It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:34 pm 
Offline
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:22 pm
Posts: 6724
Location: Fort Wayne
kimaliz wrote:
The thing to think about too is that those people that were smoking by the kitchen could have been regulars, aka consistent money. How often do you drop your paycheck at Mid City (that was an honest question, not sarcasm because I dont know).


I hope you're not implying that it justifies being rude to a new customer who could be a potential regular and bring other friends as well.

Yes, you should protect your current regulars to some extent, but that extent ends right on the other side of losing potential new business in my opinion. Good customer service does not include practices that alienate or offend new customers.

_________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary. . .

. . .and those who don't.

http://www.garrmusic.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:50 pm 
Offline
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 am
Posts: 5678
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Garr wrote:
kimaliz wrote:
The thing to think about too is that those people that were smoking by the kitchen could have been regulars, aka consistent money. How often do you drop your paycheck at Mid City (that was an honest question, not sarcasm because I dont know).


I hope you're not implying that it justifies being rude to a new customer who could be a potential regular and bring other friends as well.

Yes, you should protect your current regulars to some extent, but that extent ends right on the other side of losing potential new business in my opinion. Good customer service does not include practices that alienate or offend new customers.


Not justifying anything just bringing a point up. I believe that was a good possibilty.

_________________
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:23 pm 
Offline
FEED ME!
FEED ME!

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:22 am
Posts: 1431
Location: Rockin' the CatBox
deek wrote:
While I don't necessarily agree with the smoking ban, since when is it anyone's right to choose to obey/disobey laws and/or ordinances as they see fit?


YEAH! I wish someone woulda' told Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King that – stupid troublemakers!!!

_________________
"Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without giving him time to pray." -Mark Twain

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist."
Ayn Rand

". . .and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:19 pm 
Offline
RockStar
RockStar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:01 pm
Posts: 648
Location: fort wayne
=^-..-^= wrote:
deek wrote:
While I don't necessarily agree with the smoking ban, since when is it anyone's right to choose to obey/disobey laws and/or ordinances as they see fit?


YEAH! I wish someone woulda' told Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King that – stupid troublemakers!!!


I'm gonna have to go with a HUGE difference between disobeying a smoking ordinance, and civil rights, and the independence of a nation.

As for Mid City I have been in there a handful of times, and got pretty sh*tty service, its as if your not a regular your money is sh*t.

Quote:
Not all bars allowed smoking. If someone wanted to drink at a bar without smoke, those places were readily available to them in restaurant bars per the previous ban.


This simply isn't true their were No bars in the conventional sense that was smoke free. You can't go to a restaurant bar and tie on a good one because they close early, management will cut you off quick and it is just weird to party at a restaurant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:31 pm 
Offline
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 am
Posts: 5678
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
poopstains wrote:
=^-..-^= wrote:
deek wrote:
While I don't necessarily agree with the smoking ban, since when is it anyone's right to choose to obey/disobey laws and/or ordinances as they see fit?


YEAH! I wish someone woulda' told Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King that – stupid troublemakers!!!


I'm gonna have to go with a HUGE difference between disobeying a smoking ordinance, and civil rights, and the independence of a nation.

As for Mid City I have been in there a handful of times, and got pretty sh*tty service, its as if your not a regular your money is sh*t.

Quote:
Not all bars allowed smoking. If someone wanted to drink at a bar without smoke, those places were readily available to them in restaurant bars per the previous ban.


This simply isn't true their were No bars in the conventional sense that was smoke free. You can't go to a restaurant bar and tie on a good one because they close early, management will cut you off quick and it is just weird to party at a restaurant


My point was you had a place to drink. Plus, how does it feel when you cant do what you want in an establishment. You get mad that they would cut you off or close early, why is that any different then me getting upset that I cant enjoy a smoke with my drink? Sad thing is that in my case it isnt even the establishment, most of them would prefer to keep the smoking clients.

As to Mid city, yes they treat the regs better. I used to hangout there a lot and I saw that.

_________________
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:37 am 
Offline
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 1838
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
kimaliz wrote:
poopstains wrote:
=^-..-^= wrote:
deek wrote:
While I don't necessarily agree with the smoking ban, since when is it anyone's right to choose to obey/disobey laws and/or ordinances as they see fit?


YEAH! I wish someone woulda' told Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King that – stupid troublemakers!!!


I'm gonna have to go with a HUGE difference between disobeying a smoking ordinance, and civil rights, and the independence of a nation.

As for Mid City I have been in there a handful of times, and got pretty sh*tty service, its as if your not a regular your money is sh*t.

Quote:
Not all bars allowed smoking. If someone wanted to drink at a bar without smoke, those places were readily available to them in restaurant bars per the previous ban.


This simply isn't true their were No bars in the conventional sense that was smoke free. You can't go to a restaurant bar and tie on a good one because they close early, management will cut you off quick and it is just weird to party at a restaurant


My point was you had a place to drink. Plus, how does it feel when you cant do what you want in an establishment. You get mad that they would cut you off or close early, why is that any different then me getting upset that I cant enjoy a smoke with my drink? Sad thing is that in my case it isnt even the establishment, most of them would prefer to keep the smoking clients.

As to Mid city, yes they treat the regs better. I used to hangout there a lot and I saw that.

But you are acting like smoking is still allowed in the city...its not. Its not the same thing...there is no ordinance against you drinking at an establishment, but there IS one for smoking. You can't just blinding ignore it because you don't like or agree with it.

I'd prefer to have smoking in bars and other designated places, but until there is enough support to overturn or change the ordinance, I'm going to abide by it.

And based on what I hear in the community (which isn't much, mind you), for every owner complaining about the smoking ban, there are a handful that support it.

So, if you really want to smoke in a bar, take a 15 minute drive and do it in New Haven! Which is a "choice" as well, then everyone will be happy!

_________________
deek's World


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 am 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:36 pm
Posts: 7186
I think civil disobedience (especially if the bar is willing to participate) is the way to get it modified. Just refuse to obey their stupid laws, then refuse to pay the fine.

_________________
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 2495
Location: home
bassjones wrote:
I think civil disobedience (especially if the bar is willing to participate) is the way to get it modified. Just refuse to obey their stupid laws, then refuse to pay the fine.


then watch the punishment increase.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:51 am 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:36 pm
Posts: 7186
If people are that upset about it, they would be willing to do that. Me, not so much. There's a guy in California who owes about $15,000 in helmet violations. He's been pulled over and fined over 100 times, but he's fighting what he feels is an unjust law and he wants to get it into the court system and get it to the Supreme Court (which could also impact seat belt laws). If you're that upset about it, quit bitching and start fighting. People did it during prohibition. Don't just take it. If you feel it's unjust, get up/stand up. Tell the government nannies to f**k off.

_________________
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am 
Offline
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:53 pm
Posts: 6246
Location: 46825
Regulars will always get treated better.

Want the same treatment? Become a regular.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:45 am 
Offline
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 am
Posts: 5678
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
The_Dude wrote:
Regulars will always get treated better.

Want the same treatment? Become a regular.

_________________
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:48 am 
Offline
SuperStar
SuperStar

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:37 am
Posts: 379
Location: talking to myself in a dimly lit room.
True enough. BE a regular...get preferential treatment. And I'll grant you, I'm not a regular at Mid City by any means.

But with the current attitude toward non-regulars, I won't even be an occasional. No skin off their nose, I'd wager. But how many others have had the same kinds of experiences, and DIDN'T mention them on a message board, or write a letter to the editor....they just didn't bother to go back? Is this the way Mid City treats everyone they don't know well? Comments on this thread already lead me to believe that that might be close to the truth.

All I hear around this board are laments about how locals don't support local music. Everyone that has played or will play Mid City should be pissed that fans are being driven out, instead of welcomed in. How many performances will I miss in 2008 at Mid City because of the sh*tty treatment of one night? How many fans of your music will have a similar experience, and decide not to bother to come out and see you perform?

Next time i want to blow twenty bucks for four drinks, and get treated like sh*t, I'll invite my ex wife out for dinner, instead of trying to watch, enjoy and support the Freak Brothers...or YOUR band.

Just a little food for thought, from a non-regular.

_________________
TINY....
-----------------------------------
TINY TUNES Event and Entertainment Services -Mobile Music, Pro Sound, Booking and Event Planning
tinytunesdjs.com

also occasionally on 92.3 The Fort

Still waiting on confirmation of my new Harrison Square condominium purchase.


Last edited by tiny on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:52 am 
Offline
Staff Member
Staff Member

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:36 pm
Posts: 7186
The first time I was in there I was treated pretty well actually. I'm surprised you had that sort of experience and would suggest you give it one more shot in case it was just one bartender having a bad night, which I suspect it was.

_________________
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 am
Posts: 5678
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
deek wrote:
kimaliz wrote:
poopstains wrote:
=^-..-^= wrote:
deek wrote:
While I don't necessarily agree with the smoking ban, since when is it anyone's right to choose to obey/disobey laws and/or ordinances as they see fit?


YEAH! I wish someone woulda' told Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King that – stupid troublemakers!!!


I'm gonna have to go with a HUGE difference between disobeying a smoking ordinance, and civil rights, and the independence of a nation.

As for Mid City I have been in there a handful of times, and got pretty sh*tty service, its as if your not a regular your money is sh*t.

Quote:
Not all bars allowed smoking. If someone wanted to drink at a bar without smoke, those places were readily available to them in restaurant bars per the previous ban.


This simply isn't true their were No bars in the conventional sense that was smoke free. You can't go to a restaurant bar and tie on a good one because they close early, management will cut you off quick and it is just weird to party at a restaurant


My point was you had a place to drink. Plus, how does it feel when you cant do what you want in an establishment. You get mad that they would cut you off or close early, why is that any different then me getting upset that I cant enjoy a smoke with my drink? Sad thing is that in my case it isnt even the establishment, most of them would prefer to keep the smoking clients.

As to Mid city, yes they treat the regs better. I used to hangout there a lot and I saw that.

But you are acting like smoking is still allowed in the city...its not. Its not the same thing...there is no ordinance against you drinking at an establishment, but there IS one for smoking. You can't just blinding ignore it because you don't like or agree with it.

I'd prefer to have smoking in bars and other designated places, but until there is enough support to overturn or change the ordinance, I'm going to abide by it.

And based on what I hear in the community (which isn't much, mind you), for every owner complaining about the smoking ban, there are a handful that support it.

So, if you really want to smoke in a bar, take a 15 minute drive and do it in New Haven! Which is a "choice" as well, then everyone will be happy!


I was actually just comparing the feeling. Saying that you had a place to go if you didnt feel like smoke in the air. May not have been the funnest places but it was there nonetheless. Smokers don't get a place to go anymore that doesnt ential freezing their asses off that is.

Well owners that are for it should have made their place nonsmoking before the ban.

The group that is for smoking here is pushing it on New Haven now. How extremly unconstitutional is that???

_________________
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:02 pm 
Offline
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:39 am
Posts: 5678
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
bassjones wrote:
I think civil disobedience (especially if the bar is willing to participate) is the way to get it modified. Just refuse to obey their stupid laws, then refuse to pay the fine.


yes I believe this is the only way to do things these days, if it even works anymore.

screw all that political crap, its a waste of time.

_________________
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
     
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group