Tron: Legacy 3D

Review your favorite new releases or even a classic.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Tron: Legacy 3D

Post by deek »

While I didn't read any reviews going into the movie, I did have half a thought that the movie wouldn't be as awesome as I really wanted it to. But, since I had the afternoon off work and a free movie pass to burn, I decided to check this out.

I opted for 3D as I wasn't paying for my own ticket and the last couple of 3D movies I have seen (Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3) were pretty good. Disney tried a Wizard of Oz tactic by showing the first part of the movie in 2D and when we hit the "grid" we are in 3D. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of 3D effects I noticed. Now, that could be a good thing as the 3D wasn't used gimmicky, but since this was only my third 3D movie, I am still kind of wanting a little bit of something shooting out of the screen at me, but I digress.

The visuals were top-notch, as I would have expected, but everything else was downhill. The plot was pretty flat and at times, just dragged on and on. It seemed like all of the major challenges and conflicts for the protagonists were barely obstacles to their end goal. It made for pedestrian action scenes and left me wanting a whole lot more going on.

And because the characters were fairly shallow, there was no real connection made with them. By the time the movie was over, I was ready to go and noted that like most movie endings of recent vintage, there was an opening for a sequel. Oddly enough, I'd be interested in a sequel, but only if the plot is much better written.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]