sent to Edmonton

Post your favorite music videos here.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

sent to Edmonton

Post by vv1122365 »

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers arent ruling out Aaron Rodgers for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons even though the star quarterback hasnt yet been medically cleared to play since breaking his left collarbone a month ago. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that Rodgers will practice Wednesday in a limited fashion but that backup Matt Flynn would take the snaps with the starters. "Aaron wants to play, theres no question about it," McCarthy said Tuesday. "But its a medical situation. He has a clear understanding where he is as far as the process of getting back on the field. He feels good, and were going to see what he can do tomorrow." Speaking on his weekly radio show Tuesday night, Rodgers confirmed that he had an X-ray and CT scan earlier in the day and acknowledged that the outlook wasnt as promising as hed hoped when he met with team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie. "I saw the X-rays and scan," Rodgers said. "Were now four weeks and one day from my fracture. Ive made a lot of progress. A lot of it is just the bone healing. Bone takes three to six weeks to heal. We all hoped wed be on the short end of that. "I trust Doc McKenzie. When Im ready to play and everyone is on board, then Im going to play," he added. "After we sat down Tuesday, I havent had that full clearance. Im not ruling myself out. I know theres a rush to get back out there. I feel it internally, but also externally. I desperately want to be out there, but it has to look good." The Packers enter Sundays game at 5-6-1 and are 0-4-1 since Rodgers was injured on the opening series of their loss to the Chicago Bears on Nov. 4. Theyve gone from 5-2 and on a four-game winning streak to needing to win their final four games and get some help to qualify for the playoffs for the fifth straight year. "Ultimately, Im not going to be able to play if I dont get medically cleared," Rodgers said. Amid reports the team might shut Rodgers down if the team was out of playoff contention, McCarthy denied such a discussion has occurred. "There has been no internal conversation about shutting Aaron Rodgers down," McCarthy said. "Aaron wants to play. When hes healthy, hell be given the opportunity to play." If Rodgers is not medically cleared to face the Falcons, Flynn is set to make his second straight start. In Thursdays 40-10 Thanksgiving Day loss to the Detroit Lions, Flynn completed only 10 of 20 passes for 139 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. He was sacked seven times, including once for a safety. He also lost a fumble on a centre exchange. Flynn took over when McCarthy benched Scott Tolzien during a 26-26 tie with the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 24, when Flynn rallied the Packers from a 23-7 fourth-quarter deficit. Asked why he would go with Flynn over Tolzien, who took over for an injured Seneca Wallace against Philadelphia on Nov. 10 and started the teams Nov. 17 loss to the New York Giants, McCarthy cited Flynns experience. While he didnt sign with the team until Nov. 12, Flynn was Rodgers primary backup from 2008 through 2011. "We just think Matts further along as far as game experience and just a little more comfortable in the system," McCarthy said. "Scotts worked extremely hard. Frankly for both Scott and Matt, Scott really had one week of full reps to get ready for the Giants game. This will be Matts first opportunity to get a full week of reps getting ready for Atlanta game. Thats what you have to look at. "Talking even with Aaron today about trying to maybe get him ready also, to get him a chance to come back (the question) is how do you balance that out? Because at the end of the day, we have to make sure our quarterback is ready to play." NOTES: The Packers officially announced the signing of running back Kahlil Bell, who worked out for the team on Monday. To clear a spot for him on the roster, the team released second-year safety Jerron McMillian, a fourth-round pick out of Maine last year. McMillian went into training camp competing with M.D. Jennings for the starting safety job opposite veteran Morgan Burnett. He made two crucial errors at the end of the teams Oct. 13 victory over Baltimore and has been playing almost exclusively on special teams ever since. "His individual performance, it just wasnt quite what it needed to be this year," McCarthy said. "You never want to give up on a young guy." . The Packers have four safeties left on their roster: Burnett, Jennings, Chris Banjo and Sean Richardson, who was activated from the physically unable to perform list last month. . McCarthy sounded encouraged about centre Evan Dietrich-Smith, who left Thursdays game with a knee injury. Dietrich-Smith also injured his knee Nov. 10 against the Eagles. "He feels that the time off really helped him. Im hopeful that hell practice tomorrow," McCarthy said. White Sox Lucas Giolito Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. White Sox Rob Scahill Jersey . Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack. http://www.cheapwhitesoxjerseysauthentic.com/ .com) - The Atlanta Hawks have stepped up to every challenge during their 14-game winning streak and will face another daunting task Friday with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder in town. White Sox Luke Appling Jersey .com) - SirDominic Pointer posted career highs of 24 points and seven steals to lead No. White Sox Miguel Gonzalez Jersey . Lynchs attorney, Ivan Golde, told The Associated Press on Thursday of the plea deal that was reached with the Alameda County District Attorney Office. The plea will be formally entered in court in Oakland, Calif.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild traded for goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov on Tuesday in conjunction with their decision to shut down ailing veteran Niklas Backstrom. The Wild sent a fourth-round draft pick to Edmonton to complete the deal one day before the NHL trade deadline. General manager Chuck Fletcher said the team must assume that neither Backstrom nor Josh Harding will be healthy enough to mind the net again this season. Rookie Darcy Kuemper has been stellar in their absence, but with a finishing stretch of 20 games in 37 days starting Saturday, hes not enough. "We have a lot of work ahead of us to get where we want to get to, but clearly having two quality goaltenders was very important," Fletcher said. Kuemper has started 15 straight games, so Bryzgalov is more for insurance, though hes certain to have his time, too. The Wild are 14-4-2 in 2014 and in firm control of the first wild-card spot in the Western Conference playoff race. "I will do my job as best I can. Making the decisions on who is supposed to play is not my job," Bryzgalov said on a conference call. He added: "I look at this as a great opportunity for me to play, and yeah its like a new challenge." Backstrom has been bothered by injuries all season, most notably to his midsection that will probably prompt surgery, and the 36-year-old has a career-worst 3.02 goals-against average over 21 games. Fletcher told him Monday of their preference to hold him out until training camp. "His pain threshold is tremendous," Fletcher said. "Hes a competitive guy and I know hes really disappointed because the team has taken a really strong step the last couple months. Hes been through some of the lean times, and I know he wants to be a part of it but our goal for Nik is to get him healthy." Harding was superb early in the season, but the 2013 Masterton Trophy winner -- for sportsmanship, dedication and perseverance -- has not played at all in 2014 due to illness related to medication for multiple sclerosis. With not much more than a month left in the regular season and Harding not yet ready to resume skating, Fletcher said hes probably finished until the fall, ttoo.dddddddddddd The search for a replacement intensified in the last couple of days. Martin Brodeur and Jaroslav Halak also were potentially available via trade, but their price was far higher than what it took to nab Bryzgalov. The 33-year-old Russian has a 5-8-5 record in 20 games for the Oilers this season, with an ugly 3.01 goals-against average. Hes on an expiring contract, a requirement for the Wild. This is a rental, plain and simple. Thats largely because Kuemper has tied a Wild rookie record with 11 wins and since Jan. 7 has a 1.70 GAA with two shutouts and a .939 save percentage. "Weve always felt hed be a very good No. 1 goalie down the road, and we just didnt realize down the road would mean this January and February," Fletcher said. The pick sent to Edmonton was originally acquired last year from Buffalo in the trade that brought first-line right wing Jason Pominville to Minnesota. Bryzgalov has 38 games of playoff experience over five postseasons with Anaheim, Phoenix and Philadelphia, including three stellar starts against the Wild in the Western Conference quarterfinals in 2007. He stopped 73 of 77 shots in the first three games of that series, all Ducks victories. Bryzgalov struggled in defeat in the next game, Jean-Sebastien Giguere replaced him thereafter and the Ducks went on to win the Stanley Cup. Bryzgalovs career record is 213-157-50, including a 42-20-6 mark for the Coyotes during the 2009-10 season, his best in the NHL. He had a 2.29 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage. Then came his ill-fated time in Philadelphia. The Flyers signed him to a $51 million, nine-year contract in 2011 and used a salary-cap compliance buyout to release him last June, just two seasons into the megadeal. General manager Paul Holmgren said then the contract was "a costly mistake." Bryzgalov didnt sign with the Oilers until last November. After signing goalie Ben Scrivens to a two-year contract extension last week, the Oilers took their first step away from Bryzgalov. Then they acquired goalie Viktor Fasth from Anaheim on Tuesday for a fifth-round draft pick this summer and a third-round selection in 2015. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '