Diners Drive-Ins and Dives

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

The_Dude wrote:
Silencio wrote:DO NOT even think about ordering the fried bologna sandwich (the "Fonzie," I think they call it). It's not like your mom made, with slices of b'loney on the grill. It's a solid 1/4 chunk of bologna deep fried and thrown on a bun. I did not make this up.
My grandmother just turned over in her grave. She used to buy bologna by the roll and slice it herself. 1/4" was a thin slice for her.

Thanks for the info, Silencio. This sounds like my kind of place.*

* Not to mention it sounds pretty much the exact replica of my "dream" restaurant if I were to ever open my own. Awesome. Themed dining rooms with that era's music playing along with that era's memoribilia, etc.
SOunds like you will seriously love it, dude. I'm one of a chorus of voices that keeps telling Lori that if she would just move the thing to Fort Wayne she would CLEAN UP.

BTW, I see I made a mistake of omission in that post... it's not a 1/4" slice of bologna. It's a QUARTER POUND chunk. *choke*
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

Thanks for pointing that out...I may have tried the fried bologna...but a quarter pound...ugh...way too much.

I've driven by it a couple times, never been...I might need to give it a try.

Yeah, it sounds like Arnold's would be more of a catch than anything we got in town...although, I could maybe see them doing a segment on multiple restaurants, like a montage between Powers, Coney and Cindy's...I could almost see that being worth their (i.e. Food Network) time.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Arnold's is awesome. And Fleek - major ditto on the Skyline Chili!! given the choice between a White Castle and a Skyline (hell, even a Goldstar) I'll take Skyline 10 days out of 10.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Krieves
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Krieves »

"BTW, I see I made a mistake of omission in that post... it's not a 1/4" slice of bologna. It's a QUARTER POUND chunk. *choke*"

Jeez, how many cow lips does it take to make a 1/4 lb piece of bologna. :)
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

Oliver's Army wrote:We have friends who live in Chicago and stop by the Goshen Road King Gyros EVERY time they are in town. The swear it's better than they get there.
That's impossible! Tell them they need to look harder, King Gyros can't touch at least a hundred establishments in Chicago when it comes to gyros, italian beef, sausages, dogs, etc.
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

I guess I would be in the minority here but I'll take a Coney Island dog over another (Skyline included) any day. I agree the atmosphere adds a lot, but I'm still stoked if you show up at my house with a box of em.

Maybe it's because it was the first dog I had for years before trying a different one but it has become what I expect a coney dog to taste like.

Everything else I try is usually good but I think to myself "It's not Coney Island".
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

echosauce1 wrote:
Everything else I try is usually good but I think to myself "It's not Coney Island".
truer words ain't been spoke.
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

AMEN BROTHER!
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

I'm a fan of Arnold's for the great food and fun, and because I did their jingle, a fun Jerry-Lee-sits-in-Sha-Na-Na kinda thing.

www.gravitymusic.com --> the music --> AmpMX Player --> Page 2 (find the "dwn" button next to the song list) --> "Arnold's - Spirit of Rock and Roll."
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Who shot the commercial? I always thought it was pretty glossy for a local spot.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Oliver's Army wrote:Who shot the commercial? I always thought it was pretty glossy for a local spot.
Ty Black shot it, way, way back, before I did the jingle.... once the music was finished, they just dropped the song in and left the pics alone.

I forget what the deal was... trying to demonstrate 21Alive production capabilities, or something, but they spent some rental money they never got back... the 16mm film, the look-a-likes, the gauzy light... hell, it has a crane shot in it!
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

adam atherton wrote:
echosauce1 wrote:
truer words ain't been spoke.
no shite.
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
tiny
Regular
Regular

Post by tiny »

Better get to Powers soon. It's not long for our world.

Just a tip from yer ol' Uncle Tiny.
TINY....
-----------------------------------
TINY TUNES Event and Entertainment Services -Mobile Music, Pro Sound, Booking and Event Planning
tinytunesdjs.com

also occasionally on 92.3 The Fort

Still waiting on confirmation of my new Harrison Square condominium purchase.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

tiny wrote:Better get to Powers soon. It's not long for our world.
It smells like it died a long time ago.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

Silencio wrote:
tiny wrote:Better get to Powers soon. It's not long for our world.
It smells like it died a long time ago.
don't let 'Kofa hear you say that.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com