NIN - Closer?!?!?! Enough already!
TaylorF
Regular
Regular

Post by TaylorF »

Ya, I don't get it. They still play all the old classic rock bands who have been broken up for decades. My least favorite band they play absolutely all the time is Metallica. What the heck! Metallica sucks and has been done for years. Let it go and play some new stuff!!!
andrew spangler
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by andrew spangler »

some nights they have a kickass list going,and others it just falls apart. I think mandatory metallica is a waste of time. they should put it on at like 2 am if anything. They do play a fair amount of new stuff,but right now its getting very tiring because they play it 65648 times a day. i think i heard "crazy b*tch" 3 times in an afternoon. They should have MORE local licks,theres plenty of stuff around here thats better than half the stuff they play on there. the morning show can stay,if they get rid of those morons who dont know how to tell a good joke. But hey,they do promote and support this city,and give away tons of free sh*t.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

My new favorite station is 96 WAVE in Charleston S.C.

I wish we had that HERE!!!

96wave.com and listen live...

Chris
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

cwallace wrote:My new favorite station is 96 WAVE in Charleston S.C.

I wish we had that HERE!!!

96wave.com and listen live...

Chris
Site visited.

Saw "Papa Roach" and "Godsmack".

Closed window.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

lol...yeah...they are a wierd music compbo...

I can compare them to 98.9, but with a GREAT old school alternative playlist as well.

Many songs you can't find on any station around here anymore...

Definitely not what YOUR into...;) BUT...compared to 98.9 in FW this station is right there and more...

Chris
Pullimic
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by Pullimic »

honestly they suck, but for wayne radio sucks in general, not much diversity at all, I mean sure 92.3 is a good classic rock station and rock 104 is a good counter part since they both play classic rock but different songs but again over all fort wayne radio is dull I can't listen to any station in fort wayne without changing the station after 20 minutes and the bear is the worst for this, I like metallica but it gets old, same with ac/dc, godsmack sucks, avenge seven fold sucks the bear tends to play the same songs over and over and over again. what they are doing for the local scene is great but I think x102.3 did a better job, you actually heard ads for local shows that 102.3 wasn't going to be at not just the shows they chose to attend. they also put local music in rotation...best examples are skavossas back in the day and corporate circus and they had a radio show that played local music for an hour...sometimes 2 if it was a special night. I myself prefer alternative and punk rock but there is no outlet for this sort of music. x102.3 did play some of it but was a weak outlet for alternative and punk rock. the best station I've found to fit my tastes is x103 out of indy...while visiting my mom in indy I put it on x103 and never once changed the station due to a song I didn't like...my point I'm not trying to pick on the bear, fort wayne radio needs more diversity and less of the same old crap or the same band played 50 times a day...i hated to see 102.3 change formats but I do applaud that the new station is adding diversity(even though I don't like the music they play)