NFL Draft

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

NFL Draft

Post by bassjones »

How'd your team make out? How many got drafted from your college team?
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Indy did alright on the surface. Chances are, it's a really solid draft considering Polian is one of (if not the best) the best when it comes to drafting.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

The_Dude wrote:Indy did alright on the surface. Chances are, it's a really solid draft considering Polian is one of (if not the best) the best when it comes to drafting.
Pollack was an interesting choice, and then moving him from center to guard...hmm somewhat small for a O lineman.

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I'm optimistic with the Dolphins picks...its still gonna be a rebuilding year, but maybe it will be a solid foundation to build on. I haven't felt the team has had a solid foundation in many years.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

WBOB wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Indy did alright on the surface. Chances are, it's a really solid draft considering Polian is one of (if not the best) the best when it comes to drafting.
Pollack was an interesting choice, and then moving him from center to guard...hmm somewhat small for a O lineman.
"somewhat small" can be said for about 75% of the Colts' roster.

It's basically just a wait/see thing. You really never know (most of the time) how well a player will do once they transition from college to the pros.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

The_Dude wrote:
WBOB wrote:
"somewhat small" can be said for about 75% of the Colts' roster.

It's basically just a wait/see thing. You really never know (most of the time) how well a player will do once they transition from college to the pros.
True!....It's amazing they keep the D off Peyton,...most of the time.

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

in a power running scheme you want the behemoth offensive lineman. in the Colts more high powered passing game the smaller, quicker offensive lineman are preferred. I think you Colts fans are going to be pleased with Mike Hart. Huge heart, tough as nails sort of player. He was overlooked coming out of high school too and turned into one of the 3 best running backs Michigan's ever had. Falling that far in the draft is going to motivate him to prove everybody wrong and I bet he becomes a very good pro.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

My Lions did pretty well. They filled some needs. No huge names, but good picks for their needs. Michigan did really well, although I was surprised to see Manningham and Arrington fall so far, especially Manningham. I guess he had some off-field issues this spring or something...

Anybody know if Selwyn Lymon or Justin Wynn signed with anybody yet? I know Justin was working out in Miami and Parcells more or less promised him a free agent contract after the draft. That kid is solid. He struggled pretty hard in school which is why he couldn't jump from Juco to a D-I school. 6'2" and has a 48" vertical. He stands a better chance than Lymon I think.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

I like the fact that the Colts got that running back out of Michigan. I think he will end up being a backup for Addai if Kenton Keith keeps gettin in trouble.
"You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind"
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I think he'll replace Keith period. He's not a guy who's going to amaze people at a combine, but he didn't rack up all those yards for no reason - Jake Long certainly helped :) - but he can play.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com