Blues Rock Trio Needs Bass Player

Looking to pick up some new talent? Wanting to form or join a band? It all starts here.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

batcan50

Blues Rock Trio Needs Bass Player

Post by batcan50 »

I am looking for a bassist to play in a blues rock trio. The band have gigged off and on for the last 12 years. Old bassist moved out of town and doesn't want to drive to Fort Wayne to practice.

We're doing some traditional blues stuff(Muddy Waters, howlin wolf) SRV, Hendrix, Clapton. As well as some more modern stuff( Big Head Todd, John Mayer) and a little classic rock(tom petty, steve Miller)

I have some bookings coming up in Janurary and Feburary and need a man or woman. Vocals would be a plus but not nessary.
Bodiggity

Post by Bodiggity »

Hey man, I play the ol' blues bass. I've opened for James Solberg, former guitarist for Luther Alison, and Lonnie Brooks the legend himself. I was wondering how many times you plan on practicing a week, and how many gigs you have lined up in Jan, Feb?
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

I have 1 gig each month right now. one at beamers and one at Deer Park. I'm pretty sure I could pick up one more gig each month at the Gin Mill. Do you have any vocal ability?
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

I am thinking about adding a female vocalist to this trio. Nothing is defent right now, except the drummer.
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

What is the name of this group? I'd like to come hear you....
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

Right now it's the Big Daddy Love Band. I'm looking to add a a female friend on some vocals. Don't know if the name will change then or not.
bassthoven

Post by bassthoven »

sounds interesting, i might fit the bill. just wondering where you guys were located out of?
and *POOF* .....i'm gone
dofus hipster
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by dofus hipster »

Hey Andy. Know any Drummers looking for a gig?
No Man Can Eat 50 eggs!
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

We are in Fort Wayne and will be playing in this area. Mostly dives, we like being dive kings!
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

Luke, the only drummer I know that isn;t working right now is Jeff Skiver. He used to play for Plow and last I talked to him he was taking a break from music. He said to check with him in the winter time.
CheapJimmy
Troll
Troll

Post by CheapJimmy »

Just wandering if you have found a bass player or not.
batcan50

Post by batcan50 »

Well, for the 2 gigs that I have on the books, my brother said he would do them. But, he can't fill the position full time because of work. The other problem I run into is rehersal space. The drummer I wanted stopped returning my phone calls.