Christian Musicians for Praise Rock Band

Looking to pick up some new talent? Wanting to form or join a band? It all starts here.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

gt8gtrman

Christian Musicians for Praise Rock Band

Post by gt8gtrman »

:o
I am a Christian guitarist/vocalist who is looking for other seasoned players to form a Rock praise band. No massive egos or drama baggage. This is about praising Christ. Can't say there would be any money but this would be playing for a different reason anyway. I posted about a year ago for this same subject and got a few responses- nothing that really panned out.

My tastes for cover are:
Switchfoot
Third Day
Audio Adreneline
Chris Tomlin
Lincoln Brewster
Skillet
Spoken
Seventh Day Slumber
Disciple
Big Daddy Weave

As you may note, I tend to oriented more toward guitar-centric bands but am certainly open for discussion of other formats and make up. I would like to do some original material too.
I have years of experience and excellent personal equipment. If interested, please either respond by PM or reply to this thread.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
FatBagger

Interested!

Post by FatBagger »

I play the bass and may be interested in doing something like this!
SHAWN
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.
The King of ALLCAPS-Core.

Post by SHAWN »

Hey!

Would you be interested in joining an already forming band doing the same thing?

We are planning to be a bit heavier, tho. More along the lines of Pillar, TFK, and Skillet, but will at times do the stuff you have listed.

Basically what we have so far is Greg Titzer (Guitar, Ex-Migraines), Thor Whitlock (Drums, From Remedy.fm), and myself, Shawn Browning (lead vocals, guitar, ex-Migraines, Remedy.fm guy)

If you are interested, shoot me a message on my myspace:

www.myspace.com/shotgunkaraokedj

Shawn
LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. . .
FatBagger

Post by FatBagger »

Would be interested Shawn!Drop me a line if you need a bass player!
gt8gtrman

Christian Band

Post by gt8gtrman »

Heavy is good as long as vocals are in tune and have a melody. (however there is a place for screams). I think Skillet, Seventh Day Slumber, Spoken and others such are right on the money! Nothing speaks Rock like a palm-muted Les Paul through a Marshall (preferably on 6 or above). Bass that makes you pants legs move with a drummer's foot makes an important statement too. When you can do that in praise of the King of Glory, you are right on track!
FatBagger

Post by FatBagger »

gt8gtrman, are we just throwing around ideas here and testing the waters, or are you serious? I read these types of posts and respond to them and never get a reply! If you wanna do something like this, drop me a line and let me know whats up!!!
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

FatBagger wrote: I read these types of posts and respond to them and never get a reply!
you should check your PM's, fatbagger!
gt8gtrman

Christian Praise Rock

Post by gt8gtrman »

For all,
I am serious about wanting to put together a praise band as described in my first posting on the subject. If you are geniunely interested, please PM (private message) me. We can arrange for either a phone session or in-person talk to discuss the necessary details. I have some ideas (some maybe great, some maybe not-so-great). My church is very supportive and will allow us to rehearse there (by arrangement of time). By the way, Adam, your Hillary bumper sticker is hilarious.