Diiiiiiiiiiiiiirty football...

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Re: Diiiiiiiiiiiiiirty football...

Post by WBOB »

...to say the least. Friggin Patriots anyways. :x

Less is always more
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

Frankly I find it a little hard to believe.

First off, why are the only two times it's supposed to have happened been on the road, once at Lambeau and once at the Meadowlands? It would be easy for them to do this sort of thing at home - they could install cameras at Gilette (The Best A Man Can Get) Stadium without anyone knowing and never run the risk of having their cameraman spotted.

Second, don't coaches all the time cover their faces and signals when sending things in like that? Everytime they show a coach on TV sending in a play, coverage, or formation he's always got a clipboard or piece of paper covering himself.

Third, aren't these coaches and coordinators on TV all the time? Don't the Pats break down tape (normally from a camera that gives a good view of the full field, and the sidelines)? If the guy is doing it in such a way that it can be seen on film anyway, what's the big deal about him being recorded?

The only problem I see is taht he was recording the game without the 'express written consent of Roger Goodell, the NFL, the NFLPA, CBS, FOXSports, ESPN, and God his-own-self. He'll probably be fined, the team will be fined, and everyone will move on.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

We'll see what happens.
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

all I know is tom Brady had 3 TDs this week
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

Post by G Fresh »

http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Nothing but class.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

and it's not like they needed to do it either. It was the freakin' Jets.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

MrSpall wrote:Frankly I find it a little hard to believe.

First off, why are the only two times it's supposed to have happened been on the road, once at Lambeau and once at the Meadowlands? It would be easy for them to do this sort of thing at home - they could install cameras at Gilette (The Best A Man Can Get) Stadium without anyone knowing and never run the risk of having their cameraman spotted.

Second, don't coaches all the time cover their faces and signals when sending things in like that? Everytime they show a coach on TV sending in a play, coverage, or formation he's always got a clipboard or piece of paper covering himself.

Third, aren't these coaches and coordinators on TV all the time? Don't the Pats break down tape (normally from a camera that gives a good view of the full field, and the sidelines)? If the guy is doing it in such a way that it can be seen on film anyway, what's the big deal about him being recorded?

The only problem I see is taht he was recording the game without the 'express written consent of Roger Goodell, the NFL, the NFLPA, CBS, FOXSports, ESPN, and God his-own-self. He'll probably be fined, the team will be fined, and everyone will move on.
They were accusing the Pats of stealing "Defensive" signs. Those don't get sent in via headsets or anything of the like. They are normally hand signals, one for the front seven, blitzes, rush gaps and the like and a second for secondary coverage. AFAIK, those stay mostly the same throughout the season, so if you know the signals for the different covers and blitzes, then you kinda have one up on the D and can make adjustments based on audibles.

I think it is a bigger deal then what it seems...
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

I like this quote!

"Goodell should make Belichick wear a three piece suit on the sideline for the rest of the season as punishment!!"

Less is always more
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I want to know how long they've been doing this. I seriously doubt this was an isolated incident.

Great coaching!
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Thank you NFL commisioner!

Bill Belichick the Patriots' coach escaped suspension for using a video camera to spy on opposing coaches, with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell deciding instead on Thursday night to fine him $500,000 and dock the team $250,000 and a first-day draft pick next year.

It was the biggest fine ever for a coach and the first time in NFL history a first-round draft pick has been confiscated as a penalty

Less is always more
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

They're docked a 1st round pick IF they make the playoffs.

If they don't...they lose a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

I love Roger Goodell.