More anti-smoking nazi nonsense

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

[[/quote]Coming to the defense of 'hillbillies' cracks me up...[/quote]

Great, I'm glad you find it funny. I could go on here with a string of ethnic slurs, in an attempt to prove a point, but I don't think you would get it. So whatever...
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I wish every bar/restaurant/public place in Indiana would go smoke free, and I wish all parents would either not smoke or at least not smoke in the house or car when their kids are there, but I would like the individual business owners and parents to make that decision, not some overzealous group of government officials.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

stevel wrote:I'm all for kicking people in the groin... but I digress.

Went to the City Council meeting Tuesday, where people got to spout off about a possible smoking ban.

Most amusing moments:

Constant hacking from the smokers
Non-comunicative anti-smoking speeches

Best of all: People from BOTH sides compared their ideals, goals, whatever, to the 911 terrorist attacks. Democracy in action, but it beats the alternative. God bless America.
So you were one of the 78 people that showed up? I thought about going, but instead I went to the bar, got drunk and smoked a pack of cigarettes. Mainly because the people you have convince to not pass this law, have already made up their minds. The people who are pushing of this ordinance go to bars once every 6 months and get pissed because they smell like smoke when they get home. IT IS A BAR!!!!! If you don't like what goes on in bars stay the f**k out, don't ruin my good time so you can go out once in a blue moon and not smell like smoke.

I don't go to gay bars, because I am not gay. I don't go to country bars, because i don't care for country. I don't go to biker bars, because I don't own a bike. I don't go to strip clubs, because my wife wont let me. You don't see me trying to ban these types of places because I don't like them, or enjoy what goes on in them. I just don't go.

What I can't understand is if there is such a demand for non-smoking bars, why hasn't anyone opened one up yet? Try it out, promote it as a non-smoking bar and see what happens, I will guarantee it sucks and no one goes.

Lets pass some laws that actually solve some real problems, and not laws for some pussies that can't take a little smoke. STAY THE f**k HOME!!!
Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

The people who are pushing of this ordinance go to bars once every 6 months and get pissed because they smell like smoke when they get home. IT IS A BAR!!!!! If you don't like what goes on in bars stay the f#ck out, don't ruin my good time so you can go out once in a blue moon and not smell like smoke.
I'm a working musician and if I want to make more than the average $10 coffee shop gig, I've got to play bars. The way I see it, there are a lot of us who have had to "shut the f#@k up and deal with it" if we wanted to play a gig or go out for drinks, for a long time now. It's not just about your (smokers) good time anymore. You are slowly but surely becoming a minority and eventually we (non-smokers) won't have to breath your crap every time we want to go out.
Lets pass some laws that actually solve some real problems, and not laws for some pussies that can't take a little smoke. STAY THE f#ck HOME!!!
Its not that us "pussies" can't take a little smoke. Its more like us "pussies" don't give a damn about smokers delicate emotions and dependancies. Now that the damage that tobacco has inflicted on us as a society is common knowledge (just look at healthcare and insurance costs these days), we have a little weight to throw around.

Quote coding fixed by mod. - Fleek
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Hutnick wrote:Hillbillies? Wow you guys are talkin' some hateful chit here. What about African Americans, or Latin Americans etc...

Lets see just how many ethnic groups we can bash while we pretend to be holier than thou.

With lineage from south, I find the slur "hillbilly" pretty offensive. It seems to be the one ethnic group in this intolerant country that it is open season to discriminate against. Just because you're from the south doesn't make you uneducated, racist, or uncivilized.
This cracks me the f**k up...why?

Here's why...

From the "PET PEEVES" thread:
Hutnick wrote:1. Old women that balance their checkbook, thus holding up the rest of us, in line at the grocery store.

2. Hillbillies with big trucks.

3. Sex starved freaks, sitting around Meijer, waiting on the new PS3.
If you want to research it...

http://fortwaynemusic.com/boards/viewto ... ht=#159953

Here...you can have your seat back at the "holier than thou" table.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Anyone feel like cruisin Riverhaven tonight! :wink:

Less is always more
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

The_Dude wrote: This cracks me the f#ck up...why?

Here's why...

Hutnick wrote:1. Old women that balance their checkbook, thus holding up the rest of us, in line at the grocery store.

bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Hutnick wrote:I'm a working musician and if I want to make more than the average $10 coffee shop gig, I've got to play bars.
The wonderful thing about this country, if you don't like what you do for a living, you can change. I didn't like living in a crappy house with whiny roommates and not having any money. So I changed my life.

Now, in order to make your life easier, you are asking businesses (and in the end people) to make changes to their lives so your life can be easier.
Hutnick wrote:The way I see it, there are a lot of us who have had to "shut the f#@k up and deal with it" if we wanted to play a gig or go out for drinks, for a long time now.

There are numerous establishments that will eventually go non-smoking. It's a natural process. I purposely choose places that are non-smoking (or at least have a brain when it does come to smoking area location. But there are times I go out with my friends who smoke and I "deal" with it since they are my friends.

An evening of exposure to second hand smoke is not going to give you cancer, unless you are genetically predispositioned for it.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

WBOB wrote:Anyone feel like cruisin Riverhaven tonight! :wink:
1) Did you fart? cuz you blew me away.

2) Are yer parents retarded? cuz ya sure are special.

3) My Love fer you is like diarrhea . I can't hold it in.

4) Do you have a library card? cuz I'd like to sign you out.

5) Is there a mirror in yer pants? cuz I can see myself in em.

6) If you was a tree I were a Squirrel, I'd store my nuts in yer hole.

7) You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a light
switch away.

8.) Man - "Fat Penguin!"

Woman - "WHAT?"
Man - "I just wanted to say something that would break the ice."

9) I know I'm not no Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make yer bed-rock.

10) I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him? I think he went inta
this cheap motel room.

11) Yer eyes are as blue as window cleaner.

12) If yer gunna regret this in the mornin, we kin sleep til afternoon.

13) Yer face reminds me of a wrench, every time I think of it my nuts
tighten up.
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

Oh, thank you for that.
Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

The_Dude wrote:
Hutnick wrote:Hillbillies? Wow you guys are talkin' some hateful chit here. What about African Americans, or Latin Americans etc...

Lets see just how many ethnic groups we can bash while we pretend to be holier than thou.

With lineage from south, I find the slur "hillbilly" pretty offensive. It seems to be the one ethnic group in this intolerant country that it is open season to discriminate against. Just because you're from the south doesn't make you uneducated, racist, or uncivilized.
This cracks me the f#ck up...why?

Here's why...

If you want to research it...

http://fortwaynemusic.com/boards/viewto ... ht=#159953

Here...you can have your seat back at the "holier than thou" table.
You got me. I give. Uncle, uncle etc...
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Hutnick I *never* thought you were a sex-starved freak.

:wink:
Hutnick
Regular
Regular

Post by Hutnick »

maybe just a bit... :oops:
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Hutnick wrote:maybe just a bit... :oops:
Welcome to the club.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Hutnick wrote:maybe just a bit... :oops:
Sorry...just had to bust your balls. I'll buy you a beer if I ever see you out anywhere.