Nascar

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Haggard
Regular
Regular

Nascar

Post by Haggard »

Just want to pose a question to get some opinions. Is Nascar a sport? Please explain your answer.
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

no.

you really wanna f**k 'em up... throw a right turn in the mix. They won't know what to do.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

There's really no right or wrong answer. That's about the only answer I can give.
Shaggydoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Shaggydoo »

Q: What has 212 eyes and 17 teeth?

A: The first two rows at a NASCAR race.......
Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Tacos

Imitate, Assimilate, Innovate
Side Hatch Studios
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

nascar is not a sport. it started with moonshiners racing each other... it may well be entertainment, but sport it is not.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I say yes, NASCAR is a sport (although I am not an avid fan). I view anything that has competition, as being a sport, team or individual based.

I think most people also add the factor of "physical" to the definition of sport, and then you get a whole lot of other "grey area" arguments. But to reiterate, yes, I believe it is a sport as you have teams competing against one another in order to win.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:nascar is not a sport. it started with moonshiners racing each other... it may well be entertainment, but sport it is not.
State your reasoning.
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

I'd say yes, even though I am not a fan at all. It takes training, skill, and concentration to do it, not just any yahoo can hop in a car and do it well.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

bassjones wrote:nascar is not a sport. it started with moonshiners racing each other... it may well be entertainment, but sport it is not.
what does that make other racing then?
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

rezin wrote:
what does that make other racing then?
Ding!
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

If Poker is a sport then so is Nascar.
http://www.facebook.com/sevesd
http://www.myspace.com/sevesd
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Is horse racing a sport? Is bicycle racing a sport?

I'm not sure if auto racing is a sport........It's a great question.

These are not sports: Poker is a game......Bowling is a game......Darts is a game.

I'm not sure if there is enough physical ability that is required to consider NASCAR a sport.........You do not have to be "athletic" to participate in auto racing.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

conley wrote:I'm not sure if there is enough physical ability that is required to consider NASCAR a sport.........You do not have to be "athletic" to participate in auto racing.
I have to disagree with that...at least modern day auto racing you have drivers that go through a lot of conditioning and strength training. When you factor in that they are stuck in a car for hours at a time, needing to keep razor sharp reflexes, while monitoring a ton data and enduring many different G-forces...that's more than just hopping in a car and stepping on the gas.

I'd say the majority of NASCAR drivers are more "athletic" in their field than a typical center in the NBA...

But it looks like the line is being drawn by physical exertion, as I think everyone is agreeing that sport or game, there has to be competition.

So, if a subjective amount of physical exertion is expended, its a sport. If not, its a game.

I still hold that the physical exertion does not make a sport, its the competition...but at least we know where people are drawing their lines!
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

conley wrote: These are not sports: Poker is a game......Bowling is a game......Darts is a game.
Ahh, but isn't Football a game?

Wouldn't you say "I am going to go to the baseball game with my buddies"?

Or, "I got punched in the face by Vernon Maxwell at the basketball game"?
http://www.facebook.com/sevesd
http://www.myspace.com/sevesd
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

deek wrote:
conley wrote:I'm not sure if there is enough physical ability that is required to consider NASCAR a sport.........You do not have to be "athletic" to participate in auto racing.
I have to disagree with that...at least modern day auto racing you have drivers that go through a lot of conditioning and strength training. When you factor in that they are stuck in a car for hours at a time, needing to keep razor sharp reflexes, while monitoring a ton data and enduring many different G-forces...that's more than just hopping in a car and stepping on the gas.

I'd say the majority of NASCAR drivers are more "athletic" in their field than a typical center in the NBA...

But it looks like the line is being drawn by physical exertion, as I think everyone is agreeing that sport or game, there has to be competition.

So, if a subjective amount of physical exertion is expended, its a sport. If not, its a game.

I still hold that the physical exertion does not make a sport, its the competition...but at least we know where people are drawing their lines!
Not to mention the heat they experience sitting in those cars for hours, on some of the hottest days of the year.