ROCK STAR: Supernova

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

ROCK STAR: Supernova

Post by The_Dude »

So, I admit...I watched this last night. My thoughts/opinions?

- Karaoke on national TV sucks just as bad as it does @ a local bar.
- Tommy Lee is a tool.
- Jason Newsted could morph into a demon at any time.
- The chick wearing the hood cracked me up. What a joke.
- Lukas Rassi (the last guy that performed - he did "Rebel Yell") will win this "competition" easily. I say "competion" because I really believe that the viewers have no say-so in the outcome whatsoever. If Tommy Lee doesn't agree with the viewers, do you really think he's going to settle for anything less than what he considers the best when it comes to a frontman/woman? I don't think so. In fact, I'm sure he wouldn't.
Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin_Taunt »

i think this show rocks!! I was hoping they would have done Van Halen or Blind Melon!!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Just like last year, the house band blows the snot out of the big name band. Those guys are sick. Way better than American Idol's house band.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
B.M.R

Post by B.M.R »

I haven't watched the show...but it looks terrible.
I GOT AN AWESOME SOUND
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I've clicked over a couple of times since the first episode, but that episode was the only episode I watched in full.

Anyone else keeping up with the show? Everytime I see someone singing, it reminds me of really really (BEYOND HORRIBLE) bad karaoke.

Is my prediction still holding up? Lukas Rassi or whatever his name is...
DropListBass
Regular
Regular

Post by DropListBass »

The show is not as good as it could be and yes it really is just a hyped up auditing process for the band. America really has little to do with the ultimate decision. Yes Tommy Lee is a huge tool. What little respect I had for him is now lost. Newstead is the fornicatin dude though. Clark has an ok head on his shoulders too. The house band is ver good too. Sometimes on the heavier stuff it feels a bit weak...but I think it is just how it comes across on live TV. as fer as a leader I think the Lukas guy will go far. He has the rockstar attitude...and I think Tommy wants to have sex with him.
If I knew it was going to be that kinnda party...Id stick my d@#* in the mashed potatoes!

DROP LIST IS NOW A FULL BAND!!!!!
Check us out:
http://www.myspace.com/droplist
charlesloco

Post by charlesloco »

i was a huge rockstar:inxs fan - they had a MUCH better group of people on that go round - plus when they had some great inxs songs to sing.

out of the 15 "rockers" i think like 5 of them are able to actually sing. 2 or 3 of them can "perform" and one guy, lucas, can actually do both...making him the clear winner.

most of the performances are so embarrassingly bad that i've got to put a pillow over my head so that i don't have to listen to it. i still watch the stupid show every week though, so that shows you how much of a tool i am.
Just like last year, the house band blows the snot out of the big name band. Those guys are sick. Way better than American Idol's house band.
all those guys have done big name tours with major label artists - they make the AI house band look like rank amateurs...comparing them to the bands they're covering though is like comparing apples to oranges.
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

So I've checked this show out a few times and some of of the singers really blow but the Ani DiFranco collides with Linda Perry chick sang "Time After Time" last night and it was incredible. Also, the six foot blonde knock out sang Drama Rama's "Marry Me" and freakin killed it with more stage presence than Mick Jagger. The girls on this show are edging the boys in my opinion.

The tiny little heroin looking dude with the dark hair and darker eyeliner is pretty good, but the other guys are not so great.

Anyway, if they don't pick the Ani meets Linda chick I will be really surprised.
man I love those certain things
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

i checked this out last night for the first time.. while the chicks were semi hot... i wasn't impressed with the talent much.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Myrddin
Regular
Regular

Post by Myrddin »

It's Rock turned into American Idol.....I turned it on for a minute and saw a guy butcher a Doors song and couldn't watch...Terrible....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/sharkmansix/jedimaster.jpg[/img]
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

I turned it on for a minute and saw a guy butcher a Doors song and couldn't watch...Terrible
A minute and one song is not enough to judge the entire show. I suggest watching an entire episode. Tues at 9 and Wed at 8 on CBS. There are some really bad singers on there for sure---really bad actually. But there are a few that are pretty damn sweet. If there are better chick singers that you know of than some of the girls on this show, please, where do they perfrom? I'd like to go and listen.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

doubleshot wrote:So I've checked this show out a few times and some of of the singers really blow but the Ani DiFranco collides with Linda Perry chick sang "Time After Time" last night and it was incredible.

Anyway, if they don't pick the Ani meets Linda chick I will be really surprised.
No kidding. From the very first show we thought right away "just go ahead and give it to her."
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

The other cool thing about a lot of these performers on this show is that they are actual performers---singer-songwriters who play live in various cities in bands or as solo perfomers. The same chick I mentioned---and the one OA mentions as well---did her own arrangement of JC's "Ring of Fire" two weeks ago and it was dope. Ando would have loved it. Or not.
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

i wonder what conley thinks about the show?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

I think I've found out why I wasn't a good fit. Can you see ME singing "Rebel Yell"? Definitely think I'd have a better shot at being the next "Barry Manilow".