Who is Jojo: An Introspective Journey into Polemical Delight

Use this forum to start a thread about yourself. Please take the time to read to rules and regs before posting.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

i started reading it a while back (like three years ago), and just couldn't get into it. i'll inevitably get back to it, but after Zarathustra y Birth of Tragedy.

isn't it a pretty quick read too? i think in a few editions it's bundled with Twilight.

for the record, Twilight of the Idols is the greatest title in the world. It's sub-title is the second greatest title in the world.

on the Nietzsche tip:
if you can, buy Basic Writings of Nietzsche and The Portable Nietzsche. each one of those is a compilation with like 4 complete books in it - as well as extra stuff from his other gigs.
analogtrack

Post by analogtrack »

The Story of B is amazing
Ishmael the ape is my hero
jojo the circus monkey

where the hell have you been?!
jojo the circus monkey

i realized that i left out the last 5 years of my life.

if you were a grad program i was applying for, i'd tell you:

graduated magna cum laude ("I'd like to cum laude, preferably in a '69" - Brody) from Ivy Tech for an AAS in networking, programming, and cisco networking

graduated magna cum laude ("I'd like to...") from Indiana Tech for a BS in IS.

GRE:
Verbal: 560
Quantitative: 610 (i was in the 50 percentile - which is really low.)
Analytical Writing: 5.5 (in the 85 percentile on this one. WOOO! i had all my excuses ready about how relative and bogus this section was... until i got a high score)

i had a ladylove for a couple years. she got me into the smiths, refused, elliot smith, and swallowing sh*t. awesome.

on my 21st birthday i was (probably) reading and feeling alienated. stupidest and worst birthday ever. and i want to thank everyone with stupid 21st-birthday-stories for making me feel like an outcast for not living up to that norm. i've got the straightedge!......? :?

in 12th grade i wrote a really important paper on how the bible is immoral and how christians have committed the worst atrocities in history. that was a pretty big deal for me back then. i wrote fantastically (in the very literal sense) and got a D on the paper - if i remember right. I knew i would. but do you think i was about to change my qualifiers for a paper that was THAT awesome?!?!?!?!

I think my thesis statement was: History is begging for reparations from the blood spilled and atrocities committed by Christians.

(the problem, if you dont already know, is that i have to prove that history is begging for reparations. it's an awesome poetic device, but for a cogent argument it's lacking. IT STILL SOUNDED SICK! \m/ WOOOO!)
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Hmmmm interesting.

With all that education did you ever learn a really good d*ck or fart joke?
jojo the circus monkey

"d*ck and fart jokes" is one of the lamest phrases i've ever heard. it KILLLLLLLLLLED me when kevin smith constantly played it over and over and over in his movies.

but for in case you didn't notice it, as it was pretty far above where you posted:
graduated magna cum laude ("I'd like to cum laude, preferably in a '69" - Brody)

i used to be pretty awesome in highschool and middle school. i did the penguin joke all the time.
The Hand of Poo
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by The Hand of Poo »

jojo the circus monkey wrote: i did the penguin joke all the time.
HAIL TO THE PENGUIN!!!
Kimberly
Convolution Records
Convolution Records

Post by Kimberly »

The infamous photo...hee hee :lol:

jojo the circus monkey

it also looks like i'll be going for an MA program in psychology at BSU.

i have GOTSTA scan that report card from 2nd grade that says i need to quit arguing with my fellow students.
Modus Operandai

Post by Modus Operandai »

In Memoriam:

All in all, punishment hardens and renders people more insensible; it concentrates; it increases the feeling of estrangement; it strengthens the power of resistance.

Friedrich Nietzsche