Wayne the Train Hancock/JB Beverly & The Wayward Drifter

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Would you go to see them?

yes
71%
no
No votes
who?
29%

Total votes: 7

HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Wayne the Train Hancock/JB Beverly & The Wayward Drifter

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

Let HBE FTW know.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Wayne Hancock
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErKuQ7VLBLY[/youtube]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

JB Beverly & The Wayward Drifters
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n_f1FwSSh4[/youtube]
beck
Regular
Regular

Post by beck »

BOOK HIM.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

good lookin out fleek.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Wayne Hancock is swell.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

from waynehancock.com
Wayne has been called "the master of Hillbilly swing," a "roots Renaissance man," a "country singer's country singer" and "Hank Williams meets Gershwin." But the phrase most frequently echoed throughout his career is "Wayne Hancock is the real deal." Joe Ely said it, Hank Williams III said it, Bobby Koefer from the Texas Playboys said it, as have countless music fans and writers when referring to Hancock's authentic and original blend of honky tonk, western swing, blues and big band that he calls "Juke Joint Swing".

Since his stunning debut, Thunderstorms and Neon Signs, in 1995, Wayne has been an anomaly among his country music peers. Wayne’s uncompromising interpretation of the music he loves is in fact what defines him: steeped in traditional but never ‘retro’; bare bones but bone shaking; hardcore but with a swing.
Like the comfortable crackle of a Wurlitzer jukebox 45, Wayne is the embodiment of genuine, roof-raising, music that defies genres and expectations and just plain delivers the goods with a kick in the butt and a twist of the hips.

With the blacktop as his muse, there is perhaps no more apt ambassador for the open road than Wayne. No surprise, since the two spend so much time together: Wayne routinely tours 200 plus days a year in his trusty van. Bringing his traveling Juke Joint Revival to every town between Portland, Maine and Portland, Oregon. Wayne and his band can turn any club into a dance hall where tables and chairs are an outright hindrance.

Various musicians drop in on Wayne's shows from time to time, but his core band for touring is comprised of two amazingly talanted musicians, the phenomenal Eddie Biebel on lead guitar and the rhythm slappin' Huck Johnson on Standup Bass. Do yourself a favor - whenever this great trio is in or near your town, go to the show!

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

I almost used "the real deal" myself to describe him... not the alt-modern-country-blooze-revival version of the "we're all dressed up in here" / Big Bad Voodoo Daddy / ring-a-ding-ding / swinging hepcat routine that was going on a few years back (like most of these college-boys-pretending-to-be-chain-gang-escapees are), but the genuine article.

You can hear it when somebody truly apprehends the material they perform... that clip is all you need to know that these boys "get it."