DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

Morphine Child wrote:Democrats take the house for the first time in 12 years. It looks like the Senate might be grabbed by them too.
...and there was much rejoicing. "yay."
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

7WetCigarettes wrote:
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

you know, surprisingly I could care less. I'm actually kind of happy about it, since this will result in complete gridlock and absolutlely nothing being done over the next 2 years. No new taxes, no new laws, it's all good.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

No new taxes, no new laws, no new wars....maybe...it's all good.
Fixed! :lol:
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

bassjones wrote:you know, surprisingly I could care less. I'm actually kind of happy about it, since this will result in complete gridlock and absolutlely nothing being done over the next 2 years. No new taxes, no new laws, it's all good.
Yeah! and now we'll be able to implement the new
leaders of the house and senate's alternate and
better ideas & plans which
are,.... um,... ahh,..... let's see..... ummm......

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

LOL, and yes, I am actually laughing at that... Especially since the Democrats all voted in favor of the Iraq war too... Sorry, just had to point that out.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

^ exactly.

Plus doesn't the president still have powers to deploy troops?
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

bassjones wrote:LOL, and yes, I am actually laughing at that... Especially since the Democrats all voted in favor of the Iraq war too... Sorry, just had to point that out.
that's when the voted for it before they were against it,.. or was it
voted to be against it before they voted for it???

:: turns 360 degrees ::

Less is always more
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

He can deploy them, the House can just make sure no one gets paid.

I see a governmental shutdown in the next couple of months when the fiscal year ends...
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote:LOL, and yes, I am actually laughing at that... Especially since the Democrats all voted in favor of the Iraq war too... Sorry, just had to point that out.
Well, they were presented the same made up evidence as the republicans, so why wouldn't they?
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

If Bush is smart, he'll play it like Clinton did in '95, when he blamed the whole thing on Republicans. "The Democratic leadership won't give us the funding necessary to win this war..."

Government shutdowns are good for everybody who isn't a bureaucrat or welfare sponge. Except in this case when it could place our soldiers in more danger.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Morphine Child wrote:
Well, they were presented the same made up evidence as the republicans, so why wouldn't they?
The same madeup evidence that Clinton presented in 1998, you mean?
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

Citations would help. And did Clinton present the "same evidence" and then say, "hey, let's go spend billions of dollars and go kill 30,000 innocent Iraqi civilians, lose a few thousand American troops and fall into a stalemate for a few years after that"?
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
spete1020

Post by spete1020 »

Are you referring to Public Law 107-243: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002? Which was passed, granting authorization?

According to our government's numbers, this resolution passed 296-133 in the House (Nays included 6 Republicans, 1 Independent, 126 Democrats). Official House Roll Call

According to our government's numbers, this resolution passed 77-23 in the Senate (1 Rep., 1 Ind., 21 Democrats).Offical Senate Roll Call

Maybe you were refering to some other resolution Democrats voted in favor of? I couldn't tell if you were being sarcasic...no smiley face icons?
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

Oliver's Army wrote:
7WetCigarettes wrote:
wondered if anyone would get that. nice. :lol:
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....