Where did you come up with your screen name?

Use this forum to start a thread about yourself. Please take the time to read to rules and regs before posting.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

Post by G Fresh »

A lot of people think that I took G Fresh from the name of the sushi chef in "Orgazmo", but this is not the case. I hadn't even seen the movie until recently.

It actually came from the touch screen video game box, AKA, the crack machine, at the downtown Munchie's. Me and a friend of mine who used to work there used to go back and forth trying to get the high score on this game called Crystal Balls. If you made it into the top 4 or 5 you got to put your name in it. The machine only allowed for 7 characters and I didn't want to put something lame like MGates into it so my friend suggested G Fresh, G for Gates and Fresh because it sounds kind of hip-hop which is funny because I'm not into hip-hop at all and he, and everyone else who knows me, knew/knows that.

Since then, I use it for pretty much everything.

www.xanga.com/Matty_G_Fresh
http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
memorymaking
I Been Around
I Been Around

Memorymaking

Post by memorymaking »

Well, I had been an avid photographer when I had the money, then I got divorced and decided it would be rather fitting, considering my angst and my need to make some awesome new memories.

~Jen
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

BigMeow

My name is actually a kat face: >^-..-^<

It may seem obvious, but people still make remarks about
'whatever the heck your unpronouncable name is'

My nickname and email name is BigMeow, because like an old tomcat, I'm not overly sociable, and I'm loyal to whoever feeds me.
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
randomhero
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by randomhero »

It's a comic book character that I am developing... if it were a cartoon it would be a 15 minute short played after ATHF (cause I love ATHF).

Anyway, his name would be Random Hero and he would be your average everyday Joe... and he would mistake average day to day happenings for people being in trouble and when he went to rescue them he would put them into even more danger than they were.
If we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special?

"I'm a random person that thinks you're moderately decent so put a quote of it in your signature to be a turd."
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

randomhero wrote:It's a comic book character that I am developing... if it were a cartoon it would be a 15 minute short played after ATHF (cause I love ATHF).

Anyway, his name would be Random Hero and he would be your average everyday Joe... and he would mistake average day to day happenings for people being in trouble and when he went to rescue them he would put them into even more danger than they were.
It's also Ryan Dunn's (of Bam and Jackass fame) nickname.
randomhero
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by randomhero »

Massage...Bored wrote:
randomhero wrote:It's a comic book character that I am developing... if it were a cartoon it would be a 15 minute short played after ATHF (cause I love ATHF).

It's also Ryan Dunn's (of Bam and Jackass fame) nickname.
oh yeah.. that too.
If we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special?

"I'm a random person that thinks you're moderately decent so put a quote of it in your signature to be a turd."
Mama Dragon
Regular
Regular

Post by Mama Dragon »

My screen name... well, it's one I've used for years and is fairly simple to understand. I have a daughter and I was born in year of the dragon. The end.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/supinemusic]SUPINE[/url]

[img]http://img100.exs.cx/img100/8403/pillagefirst.jpg[/img]
Shaggydoo
Regular
Regular

screen name

Post by Shaggydoo »

years ago while working in south korea i started a production company called shaggydoo productions to push some of the local bands. i lived on the college side of the city (> 1 mill ppl) and noticed that they had a pretty lame grapevine for getting out the news on local shows and happenings. so up popped shaggydoo, which is based on two of the most fun loving characters in cartoon history.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I've been using mine for quite some time, actually, in some form or another.

My first name is Dan and last is Koepke...I needed a screen name many years ago, so went to use my initials, D K, which could be written deekay...well, that was already taken on the service I was looking at, so I played around and came up with deeko (the ko would be the first two initials of my last name...). That locked and sounded pretty cool (to a mid-20s guy at the time) so I tried it, but it was taken, so with the internet and "cyber" stuff being in the media, I landed on "cyberdeeko"...

Yeah, I agree, that sounded pretty gay...but that is what I went with. A couple years back, a friend saw something on my computer screen with cyberdeeko on it and laughed, then started calling me "deek" in real life...and that nickname has stuck for the past few years...

So, wherever deek is available, I try and scoop it up!
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
ladypictureshow

Post by ladypictureshow »

i have a crush on a boy named scott.. and he had a band and they sang a song called lady picture show...
"It's like, How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
SHAWN
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.

Post by SHAWN »

Got my screen name off of my birth certificate. Actually, it was my second birth certificate. The first one said "Baby Boy Doe".

Worked out well for me since everyone calls me Shawn.
LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. . .
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

SHAWN wrote:Got my screen name off of my birth certificate. Actually, it was my second birth certificate. The first one said "Baby Boy Doe".

Worked out well for me since everyone calls me Shawn.
You mean the third one right? Cause I always thought your REAL name was Eddie Van Migraine????
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

my last name is jackson this kid in school always called me flapjackson

and i shortened it
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

I've always been interested in Japanese culture, and recently began studying Zen. Since my name is Dan and I am an adult male, the name seemed OK to use.
lbanks
Regular
Regular

Post by lbanks »

Given to me, when GTE was my ISP,
no reason to change it, that I could see
What!