LOST

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

LOST

Post by Oliver's Army »

Wow.

Damn.

This is gonna be a good season 2 if last night's show was any hint.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

F'ing A! I was hooked the whole time. I guess people really did wear jumpsuits in the late 70's!

Does anyone know what song was playing during the opening scenes with the dude in the Bunker?
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

I only caught the chorus of the song.. wasn't paying much attention to the song but it went something along the lines of "Make your own music even if you're the only one that listens."

Also... according tho the specal features dvd from season one they are stretching out the story for 5 seasons. I find this really hard to fathom, simply because season one was about the entire group of srvivors you learned about the secondary characters and cared about them.. then most of the secondary charactrs died. And at the rate they killed off the secondary characters there isn't enough characters that you care about to kill off.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

There's a whole other 1/2 of the survivors from the plane crash we haven't seen yet, don't forget that.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Desmond, the guy, who Jack met while running in the stadium, said he was preparing for a race around the world.

Hmmm...

He's shown up in Jack's flashback. He might have shown up in Hurley's flashback. Will he show up anywhere else or in anyone else's flashbacks? i.e. Sayid (Iraq), Jin & Sun (Korea), Charlie (UK), Claire (Australia)...

Hmmm...

Why is there some time of large electromagnet inside of the hatch? It does explain why Sayid's compass was messed up...

Hmmm...

Time parallels...

Hmmm...

Supposedly Walt was talking backwards...not really sure, but I've heard he says something about "Push the button, no button's bad."

Hmmm...

Is Desmond in Quarantine or is the Island actually in Quarantine? Notice the placement of the word, Quarantine, on the hatch door...

Hmmm...

Was the opening to the episode set in present time or was it a flashback in of itself? I mean, in the beginning, Desmond is clean and looks to be all there...at the end he is disheveled and looking kind of crazy...could that have possibly happened way earlier than we were led to believe?

Hmmm...

Will Desmond "remember" or recognize Jack? Jack obviously recognizes Desmond...

Hmmm...

Numbers! They were everywhere in Episode One, Season Two...They were on Desomond's medicine/injection bottles; they were what he typed into the computer at the opening, then hit execute; 108 was on the wall (which is the sum of the mystery numbers)...

Hmmm...
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Here's the 'numbers' on Desmond's vials!
Why is there some time of large electromagnet inside of the hatch? It does explain why Sayid's compass was messed up...
Yes. It could also explain why people get 'lost' on the island.
Is Desmond in Quarantine or is the Island actually in Quarantine? Notice the placement of the word, Quarantine, on the hatch door...
I think the island itself is quarantined.
Supposedly Walt was talking backwards...not really sure, but I've heard he says something about "Push the button, no button's bad."
That's what I've been told too. But I've also heard it was like this.

"Push the button" "No, button's bad" as they were a call and a responce....
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

I was riveted.
The Hand of Poo
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by The Hand of Poo »

It's interesting, the balance Lost strikes between reality and supernatural...

So many of the Island's mysteries are explainable phenomena, like the big Electromagnet/Generator in the hatch affecting the compasses. But then, you've got stuff like Walt, or Hurley's luck with numbers.

At this point, it's almost like trying to decide between aliens and ghosts. By far, the most addictive show on TV.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Hurley's luck with numbers
I'd say Hugo is cursed with those numbers, but we'll see. I'm sure at some point they'll be used for the forces of good, as opposed to evil!
Tonda
Troll
Troll

Post by Tonda »

some people think that the island is hell and the people half to prove redemption for the things they did. the guy on the stairs told jack i will see you in another life. im still not sure but i think this show is the best one on the air.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

LOST on tonight.

I have NEVER been so addicted to a show before.

I mean, sure, I will watch Family Guy and a few other shows but damn this one has me hooked.

God help the person who calls me during LOST.

Did I mention I love my TiVo?

A couple of LOST forums. You need to register to read the threads, but there is some very interesting ideas on both.

http://lost-forum.com/
http://www.thefuselage.com/
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Tonight's episode:
09.28.05 :: 202 "ADRIFT" [NEW] Their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin fight for their lives and discover a new predator in the ocean.
Ohh...interesting! I wonder if we'll even see this island this episode; concidering we didn't see anything about the raft on the previous episode...
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

the only preview after last weeks episode was about the raft.. so I bet it's all water tonight... somone should have a lost party. That would rock... BYO!
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Anderson wrote:... somone should have a lost party. That would rock... BYO!
Hmmm...this could be do-able.

Problem is though, I am pretty rabid about talking during a show or movie that I am engrossed in.

I have actually stopped a DVD that some of us were watching so chatty Cathy(made up person) could finish her opinions on the lead actress' outfit. WTF?

The worse is when, after talking thru an entire scene, some dumbass asks 'what happened?"

It is inevitable that some people would/could not STFU and I would have to chain them to my water heater in the basement until LOST was over.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

I know how you feel Oliver. I could go for you taping it via TiVo, and then having an Lost AfterParty to watch the rerun and discuss.

Because so much sh*t goes on during that show, you might miss a beep or something; only to find out 4 episodes later that beep was something important...