I love hypocrisy

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

I love hypocrisy

Post by bassjones »

So, Dingy Harry is upset about Gonzalez firing 8 US attorneys...

Janet Reno fired all 93 her first week as AG in 1993. Including the one who was initially investigating Whitewater... Put in that position and charged w/ finishing the investigation... a former student who considered Clinton her "mentor"... Dingy Harry sat silent.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

I like most Hypocrisy albums after The Fourth Dimension. The self titled album, The Arrival and Virus are especially great!

-----

On the topic of political hypocrisy, though, Jones, do you ever watch The Daily Show? I think you'd enjoy the banter between a former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. and Jon Stewart about this particular subject.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I don't have cable. Priorities.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Re: I love hypocrisy

Post by WBOB »

bassjones wrote:So, Dingy Harry is upset about Gonzalez firing 8 US attorneys...

Janet Reno fired all 93 her first week as AG in 1993. Including the one who was initially investigating Whitewater... Put in that position and charged w/ finishing the investigation... a former student who considered Clinton her "mentor"... Dingy Harry sat silent.
This is a predictable bi-product of last falls election results.

Inquisitions, subpoenas, investigations, etc. ... anything to
further gridlock progress on important issues of the day.

No, don't mean that we shouldn't keep an eye our elected officials, this
just is a sign of "grasp at any straw" that might make the current admininstration look bad. Even at the expense of other pressing issues.

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Not everything can be a scandal can it? This reminds me of the R's and how they went after Clinton for everything... It ended up watering down his real wrong-doings to the point that America was done listening. And no the oval office blow job wasn't the real problem...

Ooh, they fired 8 US attorneys. Who cares??? They keep attacking him like this and it's going to end up biting them right in the ass eventually. They look petty and foolish right now.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
boxcarbooks

Post by boxcarbooks »

Grindspine wrote:I like most Hypocrisy albums after The Fourth Dimension. The self titled album, The Arrival and Virus are especially great!

Ahh! you ass! I was totally going for that.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

I love hypocrisy too. Like when Newt Gingrich was one of the leading men trying to take down Clinton and banging some lady on the side of his marriage. Or Ted Haggard condemning homosexuality and having sex with male prostitutes. I love hypocrisy.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

bassjones wrote:I don't have cable. Priorities.
*nods* I have other priorities too. It's nice getting fuzzy food network coming in half way occasionally though.

I do have to say though, that the bipartisanship of the government right now is, as was already stated, gridlocking the government. It's an us vs. them scenario where each side is trying to control all branches and therefore nullify checks and balances. I don't think this is what the forefathers intended.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Morphine Child wrote:I love hypocrisy too. Like when Newt Gingrich was one of the leading men trying to take down Clinton and banging some lady on the side of his marriage. Or Ted Haggard condemning homosexuality and having sex with male prostitutes. I love hypocrisy.
Clinton wasn't being taken down because of Lewinsky. He lied under oath as a sitting president in a sexual harrasment case... Scooter Libby was found guilty of a lesser similar crime... he lied to the FBI. Clinton lied to a judge. Lewinsky was a small detail, not the issue.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

bassjones wrote:Clinton wasn't being taken down because of Lewinsky. He lied under oath as a sitting president in a sexual harrasment case... Scooter Libby was found guilty of a lesser similar crime... he lied to the FBI. Clinton lied to a judge. Lewinsky was a small detail, not the issue.
Now if we could just get this sitting president to speak under oath - ever - about anything. Apparently he learned from Bill - He can lie to the filthy proletariat anytime about anything, but don't lie under oath. Glad he's got his priorities straight.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

Though I guess if he lied in front of a judge - he'd just have the judge fired.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

MrSpall wrote:Though I guess if he lied in front of a judge - he'd just have the judge fired.
He couldn't have a judge fired... he did make sure that Janet Reno fired ALL 93 sitting US Attorneys though - her first week...
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Re: I love hypocrisy

Post by flapjacks »

bassjones wrote:So, Dingy Harry is upset about Gonzalez firing 8 US attorneys...

Ok champ here's the difference, Reno came in with all prosecuting attorneys chosen by Republicans, so she fired all of them to get the ones she wanted. nothing wrong with that, happens all the time.

Gonzalez fired 8 attorneys in the middle of the term, and for no obvious reason. When a lil' research was done, it was found that they were prosecuting Republicans or not prosectuting Democratics fast enough, or whatever.

Really, no comparison can be made, no hypocrisy at all.

BOOYAH!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote:
Morphine Child wrote:I love hypocrisy too. Like when Newt Gingrich was one of the leading men trying to take down Clinton and banging some lady on the side of his marriage. Or Ted Haggard condemning homosexuality and having sex with male prostitutes. I love hypocrisy.
Clinton wasn't being taken down because of Lewinsky. He lied under oath as a sitting president in a sexual harrasment case... Scooter Libby was found guilty of a lesser similar crime... he lied to the FBI. Clinton lied to a judge. Lewinsky was a small detail, not the issue.
I've been too busy to reply, but before one of the "you didn't reply you're an idiot" officers pop in, I'll reply...

It's funny, but if you talk to most people about that impeachment you'll never here anything about lying under oath. Most people only remember the part about him getting a BJ in the oval office. Being rather young when it all happened, that's all I remember too. I don't hear most Republicans complaining about him lying under oath, I hear them whining about him committing adultery. I'm sure Gingrich had some choice words at the time too...thus making him a hypocrite.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

the Republicans were talking about lying under oath. The Democrats and the media succesfully spun the debate to be about him getting a bj in the oval office.

Then again, Ronald Reagan was known to never remove so much as his suit jacket in the oval office out of reverence for the position and the office and the men who had served before. Interesting contrast if nothing else.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com