ZZTOP

Promote your show or talk about a show you saw or plan on seeing. Also make sure to post your gigs in our calendar section.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

ZZTOP

Post by bassjones »

Anybody go to this last night? I didn't. Love the 70's stuff, hate the "Legs" era stuff. Not paying $100 to see them play 75% 80's stuff, even if I could afford it.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Negative.

And I'm with you...I wouldn't pay that kind of money to see them...unless midgets were included in the performance somehow.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

November of 1979.

Saw ZZ TOP with Loverboy. ZZ nearly put me to sleep.

Got my $8.00 worth then.

Yes... $8.00. I think I paid $8 for a beer at the last concert I was at.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

[quote="Oliver's Army"]November of 1979.

quote]

Sure it wasn't the weed that nearly put you to sleep? :wink:
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Oliver's Army wrote:November of 1979.

But Loverboy was exciting? Whoah.

I saw ZZ Top at the National Guard Armory in... what, ''73?... when they grabbed a pickup gig filing in for no-show Captain Beyond. I was real bummed that The Cap'n wasn't playing, til that Little Ol' Band from Texas came out and tore the roof off the sucker.

8 bucks. I remember going to see Kiss at the coliseum for 7 bucks. But they got snowed in at Cleveland, so the promoter came out and made us an awesome deal:

* Leave now and get ALL our money back....

* Stay and see the two openers - Ted Nugent and Mott (not even Mott The Hoople, boys, just Mott) - and get a dollar back.

Me and Spider Webb deliberated about 4 seconds, beat feet to the box office, got our cash and headed to The Lyre Coffeehouse, where we played checkers and were treated to a rare appearance by Arvil Bird.
dofus hipster
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by dofus hipster »

%90 old stuff. They are getting old.....
No Man Can Eat 50 eggs!
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

Oliver's Army wrote:November of 1979.

Got my $8.00 worth then.

Yes... $8.00. I think I paid $8 for a beer at the last concert I was at.
Hey! I was at that show! You're right, ZZ was kinda' boring, but Loverboy was great (Remember: to us high skoolers, they were the 'next big thing' back then!)

Saw ZZ about a year earlier at the Coliseum. ROADMASTER opened! Anybody remember them? The keyboardist had a plexiglass synth that he strapped on and played while walking around the stage.

ZZ had a custom stage with fibre optic lights imbedded in it. That was kinda' cool. but they were kind of dull then, also.

Confession: Actually DROVE with a friend to Indy to see Loverboy at Market Square. They came to FW later that tour (with Huey Lewis opening.)
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."