Conservatives

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I've always thought that once you care about race, good or bad, you are part of the problem.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

deek wrote:I've always thought that once you care about race, good or bad, you are part of the problem.
Explain. . .
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

=^-..-^= wrote:
deek wrote:I've always thought that once you care about race, good or bad, you are part of the problem.
Explain. . .
please
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

Its more from a philosophical standpoint, but I honestly believe that once you apply it to daily living, it works. On the "bad" side, you have people discriminating, taking note of race and making judgements based on it. You can find your stereotypical racists and hatemongers on this side, but also people that are more subtle, but still act differently due to race.

On the "good" you have people promoting equal rights or affirmative action or trying to give minorities a break to get ahead. Sometimes it works for the betterment of a race, other times it causes more problems.

My point is, race is an issue until everybody stops making it an issue. So, in my words, once you stop "caring" about race, and just let the person in front of you be a person, regardless of race, then in some way, however small, you are still making race an issue. Therefore, you're still part of the problem.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Wise you are, young Jedi. . . .
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

agree to a point. some things need to be brought to light.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

=^-..-^= wrote:Wise you are, young Jedi. . . .
Why is it when one speaks in Yodisian,..that this thread just seems to make more sense?

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

bassjones wrote:agree to a point. some things need to be brought to light.
I guess I still feel, what is the point of bringing race to light? If you are going to do something with that knowledge, you are in effect, causing some kind of problem and more than likely judging (for good or bad) a person based on race.

I understand what you mean, its just that until we just treat people as people, then we aren't going to let people be themselves. There will always be some level of judgement occuring.

Its certainly a stereotype but when people try to bring something to light, its usually because they have an agenda and trying to make a point. And once anything is brought to light, you either have people that agree or disagree, so those people are always being a bringer of division.

Its hard to bring people to any consensus when the method you use is based on dividing people...that's the conundrum, I suppose.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

WBOB wrote:
=^-..-^= wrote:Wise you are, young Jedi. . . .
Why is it when one speaks in Yodisian,..that this thread just seems to make more sense?
Juxtapose the subject and verb to sound wise I do, young Paduan.

(raises hand) The answer you were looking for this is. . . .

Ayn Rand

subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

bassjones wrote:what... are you skeert? :)
I'll help... the main libertarian idea is that the government should be limited as much as possible, that it should not intrude into people's personal lives, and that individual liberties should not be infringed, right?
Last edited by subgenius88 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

deek wrote:
My point is, race is an issue until everybody stops making it an issue. So, in my words, once you stop "caring" about race, and just let the person in front of you be a person, regardless of race, then in some way, however small, you are still making race an issue. Therefore, you're still part of the problem.
That might work in some utopian dream land I've yet to visit. In the mean time, when you are constantly confronted with racism, it's a bit hard to ignore. Wouldn't ignoring it instead of making it an issue be worse? It'll be a problem until there is understanding. Sweeping it under the rug of contentment won't do the trick.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

subgenius88 wrote:
bassjones wrote:what... are you skeert? :)
I'll help... the main libertarian idea is that the government should be limited as much as possible, that it should not intrude into people's personal lives, and that individual liberties should not be infringed, right?
right. including the individual liberties of the tiny person inside the big person. no one should infringe upon the woman's right to turn down sexual advances or take as many lovers as she chooses. no one should infringe upon her right to use birth control or give birth to as many children as she wishes by as many fathers as she desires - of course, she should not expect others to be forced to pay for those decisions. However, she should not be allowed to infringe upon the right of the tiny person temporarily dwelling in her womb either.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

bassjones wrote:
right. including the individual liberties of the tiny person inside the big person. no one should infringe upon the woman's right to turn down sexual advances or take as many lovers as she chooses. no one should infringe upon her right to use birth control or give birth to as many children as she wishes by as many fathers as she desires - of course, she should not expect others to be forced to pay for those decisions. However, she should not be allowed to infringe upon the right of the tiny person temporarily dwelling in her womb either.
I was just saying what I thought the other side of the libertarian view as I saw it is. I'm not a libertarian and I'm actually on your side on this one, buddy.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I understand that. I was just pointing out that libertarianism can go either way on the issue (though libertarians have typically been pro-choice), depending on the personhood of the fetus. As more and more disaffected conservatives (like me) lean more heavily toward libertarianism the party may have to take a position one way or the other.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com