hate to say I told you so, but...

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

hate to say I told you so, but...

Post by bassjones »

"...Put an end to culture of corruption..." hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I hate to say I told you so, but...

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200 ... -2734r.htm
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

Who cares? What's important is this country has mastered making us pick sides only to nit pick at the other while the problems remain. People feel better when their team wins or makes the other team look bad. Meanwhile, the game sucks. Instead of focusing on ills, people are too busy gleefully pointing fingers over distractions.

Face it, this article would read exactly the same if the listed parties were switched. It ends up being a bunch of back and forth for what?
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

I highly doubt you would find bassjones or I defending a law that exempted anyone specific groups from a law that would be enacted upon everyone unless there were dire circumstances. Unless they are trying to protect their operations from foreign trade....which is very short-sighted from Pelosi.

Fox picks this up today, CNN picks it up this weekend. Pelosi ignores all weekend, then sends a tersely worded release by Tuesday.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Sankofa wrote:Who cares? What's important is this country has mastered making us pick sides only to nit pick at the other while the problems remain. People feel better when their team wins or makes the other team look bad. Meanwhile, the game sucks. Instead of focusing on ills, people are too busy gleefully pointing fingers over distractions.

Face it, this article would read exactly the same if the listed parties were switched. It ends up being a bunch of back and forth for what?
Great Point. It ends up being a game of Dems vs Rep.
Conservative vs Liberal, Donkeys vs Elephants..etc.....

IMHO,.. it's basically RIGHT vs WRONG.

Please Washington,.. This kind of stuff hurts the country as a
whole, while more pressing issues need dealt with.

Why are we waisting legelative time on min.wage?
Meanwhile Congress decided to take last Monday off for
the NCAA Championship Game? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

WBOB wrote:
Sankofa wrote:Who cares? What's important is this country has mastered making us pick sides only to nit pick at the other while the problems remain. People feel better when their team wins or makes the other team look bad. Meanwhile, the game sucks. Instead of focusing on ills, people are too busy gleefully pointing fingers over distractions.

Great Point. It ends up being a game of Dems vs Rep.
Conservative vs Liberal, Donkeys vs Elephants..etc.....

IMHO,.. it's basically RIGHT vs WRONG.

Please Washington,.. This kind of stuff hurts the country as a
whole, while more pressing issues need dealt with.

Why are we waisting legelative time on min.wage?
Meanwhile Congress decided to take last Monday off for
the NCAA Championship Game? :roll: :roll: :roll:
My point is they're all a bunch of power whores and there's not a damned bit of difference between 'em. I don't care which side of the aisle they're on when they do this kind of crap. This psycho nominated an impeached Federal Judge (impeached for accepting bribes and other improper behavior) for a position that would have allowed him access to all sorts of classified information that no other congressman can see. Why? Political favors. No difference between her and Mark Foley IMHO. No difference between 95% of them and Mark Foley for that matter.

WBOB, you sound kind of like a liberal. They have no pressing issues to deal with other than getting the hell out of the way of the American people. Everything they do just mucks up the works. A minimum wage is nothing more than another tax on small business owners and it does nothing to help anyone. I've done this before but Econ 101...

Raise the minimum wage to $25 an hour for all I care. The employer will just charge more for their service or product to cover the cost. And everyone else will gradually have to increase wages so they are substantially higher than the minimum wage, so as to attract new employees. This drives the cost of goods and services higher still, which leaves our minimum wage worker in the same position he was 2 years ago - SCREWED!

"If you live in America, have 2 kids, are over 25 years old, and the best job you can find only pays minimum wage, that's nobody's damn fault but your own."
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

WBOB, you sound kind of like a liberal. They have no pressing issues to deal with other than getting the hell out of the way of the American people. Everything they do just mucks up the works. A minimum wage is nothing more than another tax on small business owners and it does nothing to help anyone. I've done this before but Econ 101...
Liberal? :shock:
aaah no. Independent thinking conservative, yes!
I'm more into making sure they provide proper decision
making on the use of taxpayer funds.

As far as min.wage = market forces rule, government get the
hell out of the way(just as you state). :?

Less is always more
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

bassjones wrote:they're all a bunch of power whores and there's not a damned bit of difference between 'em.
Precisely, so why add fuel to the eternal flame of tabloid politic? Then again, I'm running on the assumption people know what you just typed.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Sankofa wrote:
bassjones wrote:they're all a bunch of power whores and there's not a damned bit of difference between 'em.
Precisely, so why add fuel to the eternal flame of tabloid politic? Then again, I'm running on the assumption people know what you just typed.
:lol: Never Ass/u/me anything
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Why debate it, you ask?

It's just more poliitical posturing - little better than the tax rebate the GOP gave the middle class last year while the national debt goes up a million every 7-8 seconds.

Raising minimum wage INCREASES unemployment among the very people you are pretending to help, as jobs are priced out of the market, or drives them into the underground economy.

Step away from the government cow, and let the free market determine wages.
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
lbanks
Regular
Regular

Post by lbanks »

Sankofa wrote: It ends up being a bunch of back and forth for what?
Yep, that's how we'll end; with our hands around each other's throat.
What!
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote: My point is they're all a bunch of power whores and there's not a damned bit of difference between 'em.
I can't disagree with that! :)
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

I think Sankofa had a good point. The political posturing is getting in the way of the government being an organization ran by the people for the people.

That being said, I don't like the idea of minimum wage going up. Minimum wage jobs SHOULD be what highschool students do after school and during the summer. I was glad to work at a carwash for 5.15 an hour when I was 16.

However, raising the minimum wage now means that 15 year old kids at McDonald's are going to be earning 7.15 an hour for it. That's bullsh*t. As was stated, it will reduce hiring and drive market prices up.

(note: I don't do business at McDonalds anyway.)

It will also give more reason for greedy employers to hire undocumented workers and pay them below minimum wage.

I see this as being a move with negative, not positive, effects on the nation's economy.