The Super Bowl - Best ever?

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

The Super Bowl - Best ever?

Post by conley »

I really thought the Patriots were gonna roll, but the key factor going into the game was whether or not the talented front four of the Giants could put pressure on Brady......Boy, did they ever!!!!

I love it!!!!

I believe it was the best/ most exciting SuperBowl ever!!!!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

I really didn't think I'd watch it at all... I'm glad I did.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Damn.....I was on the edge of my seat & I'm not a fan of either team......Just an unbelievable ending!!!

ooooooh........I just wet myself.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I would have to say it was easily an hour after the game before I got my breath back and my heart really stopped POUNDING...

My friend Ray just moved back from California and has been stuck in Wyoming for the last week due to snow closing down their highway system...he fought to get back here to see this game...

They drove 20 hours straight to get here yesterday morning...

So just the culmination of making it here and then the crazy excitement of the game made it one of the most memorable superbowl's I have ever experienced...:)

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Chris
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Can you imagine what is was like in the stands? A team from Boston playing a New York team? Now that would have been an experience!!!!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

Brady wrote:"I'm going home to cry in her boobs..."

lucky bastard.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Great game. The Giants front 4 played the best game I've ever seen by a defensive line. Brady had no time, they couldn't run, nothing. Great game from them. When the Pats scored and Manning came out and overthrew his first two passes on that drive badly, I thought they were done, but he settled down, made that incredible play for the first down, then led them the rest of the way back.

Great game. Great freakin' game. I didn't miss a snap.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

It was certainly a great game...not sure if I'd say best ever though (at least that I have seen). The Superbowl where Tennessee missed the win by just one yard, against St. Louis, I believe. Tackled right by the goal line...that was pretty solid.

And then the next year, when New England won on a last second field goal, against the Rams...

This one goes in that mix, for sure...

Granted, I don't remember as much of the games...so maybe this is the best one I've seen...but it could also be because I just watched it yesterday:)
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

deek wrote:It was certainly a great game...not sure if I'd say best ever though (at least that I have seen). The Superbowl where Tennessee missed the win by just one yard, against St. Louis, I believe. Tackled right by the goal line...that was pretty solid.

And then the next year, when New England won on a last second field goal, against the Rams...

Granted, I don't remember as much of the games...so maybe this is the best one I've seen...but it could also be because I just watched it yesterday:)
Given what was on the line for this one, the perfect season for the sPats and all, I'd say this one blows those 2 out of the water. Sure, they were good games as well, but I don't think those games come remotely close to being as good as this one.

Of course, that's my opinion. But I stand by it.

Not to mention the fact that I enjoyed watching Brady get smacked around and that makes up for a good chunk of my excitement.
Last edited by The_Dude on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Man, he (Brady) really did get smacked around......He just had this "glossy" look in his eyes right out of the gate.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I mentioned this (maybe here) at the San Diego game...Brady just didn't look good. He had a very poor performance in the Championship game...lucky that Faulk bailed him out on several inhuman grabs. Brady just didn't look on that game.

Then, coming into the Superbowl, he overthrew Moss several times...underthrew him once or twice, and then threw some ducks in between. And these receivers were wide open...I think something has been going on, because he just wasn't as accurate as he had been all year. I don't know if it was something in his personal life, an undisclosed injury, but you'd have to be blind to see that his last two games this post-season didn't look as good as anything up to that point...
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I actually thought Randy looked a step slow. Those overthrows would have been completions had Randy finished his route at top speed. He normally just goes right past defensive backs, and the Giants DBs are not very good or very fast, but he never seemed to get by them. Hard to be incredibly accurate with a 6'5", 265 lb lineman in your face too... Justin Tuck was incredible all night.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

deek wrote:It was certainly a great game...not sure if I'd say best ever though (at least that I have seen). The Superbowl where Tennessee missed the win by just one yard, against St. Louis, I believe. Tackled right by the goal line...that was pretty solid.

Falling short is nowhere near as dramatic or great a finish as the coming from behind...now had he MADE the TD and not fallen short the few yards I think it would have been bigger...

And winning on a kick...as great as that is with no time left...winning on a play that does not involve time to set up and run routes trumps it...

Regardless of how you look at it...one thing makes this the greatest superbowl game ever

18-1

hahahaha...

C-Dub
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

i loved it.

pittsburgh winning was the best for me.

or maybe the st.louis/tennesee game.
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd