Bassists: Get a Bassbone!

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Bassists: Get a Bassbone!

Post by bassjones »

I picked one up two weeks ago. This little thing is incredible! I constantly switch back and forth from a fretted, dual humbucker, very hot, active 5-string to a fretless, jazz style, active (but not as hot) 6-string and was constantly having to adjust my amp every time I switched basses. Worse was playing at church and having to rely on the soundman to make the adjustments (we run strictly direct, no amps on stage, in-ear monitors).

With this, I set two different e.q. settings, set two different output levels, plug both basses in, and all I have to do when switching basses is step on a button. It's also got a boost/effects loop for soloing, or just using effects (you can set it for loop, boost, or both), and since it's a radial product has one of the best direct outs I've ever used, and that includes Countryman, Avalon, etc...

I'm told they're great for upright/electric doublers too.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Groovy!

Would it work for guitar players who switch between 'buckers and single coils through the night, too, or is it "bass optimized?"
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

It's definitely bass optimized. They do make one for guitar too though. I can't remember the name, but one of the Radial Tonebone series pedals.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.