Lies, Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Lies, Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them

Post by bassjones »

"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

Hillary would be far better off is she stopped talking...yep...anytime now Hillary. :) Hey, we agree on something!

The dems are going to tear each other apart (and themselves apart) so much before the actual election that neither one of them will have much chance. Now if I could just convince myself that this war on terror is a good thing I may be able to vote for McCain!
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Morphine Child wrote:Hillary would be far better off is she stopped talking...yep...anytime now Hillary. :) Hey, we agree on something!

The dems are going to tear each other apart (and themselves apart) so much before the actual election that neither one of them will have much chance. Now if I could just convince myself that this war on terror is a good thing I may be able to vote for McCain!
Interesting! This isn't helping me for who to pull the lever for on Tuesday.

Honestly have no passion for any of the top three....probably will go the "who will take us to hell" at the slowest pace possible route.

The more I think about the war on terror,...the more I think that it's possibly a diversion.

Less is always more
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

A passing diversion...now it's GO GREEN! Another annoyance. And giant marketing scheme? Seems to be making a lot of people a lot of money.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Morphine Child wrote:A passing diversion...now it's GO GREEN! Another annoyance. And giant marketing scheme? Seems to be making a lot of people a lot of money.
You're starting to sound like me... except the whole God/Creation v. Evolution thing.... :P
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

This really is Hillary's great paradox. She wants to talk about all of the experience she amassed as the first lady, and how she quielty helped run things from behind the scenes. But when anybody points out some of that administration's failures she talks about how she can't be held responsible for what happened when her husbnd was president. WHICH IS IT?

Her whole campaign seems paradoxical to me. She started out running against Barack based on her experience. Once she realized people wanted change she started talking about how she was the choice to change the culture in Washington. But when asked why she's better than Barack she still points to her experience and that she 'knows the system'. She spends entire campaign stops stumping against the Washington establishment, then begs us to vote for her because she is most familiar with said establishment.

She can't have it both ways.

Go Barack.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I'd like the best liar possible in the presidential position.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

that would be the one who hasn't been caught lying right? McCain... who is still a liar.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Again...

Those who speak in absolutes are usually wrong.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

Oliver's Army wrote:Again...

Those who speak in absolutes are usually wrong.
You give me an example of a person (of age to be a politician) that has never lied and I will give you an example of a person who speaks in absolutes that is never wrong...
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

All politicians never lie, ever.

Prove me wrong.

There is ALWAYS a spin on EVERYTHING.

Never "lies".

Occasionally the cup is half *full*.

Sorry guys but your continued bashing of the candidates and their "lies" only make you look like a hypocrite when you vote for someone else.

Because they ALL lie, right?

Tell me about YOUR candidates lies and lend credibility to your stand.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

"I did not have sex with that woman"

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I honestly was not bashing anyone, so if you are replying in my direction, please don't misunderstand my comments as bashing any candidate.

My comments are simple. Candidates are People. People are Human. Humans lie. No hidden agenda there.

As to the candidate, I think it is naive to think that what they say now to get elected is going to transition into how effective they will be in office. So, lies or no lies, it really doesn't matter to me and shouldn't matter to voters, because again, everyone is human and lies. Some are bigger than others, but everyone does it, so don't try to force me to pick one person or another saying they don't lie.

And again, my honest opinion is that having someone in the white house that can lie and not get caught, is a much better president. Its not like this is a monarchy. One person, even the president, is not going to single-handedly change the US. The president is a big part of that, but so is the congress...

I don't have a candidate...I am not trying to push for McCain, Obama or Clinton. I'm just tired of hearing people say this person or that person lies and that should somehow alter my decision...it doesn't and AGAIN, because everyone lies...so get over it!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

all politicians lie because all humans lie. I do, you do, he does, she does. I'm talking about major, deal-breaking lies like the ones Ms. Rodham-Clinton likes to spin. The woman is pathological.

As to Obama, I'm not buying his excuses anymore. Wright is saying the same things he's always said and which you have heard a million times, only now he's embarrasing you and might cost you the election. Buyer's remorse. 6 months ago, I thought he was an honest guy whose vision for the future of the country I strongly disagreed with. Nope. He's a liar too. Call me disillusioned, but yeah, they're all pretty much liars and power whores. Including the one I'll vote for and the one I voted for before and the one I'll vote for next time too. Until Jesus runs, I don't really trust any of them. Politicians are like diapers. Full of sh*t and in constant need of changing.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

So Jones, you live in a constant state of paranoia, distrust, anger and frustration.

Sucks to be you.