marching with Radiohead

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

marching with Radiohead

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ljx-2fDixA

This is kinda silly....and at the same time very impressive.

I was never in marching band, but I still find this to be pretty cool.

Make sure you get through the first 1:00....it is pure bliss to listen to after that. HAHA! enjoy.
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

Proof that no one should go to Arizona for a music degree. Their Intonation was horrid! Fun Idea, but I didn't like the arrangement either. The drumline parts sucked and the low brass sounded like they were just trying to see who could play the loudest (hence the wicked awful intonation!). I think Radiohead must have cried a little when they saw this. :cry:
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

Great idea, but some pretty sour notes if you ask me. I made the funky face, but not in that good way.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

geez....lighten up! It's just a marching band playing OK Computer....I didn't think anyone would take it that serious.

"Radiohead must have cried a little".....hell, if a college marching band chose to perform my songs (no matter how sh*tty it was) I'd feel honored.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

7WetCigarettes wrote:"Radiohead must have cried a little".....hell, if a college marching band chose to perform my songs (no matter how sh*tty it was) I'd feel honored.

Its a major state university, thay put a lot of money into that program, the least they could do is be in tune.
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

^
Amen to that!

I'm all for marching band doing cool stuff like Radiohead. When I was in college, we did Frank Zappa, Chicago, The Beatles, Blood Sweat and Tears, Tower of Power, The Edgar Winter Group and Mannheim Steamroller to name a few. Putting that kind of music on the field is great, especially for the people in the stands, but not when it's played like crap. I'm sure anyone would like their stuff covered by a marching band. I'm sure they'd like it more if it were played well.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

sorry...I just enjoy the novelty one of my favorite albums being played in that format. I wasn't really concentrating on the performance of the piece.

If they had recorded this as a cover album (bad idea) I think I would've picked apart as well.