This looks interesting to me.

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

This looks interesting to me.

Post by bassjones »

Ben Stein to battle Darwin in major film
Actor-commentator stars in 'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed'

2007 WorldNetDaily.com

<IMAGE HERE>

Ben Stein, the lovable, monotone teacher from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "The Wonder Years" is back in the classroom in a major motion picture release slated for February 2008. But this time, the actor will be on the big screen asking one of life's biggest questions: "Were we designed, or are we simply the end result of an ancient mud puddle struck by lightning?"

That's right. Evolution – and the explosive debate over its virtual monopoly on America's public school classrooms – is the focus of the film "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed."

In the movie, Stein, who is also a lawyer, economist, former presidential speechwriter, author and social commentator, is stunned by what he discovers – an elitist scientific establishment that has traded in its skepticism for dogma. Even worse, say publicists for the feature film, "along the way, Stein uncovers a long line of biologists, astronomers, chemists and philosophers who have had their reputations destroyed and their careers ruined by a scientific establishment that allows absolutely no dissent from Charles Darwin's theory of random mutation and natural selection."

"Big Science in this area of biology has lost its way," says Stein. "Scientists are supposed to be allowed to follow the evidence wherever it may lead, no matter what the implications are. Freedom of inquiry has been greatly compromised, and this is not only anti-American, it's anti-science. It's anti-the whole concept of learning."

As "Expelled's" official website asks: "What freedom-loving student wouldn't be outraged to discover that his high school science teacher is teaching a theory as indisputable fact, and that university professors unmercifully crush any fellow scientists who dare question the prevailing system of belief? This isn't the latest Hollywood comedy; it's a disturbing new documentary that will shock anyone who thinks all scientists are free to follow the evidence wherever it may lead."

"Expelled" documents how teachers and scientists alike are being ridiculed daily, denied tenure and even fired believing there is evidence of "design" in nature and challenging the current orthodoxy that life is entirely a result of random chance.

For example, Stein meets Richard Sternberg, a double Ph.D. biologist who allowed a peer-reviewed research paper describing the evidence for intelligence in the universe to be published in the scientific journal Proceedings. Shortly after publication, officials from the National Center for Science Education and the Smithsonian Institution, where Sternberg was a research fellow, began a coordinated smear-and-intimidation campaign to get the promising young scientist fired. The attack on scientific freedom was so egregious that it prompted a congressional investigation.

In the film, Stein meets other scientists like astrobiologist Guillermo Gonzalez, who was denied tenure at Iowa State University in spite of an extraordinary record of achievement. Gonzalez made the mistake of documenting the design he has observed in the universe. And there are others, like Caroline Crocker, a brilliant biology teacher at George Mason University who was forced out of the university for briefly discussing problems with Darwinian theory and for telling the students that some scientists believe there is evidence of design in the universe.

Unlike other popular documentary films, "Expelled" isn't one-sided – it confronts scientists like Oxford evolutionist Richard Dawkins, author of "The God Delusion," influential biologist and atheist blogger P.Z. Myers, and Eugenie Scott, head of the National Center for Science Education. In fact, the creators of "Expelled" spent two years traveling the world and interviewing scores of scientists, doctors, philosophers and public leaders for the film.

According to the New York Times, Dawkins, Scott and other evolutionists are now claiming the film's producers deceived them into going on camera by hiding the "Intelligent Design" orientation of the film.

But Stein denies misleading anyone. "I don't remember a single person asking me what the movie was about," he told the Times.

In the end, say the film's publicists, the production delivers to viewers "a startling revelation that freedom of thought and freedom of inquiry have been expelled from publicly funded high schools, universities and research institutions."

"The incredible thing about 'Expelled' is that we don't resort to manipulating our interviews for the purpose of achieving the 'shock effect,' something that has become common in documentary film these days," said Walt Ruloff, co-founder of Premise Media and the film's co-executive producer. "People will be stunned to actually find out what elitist scientists proclaim, which is that a large majority of Americans are simpletons who believe in a fairy tale. Premise Media took on this difficult mission because we believe the greatest asset of humanity is our freedom to explore and discover truth."
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

While I see him having a few points - as far as some of the scientific community overacting and being too harsh - I don't think he has much going for him. However, if you look at the state of things in the scientific and academic community throughout Europe, they don't have these problems. ID is a joke, and not even considered. You're laughed at most of the time. The roots and memes of religion have dug so deep in the US that not all scientists and people within education have been able to let go of a concept of a creator.

In every community there are going to be a few bad eggs. Those who take it too far. It doesn't take much to be deemed a heretic or booted from most religious organizations and churches. Unless, of course, it's the catholic church in which case you can have sex with as many little boys as you please and be transferred around and around and around. Bastards.

And as far as putting elements of design in the classroom, I say go for it. Give the kids a forking choice. But if they're presented with the reality of things, the choice is an obvious one. Let's look:

Evolution: understanding of DNA, observations of evolution, fossils fossils fossils, etc, etc, ect....

ID: We choose to ignore everything science says...therefore, we don't know. Therefore a designer.

Simplified? Not really. Evolution is complex. It's going to take awhile to explain and understand because it has been going on for billions of years. So sure, give them the concept of evolution and then say, "well, or there is god. For which there is no proof."

But G-d #$%# it, if ID is allowed in schools I want to see the Greek's version of how things came to be. I want to see the Flying Spaghetti Monster (pastafarians) version of how things came to be. I want to see every Eastern version of how things came to be. I want to see it all. Because ID is nothing more than a fancy word for, "creationism", and that's the farce of all farces in the history of the damn world. And all the aforementioned historical creations of the world are just as accurate as Christian creation, which is what ID is based upon. And nobody can give me that crap of, "hey, they're two different things." No. ID is an American concept, and America is saturated in Christianity. It's a cover-up, and nothing more than a fancier way of saying things. Their way of staying in our children's heads. Which is how we got to this predicament in the first place. Christians not letting people make up their own damn minds and shoving their stupid religion down their babies throats.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

Being the good open-minded "see it from all sides" dude that I am, I went and saw this crockumentary. It is propaganda BS designed to make evolutionists look like idiots if you haven't read their work or ask them ambiguous leading questions.

There are two sides to every story as far as the people losing their jobs because they "support ID".

Saying that Darwin and Natural Selection were the reason for the holocaust is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Hitler was a racist with a vendetta, not a scholar of Darwinism. Was Hitler aware of Darwinism? Probably. Does that mean Darwin is the foundation of the holocaust? You'd be stretching it to think so.

Trying to make Dawkins look like an idiot in front of a bunch of religious folks by having him say that it's a mere possibility that we were seeded on this planet is stupid. It's every bit as possible that us being seeded here happened as there is a God said "BANG! Look, Humans!" Do I think it happened? I don't know. Does Dawkins? No, but he figures that in as a possibility. Then, they try to set him up to appear to be contradicting himself: Stein asks him if he does not believe in any gods. Dawkins replies that, of course he does not believe in any gods. One is the same for all of him. NOW. Before going any further, Dawkin's definition of Atheism and God has to be understood before more questions should be asked. Dawkins (and most atheists that have a purpose for being an atheist other than 'I'm angry! f**k God! I'm an atheist. School sucks!') defines atheism as "non-belief in a personal God." So to Dawkins, a god is not a creator, per se, like in Deism. Deist believe that God started the ball rolling and then stepped away with no interaction. A god in Dawkins' eyes is one that interacts in human life like the Judeo/Christian/Muslim God. If some greater thing created the world and jump started life, Dawkins does not consider that God for a very good reason. The reason being that the word "god" has come to be known to billions as a personal figure. If there is a "creator" or "greater being" that has no impact on our lives that should not be considered God in my eyes or Dawkins eyes, because it's a totally different concept than the majority of people have been thinking it has been for thousands and thousands of years. To call it God would be misleading.

So what am I trying to say? this crockumentary was poorly done, strictly one-sided, and not very well thought out. It had a few good points, but not a enough to make anyone think.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Been hearing a lot about this one! May have to check this "crockumentary" out.......maybe it'll help balance out some of the others in recent history....

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

For me, one good point is sufficient for me to give it a view...
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]