If hes good

Show off your creative talents. Post your pictures here as well as give and receive constructive criticism.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

If hes good

Post by vv1122365 »

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Zach Johnson is like most players at the World Challenge, not sure whether hes still playing in 2013 or if hes in the middle of the new wraparound season that officially started in October. All he knows is that hes leading. Johnson, who already has two official PGA Tour events under his belt in the "new season," came out a few days early to the unofficial World Challenge to work on new equipment with Titleist at its test centre in Carlsbad, and to meet with his team of coaches to outline goals for 2014 and to identify weakness. One priority is to score better on the par 5s, and Johnson wasted little time on that. Sherwood has five par 5s. He made birdie on four of them for a 5-under 67, giving him a one-shot lead over Matt Kuchar. Hunter Mahan and Bubba Watson were at 70, while tournament host Tiger Woods missed short putts at the beginning and end of his round and had to settle for a 71. "A highlight that were looking into next year is trying to play those holes a little bit better," Johnson said of the par 5s. "I dont know what I did that today. I hit it close. I had good shots in there with the proper spin, nothing more than that. But youve got to take advantage of them. Youve got five of them. The thing is ... one errant shot, youre staring a 6 right in the face, if not more. Theres a lot of penal areas." Johnson said he still considers Kapalua to be the start of the season. Woods, meanwhile, is still trying to get his head around the schedule change. He hasnt played an official tournament in the 2013-14 season. The only event he played was the Turkish Open, where he tied for third in the European Tour event. After this week, he wont play again until Torrey Pines at the end of January. Thats his usual starting point, except that the PGA Tour already has had six guys win tournaments. "To me, Im still on the old calendar, so to me this is the end of the year," Woods said. "I know that Im going to be pretty far behind on points by the time I tee up again, and thats just kind of the way its going to be. ... But you have the entire summer, you have the entire major championship season, you have the big events and then the playoffs. Anything can happen. But its going to be interesting to see how far behind some of us are when we start." This sure didnt feel like summer. The temperature was in the upper 20s before the sun came up in the foothills of the Santa Monica mountains. There was a one-hour frost delay. A combination of firm turf, chilly weather, some breeze and firm greens made for tough scoring, and it showed. Steve Stricker was among those under par until a bogey-bogey-double bogey finish put him at 75. Jordan Spieth, coming off a sensational rookie season and playing for the first time since the HSBC Champions in Shanghai a month ago, had a 77 and was last in the field. Jason Day, who won the individual and team title at the World Cup two weeks ago at Royal Melbourne, had a 76. Rory McIlroy, with girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki following him, was hopeful of building momentum from his first win of the year last week in the Australian Open. He missed a few short putts, found the water on the par-3 15th and had a 73. He played with defending champion Graeme McDowell, who had a 72. McDowell saw a note that his last eight rounds at Sherwood were in the 60s. That streak ended Thursday, though for good reason. "The course hasnt been this tough in a couple years," McDowell said. "The scoring reflects that. The greens are much firmer. The speed of them caught me by surprise a little bit today. My speed was a little clumsy, and it showed today on the greens." This is the final year the tournament is being played at Sherwood. It moves to Isleworth just outside Orlando, Fla., next year. Any rust Woods felt had to do with the greens, which he said showed on some of his putts. "I made a few mistakes today," Woods said. "I also hit a couple of good shots that ended up in some interesting spots. That can happen out there. I shot about the score ... maybe could have gotten one or two more out of it." Johnson had few complaints. He opened with two birdies, and then surged ahead on the back nine with five birdies in a seven-hole stretch, three of them on the par 5s. Johnson has a pair of runner-up finishes at this event, and with the tournament moving, this is his last shot at Sherwood. "I did everything decent," he said. "Just a real solid day all around. I was aggressive when I needed to be aggressive, and I was conservative when I needed to be conservative. Its nothing more than a decent start." on that. Authentic Elie Okobo Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. Authentic Grant Hill Jersey . He was attracted by the punishing defence, the strong running game and a coaching staff he trusted. The 49ers announced Thursday that Manningham had signed a two-year deal to join the team he helped knock out in the NFC championship game two months ago in their latest offensive upgrade at wide receiver. http://www.cheapsunsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-trevor-ariza-jersey .4 seconds left and dribbled up court, weaving through Pitts defence. Stitched Suns Jerseys Online . -- Ricky Romeros comeback bid hit another road bump Tuesday in an ugly 18-4 Jays loss to a Detroit Tigers split squad. Authentic Deandre Ayton Jersey . The Durban-based Sharks withstood a furious second-half fightback to beat the Queensland Reds 35-20 for a fourth straight win which gave them a five-point lead atop the championship table. The Hamilton-based Chiefs scored two late tries to beat the Cape Town-based Stormers 36-20 for their third win, after the Stormers rallied from 24-6 down to 24-20 with six minutes remaining.LAKELAND, Fla. -- Right-hander Brandon Morrow, who started last season second in the Jays pitching rotation, will open the 2014 campaign as the Jays fifth starter. Toronto manager John Gibbons says the move to the fifth spot is partially to give Morrow more time to get ready. He declined to provide further reasons, saying all would be revealed on the rotation in good time. Prior to Tuesday, Morrow had pitched eight innings this spring, giving up seven earned runs on 12 hits with four strikeouts and four walks. He was scheduled to throw in a minor league game Tuesday. Gibbons said hes happy with what hes seen from the 29-year-old Morrow, who is due to make US$8 million this season. "Yeah, hes fine," he told reporters prior to the Jays road game Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers. "The key with him is his health. Thats whats limited him the last couple of years. If hes good, hes strong and makes all his starts or at least most of them, weve got one of the better pitchers in baseball. But thats been tough for him to do the last couple of years." Morrows 2013 season was cut short by an impinged nerve in his right forearm. He went 2-3 with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts before being shut down. A torn oblique muscle cost him more than two months of the 2012 campaign. Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey will open the season on the mound for the Jays on March 31 in Tampa. Gibbons has said left-hander Mark Buehrle will start third, to separate him from Dickey. If Morrow goes fifth, he will pitch the home opener April 4 against the Yankees. That leaves the No. 2 and 4 positions with Gibbons saying one spot goes to left-hander J.dddddddddddd. Happ. The team has yet to confirm the last starter but it is widely believed that Drew Hutchison has pitched his way into the rotation. Gibbons said hes happy with the pitching weapons at his disposal. "Yeah, I really like the way its setting up. I really do ... Theres still some decisions to be made but Im very pleased," he said. Pitching was a major problem last season when Toronto starters combined for a 46-57 record and a 4.81 ERA. Only Minnesota had an higher ERA (5.26) among its starters. Morrow threw 3 2/3 innings Tuesday in a Jays minor league intra-squad game that also saw Buehrle pitch. Morrow gave up two runs with two walks and two strikeouts. He threw 63 pitches, 36 for strikes "Everythings coming along well," he said. "I got established what I wanted to establish today with the fastball command, with the nice zip and pop on that, and you could see the guys were behind it at times, regardless of the velocity. "It wasnt my best velocity, but the swings tell you whether or not youre locating well and the kind of life on it, so that was positive. Everything else has been coming along really well." Buehrle gave up three runs (two earned) in 4 1/3 innings with two walks and three strikeouts. NOTES -- Closer Casey Janssen, on a slower spring training track to protect against shoulder soreness, threw live batting practice Tuesday. "All in all, good to get on a mound, good to get a little bit of adrenalin going, and most importantly, its good to feel good," he said. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '