This Makes Me Sick

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

This Makes Me Sick

Post by Dagwood Lee »

Yet more blood on this administration's hands.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bush-honor ... 1209990001
Stop.Drop.Roll.
TVDinner

Post by TVDinner »

"Navy SEAL Michael Monsoor threw himself on a live grenade to save his comrades. Monsoor, 25, died about 30 minutes later. "

That is f'ing brutal.
The Hammer

Blood on whose hands?

Post by The Hammer »

The blood is on all our hands for many reasons. This war we are in started long before Bush, it just didn't become active until Bush was pushed to the wall. But we all elected many people on both sides that either by action or inaction, contributed to where we are now.

This one that died, and all those who have given their lives, have done so with great honor. This kind of honor and sacrifice is something that those who sit over here and b*tch, moan and pontificate, have no concept of. I don't see that they are worthy of the benefits of this kind of sacrifice.

Stop blaming those are trying to do the right thing and do something positive yourself.

Vote to elect someone that is sincere, honorable and may have gained some wisdom in life. Not someone who will promise anything and only end up taking. Not someone who pathologically cannot tell the truth or someone who is so arrogant that he preys on the desperation of others just for his own gain.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Is there anyone like that on the ballot???? Has there been recently? Or ever? It looks like Bob Barr is going to be the Libertarian candidate for President. I'm in 100% now.

As far as this soldier goes, "Greater love has no man than he lay down his life for his friends."
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Re: Blood on whose hands?

Post by WBOB »

The Hammer wrote: Vote to elect someone that is sincere, honorable and may have gained some wisdom in life. Not someone who will promise anything and only end up taking. Not someone who pathologically cannot tell the truth or someone who is so arrogant that he preys on the desperation of others just for his own gain.
Would you like to "fill in the blanks" on this? :?

Heres to another vote cast for the Libertarian candidate!

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

the blank would be filled with "all of the above". There's not a politician alive or dead who is not/was not more concerned with his/her own power than they ever were about the people they are/were supposed to be serving.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Really.

*EVERY* politician *EVER*?

:roll:
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

okay, slight exaggeration. almost every. then again, I don't consider Jesus a political figure, so yeah, every. They're human, right? They're in powerful positions right? Eventually, every human being who attains power begins to use that power for selfish pursuits. "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Eventually, as a person gains more pwoer, decisions are made which are intended to hold onto that power rather than serve the good of those who put that person into power. That's why I want term limits for congress and the senate, along with the office of President. Prevents people from gaining too much power. Oh, and judges too. Serve 12 years, then you go back to being a lawyer or something.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

"Greater love has no man than he lay down his life for his friends."
Greater common sense and dignity hath no leader than to not lieth to the American people and rusheth head-long into invading another country whilst ignoring clearly establishedth evidence of whereth the truer threat to national security aboundeth.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

a world rid of Saddam Hussein and his two spawn of satan sons is a far better world, regardless of any other outcome.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

a world rid of Saddam Hussein and his two spawn of satan sons is a far better world, regardless of any other outcome.
Tell that to the 4,000 US dead and the many other thousands of Iraqi civilians who have been killed or injured.

There was a beter way to overthrow or kill Saddam; we blew it. And we blew up a bunch of "stuff" and folks in the process.

Again, shameful.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

CIA assassination would have been preferable, but that was outlawed by some well-intended, but horribly misguided do-gooders in Congress a while ago.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote:CIA assassination would have been preferable
I've been saying that all along. Which Congressmen killed that idea?
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

bassjones wrote:okay, slight exaggeration. almost every. then again, I don't consider Jesus a political figure, so yeah, every. They're human, right? They're in powerful positions right? Eventually, every human being who attains power begins to use that power for selfish pursuits. "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Eventually, as a person gains more pwoer, decisions are made which are intended to hold onto that power rather than serve the good of those who put that person into power. That's why I want term limits for congress and the senate, along with the office of President. Prevents people from gaining too much power. Oh, and judges too. Serve 12 years, then you go back to being a lawyer or something.
So if we are generalizing it's safe to say that all musicians are sexual deviants and drug abusers.

Facts>misguided opinions
Last edited by Oliver's Army on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

bassjones wrote:That's why I want term limits for congress and the senate, along with the office of President. Prevents people from gaining too much power. Oh, and judges too. Serve 12 years, then you go back to being a lawyer or something.
The Congress already has term limits; they are called ELECTIONS.

Limits on judges? Hopefully, with age and experience, comes some WISDOM along with all that corrupting power.

Yeah, my lot is with the Libertarian candidate as well. When I explain Libertarianism to people, many of them identify themselves as Libertarian as well. Now, if all the Libertarians would just have the cajones to vote their conscience. . . .
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."