Anarchy good or bad

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

is anarchy good or bad

good........
44%
bad........
38%
me not know...........
19%

Total votes: 16

hxctimmy

Post by hxctimmy »

So the anarchists will form vigilante groups to protect each other from those fascists.
And wouldn't that make them a form of government? Besides, how would they decide what rules to enforce? How can they work outside the law to enforce it if it doesn't exist?
"We are all the same people with sinning hearts that make us equal. Here's my hand not words said desperately, it's not our job to MAKE anyone believe."
-Emery
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Yeah, but with bartering imagine how much gas would cost!

"Umm, for your 5 gallons of gas, how about 3 cows."

*sheeesh*
fragile_funk
Careful with the Funk
Careful with the Funk

Post by fragile_funk »

sharkmansix wrote: "Umm, for your 5 gallons of gas, how about 3 cows."
That's a deal! 5 gallons of gas in exchange for an almost unlimited supply of milk?! I'll trade you my damn car for a few pounds of flour, some eggs, and chocolate. I'm going to need a lot of cookies!

I'll trade you some of my delicious cookies for a ride to school...
[url]http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/hammerstrikestudio[/url]
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

So you posess a grind stone large enough to make flour? No one I know does.......
braintrain01
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by braintrain01 »

Sharkman who said we would use gas it is going to run out some time and when it dose civilizations will fall and the power of anarchy will take over the us government will fall first because of out mass need for oil and gas and there’s a large depth our government has lets see today it is Image you know that will destroy the gov in the long run and we will have to go back to a simpler life we will have cows an stuff we will become the hunter gatherer society we once were instead of the consumer society we are now…………:twisted:

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/braintrain01/quagmire.gif[/img]
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Gas is going to run out, yes....but it's not going to run out any time soon. We'll all be long dead before we reach a serious oil crisis where the pirce isn't the concern, but rather the existence of it.
fragile_funk
Careful with the Funk
Careful with the Funk

Post by fragile_funk »

sharkmansix wrote:So you posess a grind stone large enough to make flour? No one I know does.......
First of all, I said I would trade for "flour", already ground. And even if all you had was wheat, I'm sure I could find a couple stones to grind it down with. There's no need for a premanufactured grind stone really. When it comes to cookies, I WILL find a way to succeed. I don't mess around...
[url]http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/hammerstrikestudio[/url]
braintrain01
I Been Around
I Been Around

i like cake

Post by braintrain01 »

I agree don’t mess with anarchists when it comes to cookies we always get the job done always
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/braintrain01/quagmire.gif[/img]
scuzzbagcomics
Newbie 4 Life
Newbie 4 Life

Post by scuzzbagcomics »

this thread's had a lot of traffic since i posted last but let's see

sharkman said
So how are goods and services going to be paid for? Barter and trade?
Sure, I've got some goods to trade, let's see... frogs, acorns, hickory nuts, wild raspberries, fish, uh...that's mostly everything. No government tp print currency. Currency legitimizes exploitation. Its much easier to exploit others when you're dealing in money and not cotton. uh...unless you're a slave. cotton was a bad example. let's say sugar...nevermind! okay corn, corn works right?
Why work for anything except yourself in a society like that?
i agree, why work? i'm preaching the abolishment of work. Work's for suckas. The thing is that anyone who subscribes to the anarchist vision of autonomy, equality, and peace (the only kind of people who would be admitted to such a society) would respect the freedom of others enough that they wouldn't take advantage or profit off others misfortune.

hxc said
Wanting a change in the government and wanting it to cease to exist are two different things.
The difference between reform and revolution. Those who want a nibble of cake and those who want to burn the fu;cking bakery down.

fragilefunk said
Heck yeah, I have always wished we could go back to a system of bartering, like in the good ol' days.

I'll give you one of my rabbit skins for a basket of corn...
You have rabbit skins??? I could have swore you'd be trading apples...

hxc said
So the anarchists will form vigilante groups to protect each other from those fascists.
And wouldn't that make them a form of government? Besides, how would they decide what rules to enforce? How can they work outside the law to enforce it if it doesn't exist?
Well, let's see... Have vigilante groups ever been considered lawful??? NO!!! Vigilantes are lawless...duh!!! The anarchists would contitute the BROTHERHOOD OF MANKIND where humans treat others humanely. Decisions would be made through grassroots participatory democracy. All members would have to consent to a decision.

sharkman said
Yeah, but with bartering imagine how much gas would cost!

"Umm, for your 5 gallons of gas, how about 3 cows."
Screw gas! There wouldn't be the government or an advanced enough economy to produce gas. Drilling, transportation, refining, transportation. No energy to drill, no upkeep of roads, there aren't any refineries in indiana. looks like we're sh*t out of luck. good riddance petrol! i'm gonna ride an osterich!

fragilefunk said
5 gallons of gas in exchange for an almost unlimited supply of milk?
That's a deal. And i'd take it if i wasn't lactose intolerant. Can I trade 5 gallons of gas for an almost unlimited supply of soy milk?

fragile funk said
sharkmansix wrote:
So you posess a grind stone large enough to make flour? No one I know does.......
First of all, I said I would trade for "flour", already ground. And even if all you had was wheat, I'm sure I could find a couple stones to grind it down with. There's no need for a premanufactured grind stone really. When it comes to cookies, I WILL find a way to succeed. I don't mess around...
i dont know where to find a grind stone. but how about a grindspine???
HAhah!!! HAhahRAR!!! HAhahRAR!

i think wheat would be too labor intensive. seperating all those tiny kernals, grinding em. Screw that crap. I've got a bunch of nuts in my woods. You can make walnut flour. And if you can make that, i'm sure i can make hickorynut flour, acorn flour(white not red because red's got too much tannins inedible), and maybe even hazelnut flour. mmm... Maple syrup! I could trade maple syrup too!
"The spectacle is nothing more than an image of happy unification surrounded by desolation and fear at the tranquil center of misery."

[img]http://www.nationalgeographic.com/media/ngkids/9903/monsters/images/sasquatch_anim.gif[/img]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/dogskull799[/url]
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Just hope no one negotiates trade down the barrel of a gun. That's the risk you run.

Didn't anyone else watch the Mad Max movies?
hxctimmy

Post by hxctimmy »

hxc said Quote:

Quote:

Well, let's see... Have vigilante groups ever been considered lawful??? NO!!! Vigilantes are lawless...duh!!! The anarchists would contitute the BROTHERHOOD OF MANKIND where humans treat others humanely. Decisions would be made through grassroots participatory democracy. All members would have to consent to a decision.

Vigilantes are not lawless. They work outside of the law to accomplish the purposes of the law. Examples, Batman, the Punisher, Casey Jones in the first Ninja Turtles Movie. They didn't follow the standard of law enforcement, but they did enforce a pre-existing law. Besides, true democracy doesn't work. That's why the U.S. is a republic. We elect people to represent us. That way the decisions of our country don't rest in the hands of uneducated people. There's nothing wrong with uneducated people, they just don't need to have a huge part in running the country.
"We are all the same people with sinning hearts that make us equal. Here's my hand not words said desperately, it's not our job to MAKE anyone believe."
-Emery
johnc
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by johnc »

sorry but i don't think dubya would be my first choice of partners for a
game of trivial pursuit. let alone run our country. or worst of all,
represent ME! the uneducated are still making decisions.
please electric move slow, cognition will kill the cure........
scuzzbagcomics
Newbie 4 Life
Newbie 4 Life

Post by scuzzbagcomics »

hxc said
Vigilantes are not lawless. They work outside of the law to accomplish the purposes of the law. Examples, Batman, the Punisher, Casey Jones in the first Ninja Turtles Movie. They didn't follow the standard of law enforcement, but they did enforce a pre-existing law.
Wow , i'm shocked and awed by that response. Vigilantes work outside of the law to accomplish the purposes of the law? Vigilantes fight for what they think is right. Look the term doesn't matter that much. Technicalities are a b*tch. All I'm saying is that they will join together to expel any adversaries from the anarchist's "perfect society." How about mob? That's about right.

The punisher killed people. How is that accomplishing the law? He's a murderer. Casey Jones was a thief, so he was a criminal too just like the punisher. please save that crap for the dozen or so mutant threads.
Besides, true democracy doesn't work. That's why the U.S. is a republic. We elect people to represent us. That way the decisions of our country don't rest in the hands of uneducated people. There's nothing wrong with uneducated people, they just don't need to have a huge part in running the country.
Anarchism isn't meant to rule empires. Its about regional autonomy, liberatarianism, communalism. republics are needed in empires so people think they have a say. Screw the ignorant? Yeah I guess so. They wouldn't be good rulers, but no one would be perfect at it, and thats why we dont need rulers. If our elected are the intelligent ones and we commoners are mere ignorant slobs, then the elected can exploit us more. They are more intelligent, more sly, trickier, more slick. Politicians are corrupt. Thats why we dont need politicians.

Power to the intelligent nobles, huh? What a feudalist. You should resurrect the Federalist party! That'd go real good with Nascar America.
"The spectacle is nothing more than an image of happy unification surrounded by desolation and fear at the tranquil center of misery."

[img]http://www.nationalgeographic.com/media/ngkids/9903/monsters/images/sasquatch_anim.gif[/img]

jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

left with only a bullet wrote:yeah, anarchy is cool if you want to die.
yeah because without central authority (which basically defines a State anthropologically) every culture is doomed. oh wait, thousands of other cultures were fine with no central authority.

anyone who argues against anarchy is forking stupid. and the worst part is that usually people who argue for it are forking stupid. here's the middle ground: just because there is no government with police doesn't mean we'd flip out and just start killing people. that's the forking stupidest argument i've ever heard. people who talk like that are forking children. yeah, because the government is gone all the sudden i'm going to shoot my foot and eat my face off.

anthropology in 13 seconds:

the units of social organization in humans:
The Band: A unit of social organization especially among hunter-gatherers, consisting of a usually small number of families living together cooperatively.

The Tribe: A unit of sociopolitical organization consisting of a number of families, clans, or other groups who share a common ancestry and culture and among whom leadership is typically neither formalized nor permanent.

The Chiefdom: political organization is typically inherited through kinship lines. A ranked society in which a few leaders make decisions for the group.

The State: a culture that has a formal political organization with a central bureaucracy with the authority to employ legalized force.

notice only one of those has a central authority with legalized force. that's us. remember how we killed a shiteload of cultures? yeah, most of those weren't states (in fact the only state i can think of solidly was the Aztecs).

we can get beyond government, we just have to wait for our population to crash and everyone to starve to forking death. that's why i want to read Peter Senge's "The Fifth Discipline". i think that'll teach us how to get past the state. it's hard to have a lot of people and NOT have a state. in fact i dont think its been done. has it?
scuzzbagcomics
Newbie 4 Life
Newbie 4 Life

Post by scuzzbagcomics »

jojo said
anthropology in 13 seconds:
and before he said
which basically defines a State anthropologically)
JOJO'S WORD FOR THE DAY AND EVERY OTHER DAY FOR THAT MATTER: A N T H R O P O L O G Y ! ! ! !

Jojo are you an anthropologist? Do you have a degree in anthro? Are you studying anthro? Because you tend to throw that word around in LOTS of posts. But seriously, what's the connection between anthropology and political science?
just because there is no government with police doesn't mean we'd flip out and just start killing people
Thank you realultimatepower.net

Robert Hamburger is the man!
yeah, because the government is gone all the sudden i'm going to shoot my foot and eat my face off.
I haven't committed any violent crimes but I used to be a kleptomaniac. So as a formal criminal, I was like to elucidate my point of view at the time and my motives for my actions.

I stole out of boredom. things that I didn't need, things that i had zero use for, but were very important to others were my favorite things to swipe. It was all a rush, like who can go in walmart and walk out with the most goods. Or DG, or FD, or our most popular target: Mr. Gillespie's AP Calculus class. How many dry erase markers, glue sticks, pens, and other worthless crap can we walk out with? I didn't even want that crap, i just threw it away. But the motivation of it all was the challenge. If there wasn't a threat, if we couldn't be caught, there wouldn't have been a point to it all. But over time I experienced diminishing returns. It just wasn't fun anymore, i wasn't getting high off it anymore, coincidentally thats when i started smoking weed more.

BUT WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT SOME CRIMINALS (SPECIFICALLY RAPISTS, SERIAL KILLERS, ARSONISTS, ETC) MAY VERY WELL SEE THE WORLD AS JUST A GAME. THEY WANT TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH.

AND JUST LIKE JOJO SAID, PEOPLE AREN'T GONNA BE LIKE "NO GOVERNMENT? LET'S GO KILL SOMEONE...FOR FREE!!!!!!"
it's hard to have a lot of people and NOT have a state. in fact i dont think its been done. has it?
nothing near the population densities we have these days. But the pacific northwest had a much higher population density than most others native american regions. lots of resources- they lived off the salmon.