Bush 4 more years?

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

jforbes
I Been Around
I Been Around

Bush 4 more years?

Post by jforbes »

Whose with me on this one folks. i think thrid times a charm. He deserves it and no that the democrats are in control of congress it will be great to see what happens.

Here are some great quotes from the DEM side of congress from a few years back.Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998 "If Saddam rejects peace, and we have to use force, our purpose is clear: We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

Nancy Pelosi > December 16, 1998 "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region, and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Ted Kennedy > September 27, 2002 "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Nancy Pelosi > October 10, 2002
"Yes, he has chemical weapons. Yes, he has biological weapons. He is trying to get nuclear weapons."

Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998
"We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st Century.... They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."

Senator John F. Kerry, January 23, 2003 at Georgetown University
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator; leading an oppressive regime he presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. So the threat of Sadaam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real."
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

No, thank you.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

HAHA! it's April 1st isn't it!?! You don't really mean that do you?

No.
No.
No.
NO!
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

But he doesn't support gay marriage so you wouldn't want him in there anyway forbes...

Chris
jforbes
I Been Around
I Been Around

Huh?

Post by jforbes »

You'd like to think so Chris. Now give me more notes so I can please play tetris.

PLEASE
please
PlEaSe
PLEase
Please
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

addict! No notes for you!

Chris
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

There's some sort of constitutional ammendment thingy that would prevent that... that and the voters.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

not to worry, the lib's are safe on this one!

Amendment XXII:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Less is always more
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

the Libs are safer with him in office. they get everything they want and still get to gripe about how "conservative" he is.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote:the Libs are safer with him in office. they get everything they want and still get to gripe about how "conservative" he is.
Well, not everything...we don't have stem cell research backing...give it a few weeks though. :)
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Morphine Child wrote:
bassjones wrote:the Libs are safer with him in office. they get everything they want and still get to gripe about how "conservative" he is.
Well, not everything...we don't have stem cell research backing...give it a few weeks though. :)
rebuttal of misnomer #1 about stem cell research. Bush does in fact back stem cell research, and has dedicated a lot of money to it. He does not however support EMBRYONIC stem cell research. BTW, not one cure has come from embryonic stem cell research, despite the billions we have spent on it, and every serious (non-political) researcher is doing their research on adult stem cells and cells procured from umbyllical cord blood of full-term babies - as a side note, I find it interesting that the most promising research comes from children at the moment of birth.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

Jonesy, where did you get the info that the most promising research comes from children at birth? Those cells are already differentiated...

Hey wbob, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice" doesn't apply to Dubya since he wasn't elected the first time he took office! *ka ching* :lol:
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Grindspine wrote:Jonesy, where did you get the info that the most promising research comes from children at birth? Those cells are already differentiated...

Hey wbob, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice" doesn't apply to Dubya since he wasn't elected the first time he took office! *ka ching* :lol:
We can thank the Electoral College and the wiseness of the
Supreme Court on that. As much I might not disagree with you
on "Dubya"(faults aplenty), if Uncle Al would've ended up in office,
imagine a ship without a rudder, sails or a crew in a bathtub
without any water. :lol: bu-dump dump!

Less is always more
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

Those cells are already differentiated...
If they are, they they are not "stem cells".
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

bassjones wrote:
Morphine Child wrote:
rebuttal of misnomer #1 about stem cell research. Bush does in fact back stem cell research, and has dedicated a lot of money to it. He does not however support EMBRYONIC stem cell research. BTW, not one cure has come from embryonic stem cell research, despite the billions we have spent on it, and every serious (non-political) researcher is doing their research on adult stem cells and cells procured from umbyllical cord blood of full-term babies - as a side note, I find it interesting that the most promising research comes from children at the moment of birth.
First off, I'll say oops for not clarifying myself...my bad. The thing about a complicated procedure such as using stem cells for the purposes we look to use them for, is that it may take a long time to make it happen. Just because it's something we may not understand for another 10 or 15 years does that mean we should abandon the research?

In order to get results out of something, it needs heavy research. Embryonic stem cell research is very limited. And in my mind there is a difference between a blastocyst and a human. Though I know (obviously) that Bush and a majority of other conservatives would disagree with me and that's a whole other issue.

Where are the results showing that adult and placenta stem cells have shown to be more productive and effective? I just ask because I want to read about it more in depth.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]