Big John

Use this forum to start a thread about yourself. Please take the time to read to rules and regs before posting.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Big John

Post by Big John »

I am Juan Grande.

I'll fill in the rest lata'

....maybe???
jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

you wont. but that's why they call you Paradox Johnathon.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

He did make me some kickass limited edition Definitely Gary shirts! They're super-radical! 8)
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

ok here's the rest.

Like I said I am Juan Grande A.K.A. John Kaszowski. I was born in Richmond, Texas Dec. 26, 1982. Family moved around alot til finally ending up on America Rd. in Wabash, Indiana in 1988. Lived there for the next nine years taking care of all our pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, dogs, cats, and two horses. Attended Southwood Elementary and Southwood Jr./Sr. High School, Kindergarten to 7th Grade. After that we sold or slaughtered all the animals and ended up on Seminary Street in Roanoke, Indiana. Roanoke is possibly the lamest town in the history of towns. Attended Riverview Middle School then Huntington North High School at which I was pretty much a geek. Graduated 2001 with Indiana Academic Honors Diploma. The next day I moved out of the parents house and into my new hometown Fort Wayne. I started working at Rave Motion Pictures when they opened in November 2001. That's where I met Channel Two from Rupert Bomb and started getting involved with the Art Factory shows that they were putting on either by running the door, selling sodas, or passing out flyers. I also met Derek Kemp from Step Softly Ghost at Rave and started going to the shows he was having at his house also known as The Freedom House. I saw tons of awesome bands at both venues. I wanted to get more involved in the music scene though. So, the first thing I did was to help Step Softly Ghost produce their CD by fronting them tons o cash (all of which i got back plus extra), then I joined the band Rupert Bomb as their singer. My first show with them was the first show I have ever thrown and will go down in history as being the first ever Big John Fest. This was on December 7th, 2001. The bands that played included: The Sods, Rupert Bomb, The Clampdown, Step Softly Ghost, The Botanists, and The Lurking Corpses. I also gave a Playstaion 2 away at that show and had a licensed vendor selling alcohol and soda. Had a pretty good turnout of 158 people. After that I spent the next four years singing in Rupert Bomb. We had tons of fun and played tons of shows including one of Fort Wayne Music's showcases. After the Art Factory and the Freedom House shut down the all ages scene almost died all together. After a year or so of no venues I started throwing shows at my house. Most of my shows were very diverse with bands from several types of genres together. Threw tons of shows there at the cost of things getting broken and stolen. The breaking pointe was receiving two $500 fines for noise violations. After that tried throwing a few shows at the Munchie Emporium on Dupont Road, but things were not working out. Fort Wayne would again be without an all ages venue that supported all genres of music. After that I kinda gave up on the whole throwing shows thing and formed Burning Trash Productions with the rest of the Rupert Bomb. Turned out to be a disaster. We lost literally thousands of dollars, caused a lot of turmoil between me and the rest of the band. Eventually, I started a new band Rehab After Party with Derek, Dustin, and Brandon. Soon after i was ejected from Rupert Bomb due to my lack of interest. I started doing shirts with Jarod at Arson Press for decent prices. Rahab is rocking solid and is about to explode onto the fort wayne music scene. We have a couple shows lined up soon and will be taking part in this years battle of the bands. Couldn't ask for a funner band to be in. Be sure to keep an eye out and come by a show. Check out our myspace site: http://myspace.com/rehabafterparty

That pretty much puts you up to date. You can find me at the Brass Rail a lot. I work at http://tms-wholesale.com in the office answering emails, posting new items, and supervising the warehouse. We're pretty much an online retail store. tons of different stuff. we're going to be doing more extreme sports type stuff in the future. Right now we sell a lot of paitball supplies and sponsor a paintball team here in town.
b_pizzle

Post by b_pizzle »

I was saying the other day how much I miss the Art Factory.
Last week's top 10 on my iTunes:
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/keyboardd/artists/b_pizzle.gif[/img]
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

it's totally gone now. kind of insane.
Scrudge Bucket
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Scrudge Bucket »

Gone, as in torn down? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wtfz?
[b]"I can hear the sounds of laughter, could it be they're laughing at me?"[/b]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lynchsavio][b]CLICK, HEAR[/b][/url]
jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

Ewww academic honours?! Core 40 is where it was at! Obviously they over-emphasized the importance of it ("businesses will want to see it on your resume"), but sh*t! you could get forking D's and they'd still love you. It's like being raised by hippies.

sorry it didn't work with rupert bomb, i liked that band.
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

see me this weekend

WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

I also met Derek Kemp from Step Softly Ghost at Rave and started going to the shows he was having at his house also known as The Freedom House. So, the first thing I did was to help Step Softly Ghost produce their CD
Got the CD, cause that's my nephew.

Less is always more