Tom Brady

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Tom Brady

Post by conley »

For starters, I hate the Patriots.

But, Tom Brady threw for more touchdowns this year (50) than any other quarterback in history.

He may lead a team to an undefeated seson.

AND, he may win his 4th SuperBowl.

Assuming these feats get accomplished this year, is it safe to say that we are watching the greatest quarterback of all-time in Tom Brady?

There.......hopefully I have now officially jinxed the Patriots.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

is it the quarterback or the system?
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I think it's safe to say he and Manning will go down as the greatest two of all time before it's over. Brady will have more rings, Manning will hold all the records - except maybe this one.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

anderson wrote:is it the quarterback or the system?
Yeah, I bet throwing Danny Wuerffel in the system would net the same results...

Regardless of whether you hate the Patriots or not, take a look at Manning's MVP seasons...Brady's is better...you have to give him MVP. He's the captain of the highest scoring offense in NFL history. He threw for the most TDs EVER, in a single season. His team went undefeated in the regular season.

If ANY QB did this in the league, they would be my pick at MVP.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Ditto...

How about Tom Brady call a play once in his career also...

f**k Tom Brady...I hope he breaks a leg in his playoff opening loss...

Chris
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

But that is just me venting...lol...;)

Chris
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

cwallace wrote:
Ditto...

How about Tom Brady call a play once in his career also...

f**k Tom Brady...I hope he breaks a leg in his playoff opening loss...

Chris
Drew Bledsoe, who was an outstanding quarterback, didn't have this kind of success in that system. It's the right quarterback in the right system, with the right surrounding cast. Just like Montana in SF. Only Brady's stronger and throws a better long ball. It's an incredibly complex system and Brady runs it to perfection.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

If Tom Brady had the talent that Manning has had the past 5 years, he would have already won 4 SuperBowls......in a row.

He's not a frigg'n "system" quarterback. He's a great leader & just knows how to win.

Once again, I hate the Patriots, but you need to sit back and appreciate this historical season.

What does calling your own plays have to do with anything?
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

He audibles on at least 40% of their plays and he has reads to make on every play, just like Manning.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

bassjones wrote:He audibles on at least 40% of their plays and he has reads to make on every play, just like Manning.
Or any good QB in the NFL...

Is Brady my favorite QB? No. Have I had him on my fantasy teams? Yes. Does he deserve MVP this year? Yes. Do I hope the Patriots lose a playoff game? Hell yes!

Manning is an awesome QB. Brady is an awesome QB. Marino is my favorite QB, although I get annoyed each and every day watching him broadcast. Favre is a frickin' iron man QB.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

deek wrote:
bassjones wrote:He audibles on at least 40% of their plays and he has reads to make on every play, just like Manning.

Is Brady my favorite QB? No. Have I had him on my fantasy teams? Yes. Does he deserve MVP this year? Yes. Do I hope the Patriots lose a playoff game? Hell yes!

Manning is an awesome QB. Brady is an awesome QB. Marino is my favorite QB, although I get annoyed each and every day watching him broadcast. Favre is a frickin' iron man QB.
+1000
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

deek wrote:

correct. the key is making the correct reads and calling the correct audible. That part of the game is more important than having a strong arm, and that's why I can't understand why GMs get all googly eyed over Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, etc... when the QBs who consistently perform in the NFL are the smart, accurate guys - Terry Bradshaw being the exception :lol: No lie, before the Brady draft - which included a bunch of other QBs, who were all supposed to be great - I told a friend of mine that Brady was going to be the best QB of the draft class. He looked at me like I was insane. His junior and senior year, he was splitting time with Drew Henson, but people don't remember, he still played 65-70% of the time, and was in there on all the obvious passing downs. He had one of the highest completion percentages in the country both years, and did not make mistakes. This years' draft, I really like Chad Henne out of Michigan. He does have a cannon arm, but he's also been playing in a pro set offense for four years, has great touch (witness some of those throws in the Capital One Bowl), and does not make mistakes. He's not particularly mobile and he's coming off that knee injury, but that bowl game shows what he can do when healthy. You can have Booty and Ainge or whoever else is the hot QB du jour. I'll bet you Henne's the better pro - especially if he can go to a good team with a veteran QB and be a backup for a year or two. I'm hoping the Lions take him. Sit him behind Kitna next year and see where he's at heading into his 2nd year.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

As a Colts fan, I'd have to say Brady is better than Manning...now. Watching the guy play is truly amazing. In fact, he doesn't need to win a Superbowl this year (and I hope NE doesn't).

It's not like he's light years ahead of Manning...Manning is still one of the greatest QB's off all-time. It's all relative, anyways. It's really a stupid argument.

That being said...GO COLTS!
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

The_Dude wrote:It's not like he's light years ahead of Manning...Manning is still one of the greatest QB's off all-time. It's all relative, anyways. It's really a stupid argument.

That being said...GO COLTS!
Agreed.
....if Colts would beat the Patriots,..this argument COULD , turn a dime.
..maybe. :?

Less is always more
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Absolutely agree with WBOB, this could be huge for Manning's legacy....just huge.