Three words...

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Three words...

Post by cwallace »

...MOTHER fornicatin VISTA...

So I got the Full version running in its entirety on my main machine at home today...

BAD ASS...

There are so many cool eye candy things on this software...and it works flawlessly..only lost ONE item...my 6 year old HP scanner...no new drivers will be made for it..

But damn it is nice...smooth, fast, pretty...

Chris

P.S. Best of all....FREE..;)

CW
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

So far do you think that upgrading to Vista is really worth it? It seems like the main feature Microsoft is pushing is the pretty GUI
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

OH YEAH...the TOOLS...the accesability...

I have only been FULLY playing with this on my home system here for about two hours, but just getting around is so much nicer...there are so many cool new features..

The options in the windows alone are cool...

Getting around the machine flows nicer...

And yeah...the GFX are just badass..

Has built in weather monitoring...no more weatherbug...cool side bar...

Everything is transparent...windows open real nice...fade in and out...

Just all around cool and nice...

I will keep reporting as I find things..:)

Chris
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Yet one step closer to finally being able to do what we've been doing on a MAC for years, eh? ;-)
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Hah...you managed to get that thing online? Nice...;)

Trust me...this will make MACs look...well like MACs in a matter of a month or so.

I have no big bugs other than one update issue with a service that needs to be turned off or on....

Other than that...all good.

Chris
LowLife
RockStar
RockStar

Post by LowLife »

sounds fun! :evil:
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

I just bought a computer the other day that came loaded with Vista I don't quite have enough memory to run it smoothly so i'm upgraded 1Gb, so far for the casual user vista isn't that great it has a nice look to it and a few things that have made working with windows easier. I'm waiting for my upgrade then I'll play with it a little more. But so far it doesn't seem any more impressive than XP, of course im just using Vista Home Basic.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Where did you get your computer? Where are you getting the upgrade? Don't you know that everyone on FWM gets a discount with my COMPUTER SHOP???

Chris
LowLife
RockStar
RockStar

Post by LowLife »

^really? :evil:
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

cwallace wrote:And yeah...the GFX are just badass..

Has built in weather monitoring...no more weatherbug...cool side bar...

Everything is transparent...windows open real nice...fade in and out...
^ Why do those things sound like huge memory hogging bells & whistles?

Chris, is tune-up utils 2006 even compatable with Vista? I'd be curious to see if that memory optimizer would go nuts.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I have 2GB in my system and have about 1.4GB free while working.

They are no more memory hogging than the graphics on OSX.

And yes 2006 is compatible with Vista...no issues at all. the 07 upgrade in tune-up rounds out the compatibility.

Memory optimizer barely moves, but functions fine.

I have a solid week of regular work under my belt and other than FF not being ready for Vista everything else is fine.

I will definately post when there is an issue...if there is one anyway.

Chris
MynameisJenn
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by MynameisJenn »

cwallace wrote:Where did you get your computer? Where are you getting the upgrade? Don't you know that everyone on FWM gets a discount with my COMPUTER SHOP???

Chris
can you pm me with some details...I broke my laptop by spilling water on it so in the near future I'll be looking to get a new one
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sankofa/jennnewsig.jpg[/img]
LowLife
RockStar
RockStar

Post by LowLife »

this sounds like fun! :evil:
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

cwallace wrote:Where did you get your computer? Where are you getting the upgrade? Don't you know that everyone on FWM gets a discount with my COMPUTER SHOP???

Chris
Best Buy, same for the upgrade, and no I wasn't aware of the discount.
I now have the upgrade and I'm running on 1.5Gb and the change was largely noticable my programs have no lag and even my internet is slightly quicker (I have low grade cable) I'm still figureing out the new menus and such but i'm digging it more.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

<sigh> When will this town learn NEVER go to Best Buy for ANYTHING. They are forking theives...

Owell...when it FAILS...and it will fail in time...get it to me so I can get it set up right.

Since you are probably running Norton because it came from Best Buy you really need to get that off of there soon. It will lead you to more problems than you could imagine.

I think I just need to do a theme around 969byte.com since people are missing the obvious...heh...

BUt now that people are able to see this post...REMEMBER YOU GET A DISCOUNT...969byte.com or call the number 969-BYTE (2983) and give me a shot at your system repairs and upgrades. If I know you can get something elswhere cheaper...I will tell you. You will at least get a fair price from me for the work that needs done. As well, the shop supports this site...;) So it is like giving to FortWayneMusic.com as well...

Chris