She had a 20-under

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

She had a 20-under

Post by vv1122365 »

PITTSBURGH -- Cole Hamels insists that leading the major leagues in losses doesnt bother him and he has been able to keep a positive attitude in the most difficult season of his eight-year career. "Ive played a lot of baseball and Ive pitched in a lot of games, and I know Im going to play a lot more baseball and pitch in a lot more games," Hamels said. "I know that my record is just kind of blip on the radar and you have to be who you are." Hamels looked more like a former World Series MVP on Thursday as he pitched seven strong innings, Carlos Ruiz hit a tiebreaking single and the Phillies beat Gerrit Cole and the Pittsburgh Pirates 6-4 Thursday. Hamels (3-11) gave up one earned run and five hits, striking out eight without a walk. He won for the first time since June 5. "It was being able to get back to what I know, which is establish the strike zone early then throw all my pitches," Hamels said. "Ultimately, it was staying down in the zone. Thats where Ive got hurt in the past, I get guys where I want them and not able to finish them off because Im getting too many balls up in the zone." Cole (4-1) lost for the first time in the majors after becoming the first Pirates pitcher to win his first four career starts since Nick Maddox in 1907. Cole allowed three runs and eight hits in 5 1-3 innings. "I thought he pitched well," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "Hes a 22-year-old young man. Hes still learning, continuing to grow. Hes fun to watch." Hamels received some rare support as the Phillies have scored just 22 runs in his 11 losses. Ben Revere had three of the Phillies 13 hits and two RBIs. Ruiz, Jimmy Rollins and Delmon Young each had two hits. "Its not so much the raw number of hits you have but what you get them," Young said. "We were playing the best team in baseball with the Pirates. Their pitching has been outstanding and their offence has been lagging but theyre winning because they hit in the clutch. Thats what we did today, and what we need to continue to do." Jonathan Papelbon worked a perfect ninth inning for his 17th save in 21 opportunities. Ruizs two-run single came off Vin Mazzaro in the middle of a four-run sixth inning in which Cole was chased. Ruiz, who sat out the first 25 games of the season after being suspended by Major League Baseball for testing positive for a banned stimulant, had driven in just four runs all year prior to Thursday. Cole was removed after Ryan Howard walked with one out and Domonic Brown followed with a single. Mazzaro, who had not allowed any of his 12 inherited runners to score this season, came on and gave up three straight singles. Youngs hit loaded the bases and Kevin Frandsens single tied it before Ruiz hit a liner to centre to score Brown and Young and put Philadelphia ahead. Revere capped the inning by driving in a run with a grounder. "The Pirates have a really good bullpen but I think it made a difference when we were able to get Cole out of the game," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "Hes a good pitcher now and hes going to be a real good pitcher. He was tough." Both teams complained about home plate umpire Chris Conroys strike zone and Cole seemed particularly upset after the walk to Howard, though he stopped short of being critical when asked about some close calls during that at-bat. "I made a couple of pitches on the black (of the plate) but those pitches can go either way depending on the judgment, Cole said. "I felt I made a couple of quality pitches." Pinch-hitter Michael Youngs sacrifice fly in the eighth extended the Phillies lead to 6-2. The Pirates scored twice in the eighth on a pinch-hit RBI single by Garrett Jones and a double-play grounder by Andrew McCutchen. McCutchens two-run double in the third opened the scoring. The Phillies cut the deficit to 2-1 on Reveres RBI single in the fifth. Starling Marte and Jose Tabata each had two hits for Pittsburgh, which has the best record in the majors, but has lost two of three since a nine-game winning streak. Marte ran his hitting streak to nine games. Philadelphia won for just the 10th time in 25 games as it avoided dropping to a season-worst six games below .500. The Phillies won a series in Pittsburgh for the first time since 2008. NOTES: Pittsburgh RHP A.J. Burnett is likely to come off the disabled list Sunday and start against the Cubs at Chicago, though Pirates manager Clint Hurdle would prefer the veteran make one minor league rehab start. Burnett, who has been out since June 9 with a strained right calf, insists he does not need to go on a rehab assignment. ... Manuel said he will rest Howard against certain left-handed starters but will not use him in a strict platoon with right-handed hitting John Mayberry Jr. ... Pirates SS Jordy Mercer got the day off after going 1 for 9 in the first two games of the series and making an error on Wednesday night that allowed a run to score. ... The Pirates open their three-game series with the Cubs on Friday with LHP Francisco Liriano (7-3, 2.23) pitching against RHP Jeff Samardzija (5-7, 3.34) ... The Phillies open a three-game home series with Atlanta on Friday night as LHP Cliff Lee (9-2, 2.59) faces RHP Tim Hudson (4-7, 4.22). Jordan 13 Shoes China . Belfort was originally schedule to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24, but a Nevada State Athletic Commission ban on testosterone replacement therapy forced the former light heavyweight champ to withdraw. Cheap Air Jordan Retro 13 . The top-ranked Spaniard won his fourth Madrid Open on Sunday after Kei Nishikori was forced to withdraw with a hip injury when trailing 2-6, 6-4, 3-0 in the final. And Nadal, who is coming off to uncharacteristic quarterfinal losses on clay, said his mental strength is still lacking just two weeks ahead of the French Open. http://www.wholesaleairjordan13.com/ . The appointment of Boullier continues the behind-the-scenes restructuring at McLaren, who recently brought back former team principal Ron Dennis as its new chief executive. Cheap Jordan 13 Wholesale . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a course-record 10-under 62 on Wednesday to take the first-round lead in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap Air Jordan 13 . CNN and Gazzetta dello Sport reporter Tancredi Palmeri broke the news via Twitter Tuesday afternoon. Italian Football Association President Giancarlo Abete has also resigned, according to Palmeri.DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Jaye Marie Green pushed her lead to seven strokes Friday in the LPGA Tour qualifying tournament and Mi Rim Lee jumped to second with a course-record round. The 19-year-old Green, from Boca Raton, birdied the final two holes for a bogey-free 6-under 66 in windy conditions on LPGA Internationals Jones Course. She had a 20-under 196 total, a record for three rounds since the event became a 90-hole event. "I think being where I was at 14 under to start the day, I was like, OK, just make it through the day. Lets put that behind you," Green said. "My goal was to get to 20 under before Sunday and it was cool that I did that today. So, that was nice." The 23-year-old Lee, from South Korea, had a 61 to break the Jones Course record of 62 that Green set Wednesday. Tied for 25th entering the day, Lee had an eagle, 10 birdies and a bogey. "Putter was good today," said Lee, a regular on the Korean LPGA who won the 2012 Korean Womens Open. "First day and second day, not so much. I hit some really close for tap-ins. It was nice." The top 20 after the final round Sunday will earn Cattegory 12 status, Nos.dddddddddddd 21-45 and ties will receive membership in Category 17, and the other players who make the 72-hole cut will get Symetra Tour status. Green was 29th on the Symetra Tour money list this year. Tiffany Joh was third at 10 under after a 70 on the Jones Course. "One of my first Q-schools I think it was sleeting in the final round," Joh said. "You just never know what youre going to get this week. You just kind of have to go out there and not put too many expectations on yourself as far as numbers go and just try to do the best you can." Amy Anderson, the 21-year-old former North Dakota State star who won a record 20 college titles, was 9 under after a 70 on the Jones Course. South Koreas Seon Hwa Lee, a four-time winner on the LPGA Tour, and Kathleen Ekey were 8 under. Lee had a 72, and Ekey shot 69 -- both on the Jones Course. Lorie Kane, the 48-year-old Canadian who has four LPGA Tour victories, was tied for 58th at 2 over after a 73 on the Jones Course. Cheyenne Woods, Tiger Woods niece, also shot a 73 on the Jones Course. She was tied for 107th at 7 over. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '