ROCK STAR: Supernova

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

Tommy Lee was the drug addled asshat...
Tommy never had the heroin habit that Mars and Sixx had. He and Neil were just alcoholics as far as I remember. You know, the "legal" addicts.
man I love those certain things
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

The thought that all 3 of these guys are 100% sober/clean is laughable.
Myrddin
Regular
Regular

Post by Myrddin »

The_Dude wrote:The thought that all 3 of these guys are 100% sober/clean is laughable.
I think it's a shame that Rock has become wussified.....I mean seriously what happened to the good ol' days when musicians would OD or die in some sort of aircraft accident....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/sharkmansix/jedimaster.jpg[/img]
doubleshot
Regular
Regular

Post by doubleshot »

good ol' days when musicians would OD or die in some sort of aircraft accident
The hard drugs have fallen out of fashion and the air travel has gotten a bit safer with improved technology and lessons learned from the past---don't overstuff the plane, forget to check the oil level, or hire a hack pilot with a drinking problem.
man I love those certain things
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

...the day.... the muuuuuuusic died.
Myrddin
Regular
Regular

Post by Myrddin »

doubleshot wrote:
good ol' days when musicians would OD or die in some sort of aircraft accident
The hard drugs have fallen out of fashion and the air travel has gotten a bit safer with improved technology and lessons learned from the past---don't overstuff the plane, forget to check the oil level, or hire a hack pilot with a drinking problem.
You just had to take the magic out of it........ :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/sharkmansix/jedimaster.jpg[/img]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Toby
Magni
Lukas
Dilana

Dilana was "in the lead" when they announced the early results last night with Toby in 2nd, Lukas in 3rd and Magni (who biffed it hardcore with his performance(s) last night) bringing up the rear.

Toby's original song drives me nuts. DUMB.

Magni = horrible last night. It's going to cost him. He'll be the first to go tonight.

Dilana...she runs around like someone shoved a hot sauce coated M80 up her ass. Her voice rocks but it's too 80's sounding for me. Not saying that she sounds like she's from the 80's but it just reminds me of an 80's band.

Lukas...last night's cover of "Fix You" by Coldplay was solid. His original song (he played acoustic) wasn't so good, I didnt think.

In summation...my money is still on Lukas. He owns the stage every time he performs.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

adam atherton wrote:i've been watching sporadically. i dont think lucas is going to cut it. i also dont think they're going for a female.

right now, my $ is on the aussie guy.
i'm still standing behind this...
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Lukas is an anti-social headcase. He wont last long on the road and he wont look you in the eye. He is high maintenance, selfish onstage and standoffish. He would suck in interviews and under pressure. After a few songs his faux-falsetto gets annoying.

Dilana still rocks. Her mid-season bitchfest will kill her in the end. I think it would be cool to see them pick the chick, but they wont. Her softening of her hard-ass look and the rendition of Roxeanne helped her a lot.

Magni - I think he kicked the crap outa of 'Hush'. His original is 'meh'. I think he can be a little vanilla but at this point his voice is tight. He might pull this off but I think my money is on...

Toby - to win. He does have voice, even if it is a bit radio redundant. But in the Grand Scheme? He has the chops, he has the look, he has the personality, he can write a decent song, he would be fun to be around on the road, he would work well in interviews, and chicks dig him.
Krieves
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Krieves »

I hate admit that I've been following the show. But I think Dilana has the strongest voice (although she seems to be self-centered b*tch). My wife says Lukas looks too much like Eddie Munster to get the final nod. :)
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

Krieves wrote: Lukas looks too much like Eddie Munster
oh, MAN is that true. never put them together until you said that....
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I still think Magni's voice fits the band best. He's a total hard rock/metal singer - plus he's from Iceland, which just screams "metal" to me. Yes, his original was weak, but do you really think he's going to be doing that much writing with those guys?

Lukas sounds far too much like a Thom Yorke (only without the chops) wannabe for any band with Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newstead.

Toby doesn't work for me either - at least with that band, although I think he's the best front man/singer of the final 4. He should have been on last year, in which case he would be fronting INXS right now.

Dilana can flat out belt out a rock song. I think Tommy's got a bit of a rock-star crush on her too. My money is on her or Magni.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Krieves
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Krieves »

Those would be my preferences. We'll know something pretty shortly.
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

Lucas won. Dilana was second.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I really think they made the wrong choice - for their band anyway. I just don't like the fit. And I reiterate, Toby would have obliterated JD from last year and would be singing for INXS right now instead of going home.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.