Which is better Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Which is better?

DS
44%
PSP
44%
I have to work for a living so I can't afford either
11%

Total votes: 9

Pinkbunnysjumping5
I Been Around
I Been Around

Which is better Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

Post by Pinkbunnysjumping5 »

Nintendo DS, or Sony PSP

which do you think is better
Qeloton

Post by Qeloton »

Minus Mario Kart the DS is close to worthless in my opinion.

I have a good friend that uses his as an alarm clock...and he plays GBA SP games.

They have a PSP that comes with a gig memory stick... for like 340. Thats the one I would go with, for the video and music potential alone....

Supposedly Lumines is ridiculously addictive too.
"Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg RIP
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

I've never seen the DS up close only in ads but I have seen the PSP in action and it is amazing great graphics for the games, stores pictures, music, plays movies from what I know the DS only does games and at half the graphic potential of the PSP
DJSpot
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by DJSpot »

I'd buy the DS just for Mario Kart alone! The best mario kart ever in my opinion. The wi-fi is a big perk too if I get tired of racing the computer.

If you want a device that "does it all" like play games, watch movies, store music and pics...go ahead for the PSP. Easy to use out of the box and it looks sweet. One peek at the screen during a cool movie screne or while someone is playing Grand Theft Auto will entirely justify the purchase.

I enjoy the game library much more on the DS though.
The fact that it plays GBA games is also a pretty good deal to some people that might have skipped getting one.
advance wars, castlevania, mario & luigi, trauma center & animal crossing are some games that came out recently that totally changed my mind.

Although, if I had to pick just based on the hardware....I'd go for a Gamepark32! 50 bucks cheaper than a PSP and totally open-ended for tons of emulation and video codecs and stuff
mattjericho
RockStar
RockStar
Location: Dayton, first in flight, last in minor leauge hockey attendance.

Post by mattjericho »

I had to add an option for us old folks.
[b]Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, well, he dropped by and he brought a copy of About Last Night and a four-pack of Bartels & James and woo hoo hoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now.
[/b]