RIP Larry Norman

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

RIP Larry Norman

Post by bassjones »

I know most of you don't know who he is and don't care, but he was one of the pioneers of the Jesus People movement and authored "Wish We'd All Been Ready" and "Why Should the Devil Have all the Good Music?". A truly wonderful man too. He passed away Sunday. "A good day to die."
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

I had some Larry records - Only Visiting This Planet and In Another Land - and they were good records, especially the latter. Saw him solo at Calvary Temple once, and he shocked the crowd by making fun of their "throne check" Christianity, which I appreciated.

He was one of the few real artists working in Christian rock, IMO.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

indeed. very real person too. no b.s. "flaws and all, this is who I am" kind of person. I always liked Rich Mullins allot too because he wasn't afraid of challenging people's assumptions. Like a real artist should.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

OMG! Larry Norman dead?
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."