Colts Exposed...

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Haggard
Regular
Regular

Colts Exposed...

Post by Haggard »

...as frauds.

One lucky trip to the super bowl during a down year in the NFL isn't reason to name a team worthy of greatness or a quarterback for that matter. Some terrible quarterbacks fluke their way to a ring, for ex. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.(he was quarterback for TB right?)
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Let me know when you pull your nose out of Tom Brady's backside.

Owning a keyboard doesn't mean that you can type a coherent thought either.

Do you just type stuff to see what kind of crapstorm it can create?
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

*yawn*

Yeah, Manning is just terrible. Everybody's (meaning all the analysts, all of the players, all of the fans, all of the coaches, etc. who say he's one of the best of all-time) wrong and you're right. One thing's for sure...he's no Alex Smith.

We worship you. Please show us the way, Almighty One.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Colts got beat. period. Manning's still a great QB. Dungy's still a good (but not quite great) coach. Colts are still a really good team. If anything this shows how truly remarkable the Patriots, 49ers, and Steelers were to establish dynasties. It's very special and very rare.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Harrison fumbling the ball was the pivotal point in the game.. different result on that specific play *WOULD* have
resulted in a different outcome. (2) deflections of a couple of other receivers resulting in interceptions didn't help either.

Any team that has the amount of victories in the last 5 years ranks way up there.....IMO!

Less is always more
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Would that mean Marino lucked OUT of a riing?
Qeloton

Post by Qeloton »

I loved that it was Billy Volek that beat them.

I think he is about a 65 on madden.
"Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg RIP
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

I love it how people mention the Harrison fumble as being a key to the game, but they forget to mention that SanDiego was also driving the ball deep into Colt's territory the series prior to the fumble & they also turned the ball over on an interception.....sounds like a "wash" to me.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, by losing Freeney & with Mathis being slowed down with 2 knee injurys, the Colt's basically lost their entire pass rush & for whatever reason, Mr. Dungy just refuses to make personnel adjustments.....I guess you could call Dungy a "system coach"......For God sakes, would ya blitz somebody!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!

Dungy, to me, has shown in playoff losses to Pittsburgh & San Diego that he just isn't very good with "game-time" adjustments.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

colts fans cry like nancy boys.

and i thought haggard was a niners fan?

i didnt see him say anything about brady ollie.
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

conley wrote:I love it how people mention the Harrison fumble as being a key to the game, but they forget to mention that SanDiego was also driving the ball deep into Colt's territory the series prior to the fumble & they also turned the ball over on an interception.....sounds like a "wash" to me.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, by losing Freeney & with Mathis being slowed down with 2 knee injurys, the Colt's basically lost their entire pass rush & for whatever reason, Mr. Dungy just refuses to make personnel adjustments.....I guess you could call Dungy a "system coach"......For God sakes, would ya blitz somebody!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!

Dungy, to me, has shown in playoff losses to Pittsburgh & San Diego that he just isn't very good with "game-time" adjustments.
With Freeney and Mathis out, the Colts still had the #3 Defense in the NFL. I think he made some damn good adjustments given the situation over the course of the season.

As for the game...you're right, the pass rush was non-existent. It killed us.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

And I still think abandoning the running game from the start played more of a roll in the loss than anything else. I think Addai had 13 rushes? That's unacceptable.

BUT...hindsight is 20/20. Bring on baseball season!
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

The_Dude wrote:And I still think abandoning the running game from the start played more of a roll in the loss than anything else. I think Addai had 13 rushes? That's unacceptable.

BUT...hindsight is 20/20. Bring on baseball season!
I think that is the problem with Manning having all that input on the play calling. Manning is great, but there are some games, with a ton of pressure, that giving him his 3 plays and calling one at the LOS, hurts the colts.

If Manning isn't thinking about balance and takes some chances, its really easy to get away from the ground game...
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

I think the colts had a good season. They won their division (which I believe to be the one of the toughest in the NFL) and half the time it seemed they were trying to find enough players to sub for first string injuries. Had they been healthy, I think they'd still be here. Yeah, I don't agree with some of the play decisions but I can armchair another day. Under the circumstances they were in, I think they did a damn good job.
chantel rebecca
Troll
Troll

Post by chantel rebecca »

Under the circumstances they were in, I think they did a damn good job.
yup... with all the injuries, i think it was a very good season.
although i'm very sad we didn't get a second shot at beating pretty boy and that patriots ass's!!!! :evil: