Marty Brenneman: Cubs fans most obnoxious in sports

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Blah blah blah.

More obnoxious than Yankees, White/Red Sox because 15 fans threw balls on the field? HA. Overstatement of the year.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I'm not a cubs fan by any means, but I think Philly fans are the most obnoxious fans on the planet, by far. Geez, they boo'd Santa! Fans just don't come any more obnoxious than Philadelphia sports fans.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

Post by G Fresh »

I know it's a different sport, but I'd say that Patriots fans are the most annoying. :wink: :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:I'm not a cubs fan by any means, but I think Philly fans are the most obnoxious fans on the planet, by far. Geez, they boo'd Santa! Fans just don't come any more obnoxious than Philadelphia sports fans.
Philly fans.
Red Sox fans.
White Sox fans.
Yankees fans.

Hell, I was at a Cubs/Phillies game a few years back (in Philly) and some guy wanted to kick my ass because I was cheering for the Cubs.

Brenneman surprisingly doesn't know what the f*ck he's talking about.
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

The_Dude wrote:Blah blah blah.

More obnoxious than Yankees, White/Red Sox because 15 fans threw balls on the field? HA. Overstatement of the year.
2 words: Steve Bartman

"The fact that Steve Bartman can't leave his house without being hounded by fans and reporters and can't go to work out of fear for his safety is indicative of everything that is wrong with American culture." - Steve Lyons
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

The_Dude wrote:Overstatement of the year.
Overstatement of the year?
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

subgenius88 wrote:

"The fact that Steve Bartman can't leave his house without being hounded by fans and reporters and can't go to work out of fear for his safety is indicative of everything that is wrong with American culture." - Steve Lyons
Had that taken place in ANY other city, the outcome would've been the same. Hell, he probably would've been found floating in the ocean had it happened in NY.

That being said...I personally don't think the guy did anything wrong. He did what every other fan would've done. He tried catching a foul ball.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Sankofa wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Overstatement of the year.
Overstatement of the year?
Okay, maybe I wouldn't go that far, but I still think it's BS.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

subgenius88 wrote:

youre not a cubs fan are you?
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

The_Dude wrote:
Had that taken place in ANY other city, the outcome would've been the same. Hell, he probably would've been found floating in the ocean had it happened in NY.
I don't think so. Most people are smart enough to know one ball interfered with by a fan can't cause eight runs to score. You see, there are only three bases. Also, the only way a player can score or advance on a ball hit into foul territory is if the player catches it and you have to reach base to score, which the batter did after receiving a walk. On top of that, the umpires ruled the ball had left the field of play. So, in conclusion, you'd have to be dumb as rocks to have blamed Steve Bartman.

Just for the memories, here's the recap:

With one out in the eighth, Juan Pierre doubled, Pierre advances on a wild pitch, Castillo walked, Irod singled scoring Pierre, Cabrera reached on an error, Lee doubled, Lowell intentionally walked, Conine sacrifice fly, Hollandsworth intentionally walked, Mordecai clears the bases with a double, Pierre singled scoring Mordecai, Castillo popped out. 8-3 Marlins.

A wild pitch, an error, three walks and five hits.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

subgenius88 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
I don't think so. Most people are smart enough to know one ball interfered with by a fan can't cause eight runs to score. You see, there are only three bases. Also, the only way a player can score or advance on a ball hit into foul territory is if the player catches it and you have to reach base to score, which the batter did after receiving a walk. On top of that, the umpires ruled the ball had left the field of play. So, in conclusion, you'd have to be dumb as rocks to have blamed Steve Bartman.

Just for the memories, here's the recap:

With one out in the eighth, Juan Pierre doubled, Pierre advances on a wild pitch, Castillo walked, Irod singled scoring Pierre, Cabrera reached on an error, Lee doubled, Lowell intentionally walked, Conine sacrifice fly, Hollandsworth intentionally walked, Mordecai clears the bases with a double, Pierre singled scoring Mordecai, Castillo popped out. 8-3 Marlins.

A wild pitch, an error, three walks and five hits.
I didn't mean the outcome of the game. I meant the whole backlash towards Bartman. It WOULD have been the same in any other city.

As for your little recap...*yawn*...you anti-Cubs fans need some new material.
rezin

Post by rezin »

half those dudes play/played for the cubs, haha.

and theres nothing that can be said that will make us feel any worse than we already have.

might as well talk baseball and leave the shite talk for another thread.
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »

On a side note.

It's been reported that the ghost of Harry Caray has appeared across the country proudly proclaiming "I'm a Bud Man and a Cub Fan".

HOLY COW!
echosauce1
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by echosauce1 »