Ron Paul

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

I know several Marines that have extended their contracts to go back to Iraq before they leave. It's usually that their units ship out a month after they would have left so they re-up. I have only met two military people with a negative view on the war. One is purely because she is ex army while her husband is still active so she fears for him and that is her reasoning.
Qeloton

Post by Qeloton »

WBOB wrote:
Qeloton wrote: I think Paul is the only candidate that realizes that our troops are disenchanted with the idea of freeing Iraq.
Can you give us a little more on this comment....Agree with most
of the rest of this..but don't see the, what you called "disenchantment",
in our armed forces.
That was a semi-quote of Paul's. I watched an interview were he was talking about the war and the disenchantment of our troops. I think he is saying that the troops aren't excited about a political plan to free Iraq.

As for troops volunteering for extended service I'm going to give my opinion on that. I believe that the majority of our service men and women are continually washed with ideas of some sort of granduer that is involved with pushing Americanism on other countries. I also think there is a very scary amount of troops that are volunteering because they genuinely want to kill Iraqis, I don't think this is all there fault as the marketing to convince students who need money for school, or people who want a new career path, or people are susceptible to buying into the BS that is the "Power of Pride" and "These colors do not run!" is sickening.

I may be biased on this subject because my gf is in Iraq, but it gives me a sincere emotional commitment of interest to what is happening in the war. I can tell you right now that what my gf is doing is not pushing for a better life for the Iraqi people. That is her opinion on that subject too.

I don't think that candidates take into consideration the amount of strain that a slow removal of our troops would put on families. I feel that we have over committed our troops to the war, and that the amount of emotional and psychological repercussions on the troops and their families that would result from a slow withdrawal out way the cost of the potentially shaking the foundation of the new Iraqi government.

As for Ron Paul, I think he is the only one of the candidates that acknowledges what I believe are these facts about our military.
"Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg RIP
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

We'll win the war in Iraq right after claiming victory in the war on drugs.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Sankofa wrote:We'll win the war in Iraq right after claiming victory in the war on drugs.
interesting comparison... However I do think at least one of them is winnable. I don't think our so-called leaders have the backbone to do what it would require to win though.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Qeloton

Post by Qeloton »

I'm almost to the point of saying that this war is about keeping face as far as GW is concerned.

Which is a characteristic that I hate in anyone let alone a president.

The thing that I think sold me on for Paul the most was his speech he gave to congress before he even put himself in the running for president. In the speech he gave his definition of patriotism. The definition was something along the line of patriotism is the ability to question leaders when you are not being given your constitutional rights.

I think he's got a lot of fight in him for being so against foreign policing.
"Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg RIP