Is this a bunch of crap??

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Is this a bunch of crap??

Post by Austin_Taunt »

Saw a link for this website. Seems way too good to be true.

http://www.musoland.com.cn/list.asp?ProdId=0850

If anyone has a few hundred they are willing to put up go right ahead and let me know how it turns out. Prolly just a paypal scam!!
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

These are Chinese fakes, which are flooding into the country right now, largely through eBay. As guitars, they suck in ways that nothing has ever sucked before.
Aero
Regular
Regular

Post by Aero »

If you want GOOD cheap foreign guitars (in this case, Korean), go to http://www.rondomusic.net

They have some very nice finishes on their LP knockoffs and you will get a lot better quality than Epiphone and pay a lot less.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

Silencio wrote: Chinese fakes are flooding into the country right now, largely through eBay. As guitars, they suck in ways that nothing has ever sucked before.
A wrote:

added=

don't forking buy them!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

If you want a decent cheap Gibson LP, buy a higher end Epiphone. While some high-end builders are having much success with the introduction of cheaper Korean made versions of their instruments (G&L's tribute line is amazing for the $$), these things are complete crap.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Best Korean guitar: PRS SE's. I paid $299 for my SE Soapbar II (four day sale at GC), and I would have chosen it over the Gibson DC's I played the same day even if they'd been the same price, no kidding. PRS SE's destroy all monsters.

The Rondo/Agile guitars make a fine platform for modding, but I don't know if any of them are what you'd call "great" right out of the box. Are you a soldering-iron tweaker? Go for it.
lbanks
Regular
Regular

Post by lbanks »

Silencio wrote:The Rondo/Agile guitars make a fine platform for modding, but I don't know if any of them are what you'd call "great" right out of the box. Are you a soldering-iron tweaker? Go for it.
Not great, but damn good for the money. I've had a couple. :)
What!
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

COINCEDENCE?

http://www.indianapolismusic.net/indyBB ... highlight=

Austin , are you trolling the Indy boards too?

Prolly a scam

...Prolly
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Hey, how 'bout that... this IS a buncha crap.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Best Korean guitar: PRS SE's. I paid $299 for my SE Soapbar II (four day sale at GC), and I would have chosen it over the Gibson DC's I played the same day even if they'd been the same price, no kidding. PRS SE's destroy all monsters.
I would vote for the G&L Tribute line. Same hardware and electronics as the USA models and final setup at the American factory. Cheaper wood, cheaper paint job, not quite as good fretwork (not bad though), sound amazing, for a lot less money. If I weren't getting ready to switch to 6-string basses for live work, I'd probably get a Tribute L2500 for a backup, but it looks like my USA L-2500 will be moving to backup status.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

You know, I've met ol' Steve, back when he was just the "artist in residence" at the Hyatt in Scottsdale. What a lucky bastard THAT guy is.
=^-..-^=
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Post by =^-..-^= »

I have to say that I've played a couple of the Epiphone mandos at GC, and my Chinese knockoff (Old Hickory brand) plays and sounds a lot better than the Epi's.
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."
Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin_Taunt »

Oliver's Army wrote:
Austin , are you trolling the Indy boards too?
Yeah. I get on those boards all the time. Ive bought alot of gear and recorded a quite a few bands from Indy. I also get on the lafayette board too. What exactly is trolling??