What the f**k is wrong with this person?!?!?

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

This isn't about *art*.

This is about stament, status and exposure.

Did you know about her before this?

Exactly.

Despite our Midwestern shock and awe, there are consumers of radical art.

She could give a rats butt if you hate her or not. You are not her audience.

You have given her exactly what she wants from you, for nothing.

ka-ching, suckers.

The only thing missing is a youtube clip.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

Krieves wrote:I don't know if creating a bloody mess is art. There was an "artist" in South America that brought a stray dog into an art gallery, tied in the corner, and let it starve to death. He called it art.
A later story said that the dog escaped and never died.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Krieves
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Krieves »

I checked in on Snopes and they said it's uncertain if the dog died or if the dog escaped. The initial report was that the dog died, but then when people got of upset about the claims of animal cruelty, then the artist and gallery owner said the dog ran away.

Either way, it really stretches my definition of art. I understand a person's need to make a statement about life or our perceptions about our culture, but that doesn't always mean it's "art".
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Oliver's Army wrote:This isn't about *art*.

This is about stament, status and exposure.

Did you know about her before this?

Exactly.

Despite our Midwestern shock and awe, there are consumers of radical art.

She could give a rats butt if you hate her or not. You are not her audience.

You have given her exactly what she wants from you, for nothing.

ka-ching, suckers.

The only thing missing is a youtube clip.
and I thought I was the cynical one :) I bet Yale's not reveling in the attention...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

heheheh

Ka-ching indeed, suckers.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/200 ... index.html
Update: A release from Yale's Office of Public Affairs says that Aliza Shvarts has told Yale officials that she did not actually impregnate herself with sperm donors' semen and then induce miscarriages for an art project. Rather, she was doing "performance art" -- and issued a press release that was picked up by the YDN as a news story. According to the Office of Public Affairs, Shvarts is trying to create "a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body." (Any thoughts on what that means in the context of pretending to induce miscarriages?) The public affairs office says "Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns." True enough, but even as fakes, they're still pretty dumb. -- CP
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Krieves wrote:Either way, it really stretches my definition of art. I understand a person's need to make a statement about life or our perceptions about our culture, but that doesn't always mean it's "art".
i agree.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

...as long as no one's sleeping with a chicken,..then no big deal then.

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Groups both for and against abortion rights expressed outrage over the affair.
Ted Miller, a spokesman for NARAL Pro-Choice America, called the concept offensive and "not a constructive addition to the debate over reproductive rights."

Peter Wolfgang, executive director of the Family Institute of Connecticut, an anti-abortion group, said his anger was not mitigated by the fact that Shvarts was never pregnant.

"I'm astounded by this woman's callousness," he said. "There are thousands of women in this country who are dealing with the pain of having had an abortion, with the trauma of having suffered a miscarriage. For her to make light of that for her own purposes is just beyond words."

that about sums it up
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:Groups both for and against abortion rights expressed outrage over the affair.
Ted Miller, a spokesman for NARAL Pro-Choice America, called the concept offensive and "not a constructive addition to the debate over reproductive rights."

Peter Wolfgang, executive director of the Family Institute of Connecticut, an anti-abortion group, said his anger was not mitigated by the fact that Shvarts was never pregnant.

"I'm astounded by this woman's callousness," he said. "There are thousands of women in this country who are dealing with the pain of having had an abortion, with the trauma of having suffered a miscarriage. For her to make light of that for her own purposes is just beyond words."

that about sums it up
And you're surprised by this? Groups "for" or "against" anything are going to get their panties in a wad.

sh*t, I'm surprised PETA and Al Sharpton haven't said anything about it yet.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

The_Dude wrote:sh*t, I'm surprised PETA and Al Sharpton haven't said anything about it yet.
was the girl black?

if not.. he don't care.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

anderson wrote:
The_Dude wrote:sh*t, I'm surprised PETA and Al Sharpton haven't said anything about it yet.
was the girl black?

if not.. he don't care.
And by the way.. f**k Al Sharpton... if I spoke out about white pride the way he does black pride.. I'd be a racist bastard.

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

Al Sharpton is racist...but, it is acceptable due to the "numbers game". Once "white folks" are in the majority, you can have your time to shine and promote white pride without looking racist.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

The_Dude wrote:
bassjones wrote:Groups both for and against abortion rights expressed outrage over the affair.

that about sums it up
And you're surprised by this? Groups "for" or "against" anything are going to get their panties in a wad.

sh*t, I'm surprised PETA and Al Sharpton haven't said anything about it yet.
on this particular issue, it's pretty rare for them to both be pissed off at the same time - scratch that, they're both pissed off most of the time - it's pretty rare for them to both be pissed off at the same person...
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

And the funny thing is...it's none of either group's damn business.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

im not surprised this is fake.

i was wondering, if she did this numerous times, whered she get all the man juice from?
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd