draft

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Which Candidate Will Reinstate the Draft

Bush
25%
Kerry
No votes
niether
75%

Total votes: 8

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

draft

Post by bassjones »

So, by now I'm sure you've all heard that Bush is going to reinstate the draft, right? There have been letters written to local papers, editorial opinion pieces written, Sociology (Marxist Propoganda) professors giving speeches at the beginning of the fall semester, Rock the Vote ads on MTV, etc... all trying to make you believe that Bush will reinstate the draft if elected. Little problem, it's not true...

The letters are form letters, signed by local people to give it a personal touch. The opinion pieces are form letters, supposedly authored by local "scholars", such as the Sociology professor from IPFW's opinion piece in the Urinal Gazette Saturday, again to give a local flair, rather than being honest about it being a Democratic scare tactic, and a hack piece of garbage journalism.

Did you know...

The House bill was authored by dadada - Charlie Rangle (sp), a liberal Democrat who said he wanted to correct the disproportionality of blacks and latinos in the military (also, not true) by making sure white kids got drafted to serve.

The Senate bill was authored by dadada - Tom Harkin, another liberal Democrat.

All the signatures supporting the bill are liberal Democrats. The fact is neither candidate is going to reinstate the draft. Least of all Bush. He's smart enough to know that what really cost us public opinion and ultimately the War itself in Vietnam was the draft, which I suspect is the real driving force behind these bills. Get the draft reinstated and people will turn against Bush and Democrats will regain the power they lost because of their hero Clinton.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

There was supposed to be another poll option - Neither - which would be my vote.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

a liberal Democrat who said he wanted to correct the disproportionality of blacks and latinos in the military (also, not true)
WRONG! White's are the minority in the military. In fact, West Point wants students of color in order to better balance the enlisted / officer racial balance.

Right now the Army's in it's dieing gasps of the "good ol boy" club of officers (stuffy, white, old, men)

-------

On the draft though, I'm more curious as to who would go (if drafted) who wouldn't, and their reasons.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

WRONG! White's are the minority in the military. In fact, West Point wants students of color in order to better balance the enlisted / officer racial balance.

Right now the Army's in it's dieing gasps of the "good ol boy" club of officers (stuffy, white, old, men)
Whites are not the minority in the military. That's simply not true. Yes, it is true that West Point (as are all the academies) is heavily recruiting minorities. It is also true that the ratio of white officers to white soldiers is much better than black officers to black soldiers (enlisted), however this is primarily due to the lack of black officers. The reasons for that are many, mostly education. It is very hard to get into the military academies. Standards are very high, and unfortunately, mainly due to socio-economic reasons, many young African-Americans are not able to reach those standards. Because of attending substandard schools, they do not gain the knowledge and understanding required to score high enough on the standardized tests to gain entry into the academies. Also, there is a difference of status attached to military achievement in the black community. It's not regarded as high as it is in the white community, mainly due to the oppression of blacks for far too great a period of our nation's history.
But it is not true that whites are the minority of soldiers.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

DRAFT ME PLEASE. BIG JOHN on TAP. get drunk with Big John Draft.
Qeloton

Post by Qeloton »

Call me a deserter....but id have a good time in Canada during the draft.(not trying to offend anyone who served or has relatives who have)
"Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg RIP
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

let Clinton serve another 2 terms!!!!!! he was the man fo sho! can you say *blingbling*?
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]
JEDIGLIDE
Regular
Regular

Post by JEDIGLIDE »

I'm glad I served my 5yrs of active duty service with the Army and I've been out for 3yrs inactive. 8 yrs total service. Therefore, they're unable to touch me, even with the draft! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Personally, I don't think either canidate will reinstate the draft. But if anybody would do it, I'd have to choose Bush to do so.

Give,
General Glidius Maximus
Glide Productions
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

i can't be drafted.... two steel rods in my back with about 20 steel hooks.

Ando (aka Man of Steel)
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
The Hand of Poo
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by The Hand of Poo »

I hope they draft me. I've been needing a gun for some time now.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

i can't be drafted.... two steel rods in my back with about 20 steel hooks.
I always had suspicions you were a cyborg...back to the thread though.

-----

If drafted, I'd go. I mean, if I want to enjoy the freedoms of America, then if called upon, I should go. However, if the draft was re-instated, I'd be forced to quit my job, and go protest my ass off. I think that would be a turning point for me, knowing I could be taken away at any moment to fight.
simon

Post by simon »

Call me a deserter....but id have a good time in Canada during the draft.(not trying to offend anyone who served or has relatives who have)

Ditto for me man,
It is a human right, not American right to choose your own battles. If given 2 options fight or leave the country I would find a home elsewhere. But I will always respect the people who fought for what they believed in.
THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH, A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE.
::Lucidity::

Post by ::Lucidity:: »

I wonder... with the way things are going...

If the draft were re-instated...

Would women get drafted too?

If so I think id leave the country.. seriously... I dont wanna seem like a deserter...but the way I see it is:
A lot of "illegal aliens" live in this country. I have no problem with that. It is the melting pot however. Our ancestors were all practically illegal aliens at some point (Least mine were, except for my Cherokee roots). The different ethnities, I think, are part of what makes America beautiful...the diversity. BUT.. If the draft came about, those who are considered illegal now, wouldnt be drafted though..because they arent citizens. & that wouldn't be fair...cuz they would still be here... home free.. no draft for them. In their homes..with their families.. working their jobs.. enjoying life's pleasures. While I, a citizen, am off someplace in a fox hole, eating rations, and workin my tail off for something I don't agree with and goes against my own morals & values. Cuz its Mandatory & an obligation!
Forget that... it aint even right...
I think id become an illegal alien elsewhere if it kept me from dying.
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

Saturday, May 1, 2004

Selective Service eyes women's draft
The proposal would also require registration of critical skills

By ERIC ROSENBERG
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON -- The chief of the Selective Service System has proposed registering women for the military draft and requiring that young Americans regularly inform the government about whether they have training in niche specialties needed in the armed services.

The proposal, which the agency's acting Director Lewis Brodsky presented to senior Pentagon officials just before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, also seeks to extend the age of draft registration to 34 years old, up from 25.

The Selective Service System plan, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, highlights the extent to which agency officials have planned for an expanded military draft in case the administration and Congress would authorize one in the future.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ ... aft01.html
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod
::Lucidity::

Post by ::Lucidity:: »

requiring that young Americans regularly inform the government about whether they have training in niche specialties needed in the armed services
Regularly?? They really wantin to keep tabs on us huh? Some BIG BROTHER shite right there.. So if a human being has a skill they need they can jsut snatch you up outta your life and put you to good use!!!

Clockin our every move.
Before you know it they gonna have cameras posted up all over the d@mn place...Seein EEEEVERYTHING.
Thats messed.
Pentagon officials just before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, also seeks to extend the age of draft registration to 34 years old, up from 25.

Man, what about people's families??? How many kids gotta lose their dad's? All for some BULLSH*T.
This ish ticks me off.. forreal. What other countries are doing aint none of the government's d@mn business... long as it dont effect or hurt America.. I know bad things happen to good people.. and ish like the Holocaust..was a good reason to step in...
But man.. America don't rule the world...
Just a lot of F@ggot @ss old white guys thinkin they own everything & greedy..tryin to make their pockets fatter.

& if Shite hits the fan.. where they all gonna be???
UNNNDERGRRROUUUNNDD... in a hidden fall out shelter.. stocked with the latest technology..comforts.. fine wines.. delicacies.

We are are all just an expendable resource...
to the Illuminati.. The New World Order...the Freemasons..
on their quest for world domination...

Its comin... its only a matter of time..

PRIORITIES.
Where is the Say of the people?
What about our Rights?
What about Freedom?

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/

http://www.illuminati-news.com/

http://www.masonicinfo.com/illuminati.htm

http://www.publiceye.org/tooclose/masons.html

http://www.freedomdomain.com/welcome.htm

http://www.davidicke.com/icke/temp/glob ... nance.html

Knowledge is Power
Our morals are out of place & got our lives full of sorrow/so tomorrow comin later than usual/Waitin on someone to pity us/While we findin beauty in the hideous-Talib Kweli "Theives in the Night"