So how hands off is this year's election going to be?

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

So how hands off is this year's election going to be?

Post by bassjones »

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/ ... 376&page=1

I swear it's getting ridiculous. Everytime somebody mentions race - unless of course it's another African American talking about how important it is for our country that an African American has a real chance to win - that person gets called a racist. Geraldine Feraro is a woman with whom I have never agreed with once - until now. SHE'S RIGHT! If this were a white man running against Hillary Clinton on his issues with the level of fluffiness displayed thus far, she'd have the nomination locked up already. Obama's getting kid glove treatment because nobody wants to be labeled a racist for attacking him. The man is an admitted felon (Cocaine use is a felony) and is not qualified to be President. Politics has always been personal and mudslinging has always been a part of it. This Oprah approved political nonsense is making me ill. Barry - Grow a pair and quit whining like a little baby girl every time you get criticized!

I hope to God McCain doesn't fall into this trap too. Bring back animosity!
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Re: So how hands off is this year's election going to be?

Post by Sankofa »

bassjones wrote:The man is an admitted felon (Cocaine use is a felony) and is not qualified to be President.
Two points:

1-To be a felon, needn't one have been charged with and found guilty of a felony?

2-At least, unlike Bush, he had the balls to admit it.
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

Hey Jones---

"hands-off" requires a hyphen. It's a compound adjective. Otherwise you're commanding us to turn our hands off. I've tried. It hurts too much.

Love at, in, to, around, before, against you...

Garr

PS--- The only thing an individual in this country is required to do to be charged as a felon is to sport non-white skin. I jest. Seriously.
Last edited by Dagwood Lee on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

a. Committing the felony makes you a felon, especially when you admit to it.

b. Bush is an idiot, and if I could reverse my vote in the last two elections I would - I still wouldn't vote for Gore or Kerry, but I would have voted Libertarian - but the accusations of cocaine use were pretty flimsy.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Isnt drinking and driving a felony?

just asking.

Sin...stone thowers et al.
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

Oliver's Army wrote:Isnt drinking and driving a felony?

just asking.

Sin...stone thowers et al.
nah man, let's get some bronze and cast stones like basic instinct 3 is ready for filming

Jones, your posts possess about as much dimension as those from G Fresh.

I'm interested to hear about life, but this one trick politic pony thing got old the third repeat post.

Let's all have a get together where we can ruffle our jowls and shake our fists in outrage.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

forget about the cocaine thing for a minute. Senators (we have 3 of them running now) have never been good presidents, which is why we haven't elected one in decades.

Obama has offered nothing in the way of substance. "I'm for CHANGE!" "She's not for the kind of change I'm talking about..." blah.

For the record, she's no better - neither's the bullsh*t - er I mean straight talk - express.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

The OP that this election cycle is (already) going to be bloody mess is IMO accurate.

Agree with going Libertarian this time.

,..with the selection from the donkeys & the elephants all being U.S. Senators (the 1st time since the early 60's) makes the process this time around, unappealing. No real choice for me this time. Bleah!

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

This is why I don't follow politics...

Someone is gonna get elected, democrat or republican. They are either going to do a good job and get re-elected, or do a horrible job and be four and done (unless some national disaster comes up around election time)...and life will go on. I'm a lot more interested in being able to afford gas for my truck and driving to work everyday without having to play spy hunter with the pot holes...
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
QWETTY
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by QWETTY »

Ferraro is right with what she said. Her getting attacked is ridiculous and the fact that she has been forced to defend herself is even more ridiculous.

I registered to vote for the first time.

And I will be writing in (a.k.a. wasting my vote) on the best candidate.

[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Maverick_PMS/fgaebanner.gif[/img]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

deek wrote:This is why I don't follow politics...

Someone is gonna get elected, democrat or republican. They are either going to do a good job and get re-elected, or do a horrible job and be four and done (unless some national disaster comes up around election time)...and life will go on. I'm a lot more interested in being able to afford gas for my truck and driving to work everyday without having to play spy hunter with the pot holes...
high gas prices = Democrats beholden to special interest groups (environmentalists) which means we don't drill for our own oil and we don't build new refineries, which means our refineries run at 110% capacity and just can't keep up anymore. We need to drill, we need new refineries, but environmentalist groups prevent those things from taking place by pressuring Democratic congressmen (and women). Also, Republicans are beholden to the Saudis and big business and Bush won't take oil from Iraq as payment for the trillions we've spent there because it wouldn't look good. Then the Saudis and the rest of OPEC screw us by not sending us enough oil which we couldn't refine anyway... so, your gas prices go up.

Pot holes = mostly local politics/unions with some federal and state influence.

It's all politics.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Please display your specific sources for this info.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6019739/

But the solution — boosting refining capacity to allow a greater margin for error — isn’t easy. "There hasn’t been a new refinery built in the U.S. since 1976, the result of extremely tight environmental restrictions, not-in-my-back-yard community opposition, and the high cost of new construction. Used refineries currently sell for about 30 to 50 percent of the cost of building a new one, so it’s cheaper to buy an old refinery and upgrade it. Or squeeze a little more gasoline out of the refineries you already own."
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Nope.

I meant the *facts* that support your knee-jerk partisan opinions about oil and potholes.
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

I agree with the original intent of this thread. If Obama wins the nod and is criticized it is completely possible and likely someone will say you're a racist. The same as a sexist with Clinton. Even with McCain if someone raises issue with his view on the war or "torture" it is possible to hear how you can't question him because he was a POW.