DEAN GUITARS BABY!!

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Thakid2u

Post by Thakid2u »

OUr Bass player has a Pace. While it's not a King Double Bass by any means, it plays great. Yes the electronics were changed, but other than that...It's great.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Thakid2u wrote:OUr Bass player has a Pace. While it's not a King Double Bass by any means, it plays great. Yes the electronics were changed, but other than that...It's great.
What electronics did he put in it? If I had the money, I'd rather get one of those NS electric uprights, but those things are ridiculous. Even the Czech made basses are crazy expensive and the USA made basses are around $6 G. OUCH! The Pace seems like a good, relatively cheap alternative, although there are some others that aren't bad if you can find them used.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Thakid2u

Post by Thakid2u »

I would be guessing if I said what he changed to, but I could find out pretty darn simple. I would buy one if I was a Up. Bassist. Then again, it depends what style music you play. If it's swing, well then only a real upright will work. Country, maybe it would slide. I see this as more of a Jazz type bass. That is in the aspect of looks and typical thinking. Soundwise, they sound pretty dang close...The only real tall tell sign is it sounds a bit more electric than just an acoustic that is micd or p/ud.
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Im not too sure how Dean bass sound, but I own 2 Dean MLs and they are by far the best guitars I have ever picked up!! ( Gibson who???? Fender what????) Of course I hot rodded the pickups in one of them, but my other one, is one of the high end models and needed nothing but some Fat ass strings and a great setup from B#.
DropListBass
Regular
Regular

Post by DropListBass »

Deans are for fa.gs!!! :evil:
If I knew it was going to be that kinnda party...Id stick my d@#* in the mashed potatoes!

DROP LIST IS NOW A FULL BAND!!!!!
Check us out:
http://www.myspace.com/droplist
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

How did I know you would say something like that! APE!!!
DropListBass
Regular
Regular

Post by DropListBass »

It was only a test to see how often you check this...apparently I caught you online!! Deans while not my thing soung really good if ya like the crunch!!
If I knew it was going to be that kinnda party...Id stick my d@#* in the mashed potatoes!

Check us out:
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Hey Kev Q me in, what makes a good bass. Is it basically like guitars.
DropListBass
Regular
Regular

Post by DropListBass »

Wow...thats a very hard question to answer...for lack of better explination I would say that the same basic quality issues apply. Electronics, material of the bass , hardware , and general craftsmanship are the generic answers for that question. I am no expert on this matter honestly. I know that there are some very, very expensive basses out there that I have not played....and to be honest cant for the life of me figure out how any retail bass could be worth 6 or 7 grand. Anyone else have a better answer for frodo?

Check us out:
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

A lot of the same issues, but it's harder to get great bass tone because of the low frequencies involved. The one thing that is true of bass players is they're willing to try new things. For guitar it's basically fenders, fender copies, gibson, gibson copies, ibanez, yamaha, PRS.

There are a ton of small bass companies and custom builders making a living at it and putting out some killer basses. MTD, Fodera, Modulus, Roscoe, Lakland, Mike Lull, F Basses, Stambaugh, LeCompte, Warwick (not small anymore), etc...

Same for bass amps. Guitar players seem stuck on Marshall, Fender, Peavey and a few small boutique amp builders. And they're all stuck on 12's. Bassists are open to new designs and speaker configurations, all in the quest for great tone.

Guitarists want to look cool. Bass players want to sound good. :lol:
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
MrsV

Post by MrsV »

kev, you said deans are fags...this coming from the guy with a green GLITTERY bass guitar!! hello?!!! ha ha ha.. 8)
check out the latest and greatest with Dean Guitars at www.deanguitars.com and don't forget to check out www.droplistband.com OR you can just check me out at www.myspace.com/mrsv865..more goodies coming soon to a board near you!
DropListBass
Regular
Regular

Post by DropListBass »

Yeah it is sexy isnt it!!! I got a 1000 bass with another 150 dollars of modifications with a 150 dollar case (1300 for the math impaired) for 400 dollars..I couldnt pass up the deal! Plust the dark green has grown to define who I am ...yeah!!

Check us out:
Thakid2u

Post by Thakid2u »

What about all the good basses? Rickenbacker, Hofner, Mosrite....
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Thakid2u wrote:What about all the good basses? Rickenbacker, Hofner, Mosrite....
I hope you're kidding...
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Thakid2u

Post by Thakid2u »

Kidding about what?